News Trader EA - page 48

Thank you... I don't know how you do it... but the load of work you are processing on this forum is mind boggling...

Q1: wouldn't it be easier for you, if you would create a "sub-section" of this thread... for each currency pair... and... members would focus on a pair they like... and report everything on that pair's news behavior in that subsection...? don't you think the EA'a settings could be work on and "perfected" in each focus group in a more precise way...?

Q2: on your 1st page... user manual... I can not find the EA's item... ProcessingTime...

--------------------------------

TimeGap = 2; // Time Gap between News Time and Order Open Time in min

OrderDuration = 10; // Order Duratiton Time in min

* ProcessTime = 2; // Order processing Time in min *

SessionEnd = 23; // Session End Time

FridayEnd = 22; // Session End Time in Friday

---------------------------------

is this the time allowed to process the order by the broker's server...? if yes, it seams to be terribly long... could you please explain... -tks

Please find updated statement.

Files:

EnkiJr:
Thank you... I don't know how you do it... but the load of work you are processing on this forum is mind boggling...

Q1: wouldn't it be easier for you, if you would create a "sub-section" of this thread... for each currency pair... and... members would focus on a pair they like... and repost everything on that pair's news behavior in that subsection...? don't you think the EA'a settings could be work on and "perfected" in each focus group a more precisely that way...?

Q2: on your 1st page... user manual... I can not find the EA's item... ProcessingTime...

--------------------------------

TimeGap = 2; // Time Gap between News Time and Order Open Time in min

OrderDuration = 10; // Order Duratiton Time in min

* ProcessTime = 2; // Order processing Time in min *

SessionEnd = 23; // Session End Time

FridayEnd = 22; // Session End Time in Friday

---------------------------------

is this the time allowed to process the order by the broker's server...? if yes, it seams to be terribly long... could you please explain... -tks

EnkiJr,

Everything is understandable from the first post and explanation of the settings is on the second post. This thread is not small one I know.

People were tested this EA since January this year with many settings.

I personally tested my settings for 3 months already without changes. The other members tested other settings.

You may propose your settings but by testing please. Means that you have some idea/settings, you tested this settings to be good and after that posted. Because you are talking theoretically but many people tested many settings for many months practically. So it is the difference.

TimeGap. It is the time between the news and pending orders placing. Some people are using 5 minutes, i am using 2 minutes for most of the pairs.

5 minutes is more safe but 2 min is good to have more trades.

ProcessTime.

I have 7 charts (7 pairs) in one Metatrader. EA is openning 3 buy stop orders and 3 sell stop orders per chart. 6 pending orders totally per chart. Or 42 order may be opened as a maximum (just a maximum).

Do you know how many orders Metatrader can open simultaniously? One order only. So, it is like that: one orded is opened, then second order will be opened, then only 3rd order will be opened ...... Besides there are not very good connection between broker's server and Metatrader at GMT night for some broker. Besides Metatrader is deleting pending orders not all simultaniosly. Metatrader is deleting the orders in the same way: one by one.

If you check my statements so this EA is openning pending orders very quickly: within 5 or 10 seconds so it is not a problem now.

We had some problems with deleting pending orders but now EA is working fine concerning it.

All that I described you we tested practically on this thread.

And you are talking theoretically.

That is difference.

All we may select is the different settings for every type of news. Because if we select different setting for every impact (low impact= rating 1; high impact, medium impact) so it will not work. But in this case I came to the conclusion that we need different settings for every single upcoming news event. I am writing this calendar https://www.mql5.com/en/forum every day and every news, this EA is testing this calendar and sometimes I do not have time to analyse every settings for every news events. So, I am doing as much as one person can do it physically. I am using one settings for all the news (for 3 months already).

You said about section for this EA. Who will post messages in this section? I will post. And you. And how many people will post ideas, statements, settings and so on? I have 8,701 posts on this forum. Because every section should have originator of the section. The sections are here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems Who are originators of the sections? People who are managing the section, posting ideas, threads, and acting as team leaders (they have a team/group/followers otherwise why they need a section, right?). Section is creating not for good idea only. Section is creating for the group of members who will make this section to be good one. We have a lot of different ideas and many fully elaborated ideas but we have 9 sections only.

We have the section already for such kind of discussion about news. It is public section here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

That's my explanation.

forward testing

hi, newdigital

this is my report, not good result for today

giapel

forward test

sorry, attach report

Files:

newdigital:
Please find updated statement.

hi, newdigital

my statement on gbpusd is different from yuor, have you changed setting ?

i open orders on gbpusd at 14.00 (today) and close orders ( -100 -100 -100), and on your statement at 14.28 (todat) with no open ordes

can you help me to understand ?

regards

giapel

giapel:
hi, newdigital

my statement on gbpusd is different from yuor, have you changed setting ?

i open orders on gbpusd at 14.00 (today) and close orders ( -100 -100 -100), and on your statement at 14.28 (todat) with no open ordes

can you help me to understand ?

regards

giapel

My broker is on GMT+2. You broker is on GMT+3.

So it was "GBP Interest Rate" at 11 GMT time.

I had loss - $77.70 (buy). Just one loss. Why I got -77 and you got 100? Because all opened orders will be closed for the pair if some other high impact news event is coming.

You had sell on 1.9844 and 1.9859. But price did not come to this level. See the image. Of course I was lucky about 1.9859. But I am sure: the price did not hit 1.9844.

Maybe, you are using old version of EA?

because this 5.3 version was fixed 2 or 3 times already.

I uploaded NewsTrader_v5.3.zip file on the 1st post and I am posting it here as well.

Files:

Just open your chart to see where the price was in that time.

May be it was spikes which some brokers are doing sometimes. May be not.

as you can see, price around 14.00 goes down an d touch 2 sell order

i don't know about price-different

giapel

Files:
gbpusd.gif  53 kb

I got hit with GBP/USD as well... see how different brokers prices are... ND's little spike... and giapel's quite a big one... at my broker I don't see any spike... but this is only on demo [see my image posted earlier]...

Lesson... as ND said, we need to adjust EA settings according to the price action being given at the particular broker... I am learning how to do this...

and ND... that was a big smack over the head, you gave me in your reply... ... I did read this thread from the beginning... and know how, hard you are working... didn't find "ProcessTime" mentioned, so I asked... now I understand... -tks

Just last think, and please you don't reply...

- If in your 1st post, if you would open sub-headings for each currency pair... and we in the thread, continue testing, and come up and post best settings for our respective brokers... periodically, the results could be updated in your 1st post... that's all...

Reason: