MY TURTLES EA - need Testers - page 6

basza:
Hi Mikhail

By the way, my name is Basza LOL

I like the entry points for the orders but the exits is what's killing it.

I was just going through the bits and peices I have and came across the EA which only places stops and handles the trailing stop function. I will post it here so that you can look at code and see if you can use parts of it or get a few ideas from it.

Yes I hope today will see me gain that $200 back, but things can only get better from here.

Thanks for the work you are doing on this and lets hope we can me this a better EA than what is out there at the moment.

Basza

LOL sorry for the typo Basza

thank for the post I will disect that EA to see if I can use its code.

thanks for testing and contributing to this humble project.

regards,

Mikhail

mikhaildgreat:
Sorry to hear that Banza, Dont worry Im working on triling Profit which will track total profits and lock it in to specified precentage. A new version will be out soon.

We are not diverting to the trutle method we are just trying to improve it.

Good Luck on the market, hope its just a retrace, maybe tommorow market will have a happier surprise for you

Regards,

Mikhail

Hi Mikhail

By the way, my name is Basza LOL

I like the entry points for the orders but the exits is what's killing it.

I was just going through the bits and peices I have and came across the EA which only places stops and handles the trailing stop function. I will post it here so that you can look at code and see if you can use parts of it or get a few ideas from it.

Yes I hope today will see me gain that $200 back, but things can only get better from here.

Thanks for the work you are doing on this and lets hope we can make this a better EA than what is out there at the moment.

Basza

Files:

mikhaildgreat:
Sorry to hear that Banza, Dont worry Im working on triling Profit which will track total profits and lock it in to specified precentage. A new version will be out soon.

We are not diverting to the trutle method we are just trying to improve it.

Good Luck on the market, hope its just a retrace, maybe tommorow market will have a happier surprise for you

Regards,

Mikhail

I had the same problem as Banza. $200 in profit only to end up around $150 in loss. Excellent entry, but poor exit. I look forward to your revised EA with the trailing stop.

Also, I noticed that the majority of times that the price hits the buy or sell stop and then reverses, it will stop out. How about if the price pulls back by x number of pips, the EA reverses the positions and doubles up? Just a thought.

Ducati:
I had the same problem as Banza. $200 in profit only to end up around $150 in loss. Excellent entry, but poor exit. I look forward to your revised EA with the trailing stop. Also, I noticed that the majority of times that the price hits the buy or sell stop and then reverses, it will stop out. How about if the price pulls back by x number of pips, the EA reverses the positions and doubles up? Just a thought.

yes I believe that this new profit trailing will give the EA a much higher win rate!

as for doubling the position after a loss I thank that would be diverting too much from the turtle method. I don't want to turn this EA into another martingale EA...

Anyways thanks for the suggestions and for testing EA, will have the new version hopefully by Monday next week. I just cont find time lately to work on EA because of holidays.

So for Now HAPPY HOLIDAYS to All and a more Prosperous NEW YEAR!

Mikhail

mikhaildgreat:
yes I believe that this new profit trailing will give the EA a much higher win rate!

as for doubling the position after a loss I thank that would be diverting too much from the turtle method. I don't want to turn this EA into another martingale EA...

Anyways thanks for the suggestions and for testing EA, will have the new version hopefully by Monday next week. I just cont find time lately to work on EA because of holidays.

So for Now HAPPY HOLIDAYS to All and a more Prosperous NEW YEAR!

Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

I was talking about doubling in the same direction, but doubling up in the opposite direction. If the price hit the buy stop but then went down by say 15 pips, the EA would sell double the position of the buy. Or how about pyramiding in the opposite direction. It just appears to be that the majoity of the time the price just touches the buy or sell stop and reverses, it seems to reverse big. I am not a bg fan of the martingale systems. Lost too much real money with them.

Merry Xmas

Ducati:
Hi Mikhail, I was talking about doubling in the same direction, but doubling up in the opposite direction. If the price hit the buy stop but then went down by say 15 pips, the EA would sell double the position of the buy. Or how about pyramiding in the opposite direction. It just appears to be that the majoity of the time the price just touches the buy or sell stop and reverses, it seems to reverse big. I am not a bg fan of the martingale systems. Lost too much real money with them.

Hello Ducati, I was playing around with EA and tried this suggestion of yours but without doubling the lots. Anyways I was really sceptically but tried it anyway and to my surprise it actually works, Its able to enter the trend much earlier. and it makes money even during whipsaw, actually it makes more money during whipsaw.(this is all in back test) But I will still still have to develop this more because right now in back test it takes some trades that it shouldn't have. So watch out for this im going to make this into a separate EA lets call it "Donatello EA"

I will also release the new version of ninja turtle later, this as my Xmas gift to you all . This new version has the profit trailing I promised and it works like I charm. I will also post a comparative back test report one with this profit trailing compared to the original turtles method both in H1 timeframe.

So Marry Christmas and A happy new year to you all and your family!

Mikhail

Comparative Backtest Report

Hello,

Once again I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to those who are helping me develop and test this EA.

So now here is the comparative backtest report of the Original Turtles Method System 2 in H1 timeframe GBPUSD compared to revised turtles method with profit trailing. Both have starting capital of 10K and lots are fixed at 2 lots, Maximum Units 3, tested from Jan. 1, 2006 - Dec. 23, 2006.

OK let me first explain how this profit trailing works. What the EA does is after a number of total pips it starts trailing a given percent of the profits. So what it trails is a percentage of the total pips not a fixed amount in pips. I found that 30% for me gives the best results as the EA still gives the market some room to breath.

You will find below the Two Backtest Report, You would notice the The Original turtles method didn't even finish the year, because the account could not sustain the drawdowns. While the one with profit trailing turned the $10000 into $96354.05 in the period of one year.

Please find this full report attached with this post, and the new version with profit trailing could be found in the first post. the default values in the EA is the one that has been used in this Test, but feel free to play around with those values, the best settings is yet to be discovered!

Merry Christmas to All!

Mikhail

mikhaildgreat:
Hello Ducati, I was playing around with EA and tried this suggestion of yours but without doubling the lots. Anyways I was really sceptically but tried it anyway and to my surprise it actually works, Its able to enter the trend much earlier. and it makes money even during whipsaw, actually it makes more money during whipsaw.(this is all in back test) But I will still still have to develop this more because right now in back test it takes some trades that it shouldn't have. So watch out for this im going to make this into a separate EA lets call it "Donatello EA"

I will also release the new version of ninja turtle later, this as my Xmas gift to you all . This new version has the profit trailing I promised and it works like I charm. I will also post a comparative back test report one with this profit trailing compared to the original turtles method both in H1 timeframe.

So Marry Christmas and A happy new year to you all and your family!

Mikhail

This is why more people should listen to my ideas. LOL Every idea I have ever had always works in my head.

New Version

new version ready for download beta4.1 please refer to post#1

Reason: