Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 54

Heaven2002

heaven2002:
hi simba, if we cancel chand and only depend xpma' trend , take m5 signal and set solid SL 30 pips , we will get more chance and more pips. think about it.

Hi heaven2002,

Please don`t take my next words as something personal,they are the same questions/comments I ASK TO MYSELF when I want to modify something

1-How do you know it ?Have you tested extensively?

2-I am not against it "per se",I just would like you to prove your affirmation before adopting it.and you have the way to do it

3-One of the worst mistakes in trading is to take a system and change it just because the "improvements" seem to have worked better in the inmediate past..without extensive testing of the assumption for at least a couple of years..and that is a minimum

4-Please be so kind to go to the tests results i posted a few days ago,if you haven`t done so already,there are several posts with tests disproving false assumptions and pointing to faulty points of actual system(excessive dependence on trends,roughness of results) and potential points to find improvements in the system(changing the chand period..,take profit strategy necessary..etc)

If you want to test your assumptions just take the EA that was posted by Malcik,a few posts before my testing results post,modify it slightly(I don`t know how,but first idea that comes to mind is to put the chand period to monthly so,it practically won`t affect and add a sl of 30 pips,etc) and test it on 90% quality data..post your results,and we will comment

I won`t be able to update my testing until a week or so,since testing is something i don`t do during trading days...in my testing agenda i have found several potential modifications that improve the smoothness of the system,and I want to test them on other pairs before posting..so,test your assumptions as I test mine..it is the fastest way to improve ..and you will learn a lot.;)

Simba

400396:
HI SIMBA.

thanks, i'm at page 4 , i will read more today , do you have a set of rule in one post? if so please tell me the # of the post.

thanks again for trying teach us how u trade.

There is no specific post with the rules on it,and this was done on purpose,since,originally, the thread was developed in order for the people to "try" different assumptions(no stops,then tight stops,no tp,then 40 pips tp...)in order for them to understand,by playing with the system in a demo account,the reason why of the main points of the system..just repeating mechanically some rules is not going to work,you have to learn,by breaking the rules-on demo-and suffering the consequences,step by step...why you need to follow them ..just in the middle to end of the thread you will find the rules ..so,you will have to take a look at them by searching for them ,because i don`t remember the actual post number..

Hopefully,when we finish testing the alternatives ,we will put some set of rules in the first post..though i don`t think it will be very soon

Simba

Hi Simba and everyone,

I'm back from my ski vacation in Austria and am now ready again to continue working.

Simba, thanks for the interesting backtests and other thoughts that you posted. It looks pretty interesting and clear-cut. I'd like to do the same backtests on my computer, however (like I posted before) I have the problem with getting my MT4 remember certain TFs.

For that reason, I hereby kindly ask everybody who has 90% quality data 2,5 (or more) years back AND has like 30 minutes to spare for the sake of this great system and for his own education, if he/she could redo Simba's five (or how many?) simple backtests with my EA and his settings. It really should take 30 minutes maximum. If you can't spare 30 minutes on one of the most important steps in adapting to a system, you should consider why you trade at all, IMHO.

Or, if you know solution to my problem (I described it in post #504), please tell me, I'll be the first one to redo Simba's backtests

Either way, it would be good to organize our to-do's. IMHO, first step would be to have somebody (at least 1 person) to redo Simba's tests on M5 TF to confirm his conclusions about SATL being the best trend indicator among SATL, HULL MA, and JMA.

Second, I would suggest trying to use different Chandeliers (different settings and different TFs (M30, D1) as Simba has proposed). I don't know though where to start -- I think Simba is the one who is most familiar with this ever better indicator; so Simba, please make a decision

Third, I don't know exactly what testing Simba is doing right now, maybe it is something I have just mentioned, or Simba's modifications of SATL etc.

Sorry I can't be of any more help except testing on TFs other than M5 through H1 which basically means nothing except what I posted after my EA. At least I can do coding of the EA, so if anyone has some requests for his testing, tell me

Malcik

1-Yes ,I agree with you,the first important step is for somebody replicate/disprove my tests,you know as well as me that strategy tester can be a beast difficult to tame,though this time I have been able to replicate my own tests without exception,it is better if somebody else can confirm them before proceeding

2-I am actually not testing-I will test in the weekend-but there are things i didn`t post yet,from previous week end testing,basically I am testing the different tfs of Chand(from 15m to d1..30 m looks very promising..pending further tests) and my own dig filter simbasatl which is faster than satl,but slower than fatl,and gives much smoother returns(for cable,not so for usdchf )..really your Ea is easy to modify,I just substitute simbasatl for sat,or fatl,etc,same for Chandelier periods,in addition i want to use nonlagma,since we can create a satl like filter with phase tweaking,and a special jma "digitally filterized"that I found in a russian forum and looks promising..

3-Yourproblem:Download another mt4,just for testing,save it in program files/mt4B..directory,use it only for testing,without connection..copy all your experts folder to the new terminal,download the Alpari data ,and follow the proceedings for 1m,when you are done,open offline gbpusdm,then go to navigator/scripts/period converter.open,change period to 5..ok,then ok again,wait 2 or 3 minutes..double click again to period converte,say yes to what they ask you ,change period to 15,same process..to 30..etc,etc..it works perfectly,as long as you don`t connect..then new data erases the old

Hope it helps

Simba

Hi Guys,

How I Can Set Alarm In William's Percent Range?

Group of study

Malcik:
Hi Simba and everyone,

I'm back from my ski vacation in Austria and am now ready again to continue working.

Simba, thanks for the interesting backtests and other thoughts that you posted. It looks pretty interesting and clear-cut. I'd like to do the same backtests on my computer, however (like I posted before) I have the problem with getting my MT4 remember certain TFs.

For that reason, I hereby kindly ask everybody who has 90% quality data 2,5 (or more) years back AND has like 30 minutes to spare for the sake of this great system and for his own education, if he/she could redo Simba's five (or how many?) simple backtests with my EA and his settings. It really should take 30 minutes maximum. If you can't spare 30 minutes on one of the most important steps in adapting to a system, you should consider why you trade at all, IMHO.

Or, if you know solution to my problem (I described it in post #504), please tell me, I'll be the first one to redo Simba's backtests

Either way, it would be good to organize our to-do's. IMHO, first step would be to have somebody (at least 1 person) to redo Simba's tests on M5 TF to confirm his conclusions about SATL being the best trend indicator among SATL, HULL MA, and JMA.

Second, I would suggest trying to use different Chandeliers (different settings and different TFs (M30, D1) as Simba has proposed). I don't know though where to start -- I think Simba is the one who is most familiar with this ever better indicator; so Simba, please make a decision

Third, I don't know exactly what testing Simba is doing right now, maybe it is something I have just mentioned, or Simba's modifications of SATL etc.

Sorry I can't be of any more help except testing on TFs other than M5 through H1 which basically means nothing except what I posted after my EA. At least I can do coding of the EA, so if anyone has some requests for his testing, tell me

Hi Simba and Malcik,

I will try obtain 90% quality data and participate of the tests.

I ask for patience, therefore I have little time during the day.

Thanks...

Angelo

90% quality data

Hi everybody,

I obtained a tutorial that teaches to get 90% quality data (MT4).

The creator was Hendrick (from thread Phoenix 2007).

I hope it helped.

Thanks...

Angelo

pilofe:
Hi everybody,

I obtained a tutorial that teaches to get 90% quality data (MT4).

The creator was Hendrick (from thread Phoenix 2007).

I hope it helped.

Thanks...

Angelo

Hi pilofe,

Great to hear that you are willing to contribute, we are all looking forward to your results.

As far as the tutorial, again, thanks. I know how to import the data - like I wrote, I have it working for M1, H4, D1, W1, and MN timeframes. For some strange reason, the Period Converter just starts messing up for TFs M5 through H1. It only converts certain amount of bars that go back only like a couple of months, not 2.5 years.

It used to work at my computer, now it doesn't, I don't know the reason. I have separate Alpari MT4, so when it connects and downloads new data, they come from the same source as the imported ones.

I admit though that I've heard some rumors about hidden bugs that can't be gotten rid of, that just need to be accustomed to... like reinstalling the whole MT4 when something is not working... I'll try to do this (and never let MT4 connect) and if it still doesn't work, I give up

Thanks again

SIMBA:
1-Yes ,I agree with you,the first important step is for somebody replicate/disprove my tests,you know as well as me that strategy tester can be a beast difficult to tame,though this time I have been able to replicate my own tests without exception,it is better if somebody else can confirm them before proceeding

Yes I know, we now have pilofe, and maybe me -- if I succeed importing the stupid data

2-I am actually not testing-I will test in the weekend-but there are things i didn`t post yet,from previous week end testing,basically I am testing the different tfs of Chand(from 15m to d1..30 m looks very promising..pending further tests) and my own dig filter simbasatl which is faster than satl,but slower than fatl,and gives much smoother returns(for cable,not so for usdchf )..really your Ea is easy to modify,I just substitute simbasatl for sat,or fatl,etc,same for Chandelier periods,in addition i want to use nonlagma,since we can create a satl like filter with phase tweaking,and a special jma "digitally filterized"that I found in a russian forum and looks promising..

Well you are playing a higher league than me I've seen pictures of SimbaSATL and other SimbaStuff around here but I don't think we've elaborated on these in some larger extent. When you have some conclusions after the weekend, please post so that we can narrow down our view and concentrate our testing and thinking to this narrower view.

3-Yourproblem:Download another mt4,just for testing,save it in program files/mt4B..directory,use it only for testing,without connection..copy all your experts folder to the new terminal,download the Alpari data ,and follow the proceedings for 1m,when you are done,open offline gbpusdm,then go to navigator/scripts/period converter.open,change period to 5..ok,then ok again,wait 2 or 3 minutes..double click again to period converte,say yes to what they ask you ,change period to 15,same process..to 30..etc,etc..it works perfectly,as long as you don`t connect..then new data erases the old

Just mentioned in my previous post... I'll keep trying

Hope it helps

Simba

Hi Simba, great to hear from you again Please see my answers in your quote above.

90% quality data

Malcik:
Hi pilofe,

Great to hear that you are willing to contribute, we are all looking forward to your results.

As far as the tutorial, again, thanks. I know how to import the data - like I wrote, I have it working for M1, H4, D1, W1, and MN timeframes. For some strange reason, the Period Converter just starts messing up for TFs M5 through H1. It only converts certain amount of bars that go back only like a couple of months, not 2.5 years.

It used to work at my computer, now it doesn't, I don't know the reason. I have separate Alpari MT4, so when it connects and downloads new data, they come from the same source as the imported ones.

I admit though that I've heard some rumors about hidden bugs that can't be gotten rid of, that just need to be accustomed to... like reinstalling the whole MT4 when something is not working... I'll try to do this (and never let MT4 connect) and if it still doesn't work, I give up

Thanks again

Hi Malcik,

I think that I can help. This occurred with me.

When I started to convert my data, I perceived that the main thing is the time in the conversion. If you not to wait at least 1 minute in the conversion of each TF, probably you will not have all the data converted correctly. This occurs mainly in the lesser TF, therefore they possess greater amount of data and they require greater time. The biggest TF, that are OK for you, does not need as much time.

I suggest that you excludes all the data and it recommences following these tips.

Sorry my English...

Hope it help.

Angelo

Reason: