Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 10

Backtesting Goblin Bipolar

I do not often publish my backtest results but now I think it might be worthwhile. Attached there is a Strategy Tester Report for a relative short period of time with nice results and 90% modelling quality.

So, many thanks Bluto, David and every other member who contributed to the development of Goblin Bipolar for the great work!

I have to remark though that I easily found settings with wich the account was blown up quickly - without manual handling of floats. So, finding the optimal settings and building in and using a proper money management solution is inevitably important.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

chrisstoff:
I do not often publish my backtest results but now I think it might be worthwhile. Attached there is a Strategy Tester Report for a relative short period of time with nice results and 90% modelling quality.

So, many thanks Bluto, David and every other member who contributed to the development of Goblin Bipolar for the great work!

I have to remark though that I easily found settings with wich the account was blown up quickly - without manual handling of floats. So, finding the optimal settings and building in and using a proper money management solution is inevitably important.

you put secure profit 19 but protection is false, so secure profit will not be activated rite? to me pip = 18 is quite big gap... can you try 15? take profit 25, no trail stop...i dont have offline data

chrisstoff:

for the first part of my test it handled trend change very well. And does most of the time. Its only once in a while it needs the left behind positions closed.

But not based on a s/l or any other conventional method. Just making sure equity is on the right side above the starting balance. Then that becomes the new starting balance.

I am going to play with the protection settings a bit and see what I can get

PipTits says...

This EA looks like titties... but should have something monitoring margin.

margin margin margin

EquityProtectionLevel=0.0

MaxLossPerOrder=0.0

LongAccountProtection=false

LongOrderstoProtect=0

is the first value supposed to be in %?

Maybe someone can explain how all the settings for protection work.

Thanks

abrs70:
you put secure profit 19 but protection is false, so secure profit will not be activated rite?

Yes, I know. I put that value in from pure automatizm... Thanks for the info though.

abrs70:
to me pip = 18 is quite big gap... can you try 15? take profit 25, no trail stop...i dont have offline data

Here you are, see the file attached. The system rocks with this settings and there is no significant drawdown. I tried this PipStep=15, TP=25 settings with MaxTrades=5 as well and the float was relevant around trade Nr. 110-115.

Equity Trailing Stop

Hi,

Instead of putting stops to position why not make a sort of Trailing Equity Protection ?

Just my 2 cents

Regards

xxDavidxSxx:
for the first part of my test it handled trend change very well. And does most of the time. Its only once in a while it needs the left behind positions closed.

But not based on a s/l or any other conventional method. Just making sure equity is on the right side above the starting balance. Then that becomes the new starting balance.

I am going to play with the protection settings a bit and see what I can get

David,

Thank you for your answer.

Well, according to my backtests the problem emerged on or around 10 November when the price went up suddenly and depending on the PipStep & Take Profit levels used the float increased dramatically and without manual intervention would have blown up the account. Though with proper settings there was no problem during the tested period at all, as it was shown in my earlier posts.

Nevertheless, I think playing with the account management would be worthwhile.

** Tweaks - 12/24/06 **

- Added new "TargetEquityToCloseAndReset" numeric setting per David's suggestion - this closes all open orders and starts the cycles over on the next signal(s).

- Added new "UseSMATrendFilter" as a safeguard to ensure buy/sell signals are taken when a 3-SMA filter is properly aligned.

- Exposed timeframes and bar-periods for RSX and 3-SMA TrendFilter

Updated EA is in zip on first page. Please test.

I'm clocking out for a few days to enjoy the holidays. Everyone have a safe & happy holiday, pray for peace, and most of all....be Bodaceous!!

Excellent work on this EA. I have an idea for a spinoff from this EA.

What about flipping the position on the pipstep instead of going against the trend? For example, if the EA opens a short at 1.2800 (Short .10 Lots), then the price goes up o 1.2810, we buy double the first position (Buy .20 Lots). If it goes back down to 1.2800, we short, but double the second position (Short .40 Lots). We take a fix profit at which time all positions are closed.

Lets say we make it $20 profit. The first positions has to move down by 22 pips with a 2 pip spread. The second position has to move 17 pips up, the third position has to move down by 15, and so fourth. The more positions open, the smaller the move has to be.

The nice thing about this strategy is that the margin is used up at a fib progression, and not the martingale progression because the positions hedge against each other. You make no big swings, but just a nice steady consistant profit.

Another idea is to pyramid in one direction with the same lots until a profit level is reached. Let's say we want $100. We buy at 1.2800, we buy again at 1.2810, 1.2820, and 1.2830. At 1.2840 we hit $100. However, lt's say it reverses at 1.2830. When the profit level of the first positions is 0 which would be at 1.2815, a sell of .20 lots is made and pyramids in the opposite direction.

Oh, I wanted to add that all these ideas work fantasticly in my head.

Reason: