Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 37

Hi everybody

I've just tried to program an expert advisor for M5 SimbaSystem, since I'm often unable to sit at the computer all day (the reason is that I have to go to school). IMHO it's possible to trade this as a mechanical trading system - the only discretional thing we would have to give up is the pivots which is too bad but IMHO it shouldn't make this system unprofitable. Other than that, there's the news -- but we know their release time in advance so we can turn the EA off for that particular day or we can program a function that would (when launching the EA) allow us to enter a time period during which the EA would keep from trading. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong in anything I've just said.

Anyway, my point is, the EA doesn't work. Since its completion, there were no entry signals, so I couldn't test it on demo. I've done it in Strategy Tester though. The W%R works fine -- the problem is that the EA completely disregards SATL and Chandelier. I wonder if anyone could kindly check the EA and tell me where I made errors.

Please note that (for now, until we correct the SATL issue) I removed Chandelier check from the EA. It's only supposed to check H4 xpMA_v2SATL and trade by W%R 90 accordingly. If SATL turns against our position, the order is closed. It always uses last complete bar. It uses fixed SL and TP (both at 50 pips for now). It's O.K. if there are reentries -- it's supposed to enter each time it gets into -95/-5 area no matter how many positions are opened.

Attached to this, I'm also sending an archive with modified indicators. What I changed is that it doesn't show the unnecessary values in Data Window, thereby saving some room and IMHO making the environment a bit more user-friendly. I also put there their clear names and changed the template the way I like it -- feel free to use it if you like it too. All of those indicators are necessery for running the EA. Last thing I'm sending (I've already done it, just want to make it all-inclusive) is the Dolly indicator to show the pivots for days in history as well.

I hope my stuff will help you. If not, that's OK too. I would just like you to cooperate on the EA because I don't think I'm the only one who needs it. Meanwhile, before anyone gets back to me, I'll continue back-testing this great system and it's variations (Simba ConMan etc.)

Thanks very much and take care

Files:

mangman:
Mike,

I made some changes to xpMA and MTF version to give alerts once.

Hope this works. You may have to wait for the market to open to check if it works.

You need both of these indicators for the MTF version to work.

If you want email alerts then you will have set it to "true" on the chart.

To send a message to the e-mail, go to Tools->Options->EMail tab and fill your email address.

The sending can be disabled in settings, or it can be omitted to specify the e-mail address.

Correction:

Please download the #MTF file again as the previous version had a minor error.

Thanks mangman!

I'll put this in the charts this evening after work. I took a quick look at the code in the #MTF and noticed the iCustom indicator is referencing xpMA_v2SATL, shouldn't it be looking for xpMA_v2SATL-alerts?

mangman:
Mike,

You are right.

Sorry about that. I have been quite busy and being doing this on the run.

Please check if the latest one uploaded works.

I will try to code an EA and test it on backtester to see if it works as it should and then post it later.

Mangman, thanks, looking forward to it. Meanwhile I'm going to continue playing around with these great indicators

Visualization problem

Hello guys and gals,

I have some visualization problems with the indicators...

i dont get to see any of them on the chart (using the template or manually adding them to the chart).

One thing i notice is that when i put any of those indicators on the chart the platform get slower.

Any clues will be appreciated

Dan

mangman:
Mike,

I made some changes to xpMA and MTF version to give alerts once.

Hope this works. You may have to wait for the market to open to check if it works.

You need both of these indicators for the MTF version to work.

If you want email alerts then you will have set it to "true" on the chart.

To send a message to the e-mail, go to Tools->Options->EMail tab and fill your email address.

The sending can be disabled in settings, or it can be omitted to specify the e-mail address.

Correction:

Please download the #MTF file again as the previous version had a minor error.

mangman - I've tested your indicators and it is now giving only alerts on screen, it won't send out email alerts. I've changed the code to set Email_Alert to true, but nothing comes through (my settings are correct as I get the Chandelier email alerts).

Not sure the problem - as I said, I changed the Email_Alert code in both the files and then attach the MTF version to the chart.

Any idea why this will give alarms, but not send out emails?

Like the wind indicator

Hi Simba,

I would like to ask you if you can post the indicator that you used on your first post ("Change like the wind, my friend H4). I know that this indicator is the same of #MTF_xpMa_v2SATL but I was trying to make a template without so many lines, and that can help.

Thanks in advance for your help and for sharing with us your trading perspective.

Best regards,

Pip

Hello Simba,

I have been testing the xpma 4hrSATL signal and I seem to be getting too many false signals especially when market is ranging. I would get a signal then to check it I would need to reload indicator. Then if signal stays I would know that it is a good one. If signal disappears, I would know it was a false signal.

Not sure if this is something I need to deal with or has it been fixed somewhere.

Regards,

Eric

Pippt

Pippt:
Hi Simba,

I would like to ask you if you can post the indicator that you used on your first post ("Change like the wind, my friend H4). I know that this indicator is the same of #MTF_xpMa_v2SATL but I was trying to make a template without so many lines, and that can help.

Thanks in advance for your help and for sharing with us your trading perspective.

Best regards,

Pip

Hi,

You already have the necessary info,the 4h SATL is the basis of my system so it is probably the only line that doesn`t clutter the screen.

Simba

ericbach

ericbach:
Hello Simba,

I have been testing the xpma 4hrSATL signal and I seem to be getting too many false signals especially when market is ranging. I would get a signal then to check it I would need to reload indicator. Then if signal stays I would know that it is a good one. If signal disappears, I would know it was a false signal.

Not sure if this is something I need to deal with or has it been fixed somewhere.

Regards,

Eric

Hi,

You don`t need to reload,in fact you shouldn`t at all,you have to wait for the close of the related 4H bar..and,yes,in short trading ranges-if you use only the 4h SATL-you will get false signals...You know,the purpose of 4H SATL is trend direction signalling,not giving entries..

That`s why you need a Multi indicator system..and,yes, as I have already written,in trading ranges this system will keep you safe,with small losses/profits..but will not make you a bundle..

The best option,for me,once you know the nuances of the system ,is to trade only when Chand and SATL are aligned,on the 1M tf,with multiple partial positions

Simba

Mangman

mangman:
Malcik,

Here is the EA.

Long entry:

WPR cross above -5......SHOULD BE BELOW -95..IN WHAT TF ?INTERESTING TFs ARE 1M,5M,15M..FOR TESTING AND LEARNING

Chandelier 1H and 4H SATL long signal

Short entry:

WPR cross below -95....SHOULD BE ABOVE -5..IN WHAT TF ?SAME AS ABOVE

Chandelier 1H and 4H SATL short signal

Exits:

Standard is reverse of Chandelier or the SATL signal

default; stoploss based on chandelier stop loss, trailing chandelier stop loss and profit target of 1 chandelier stop distance...INTERESTING AS INITIAL CONCEPT WILL BE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE profit target based on CHANDELIER MULTIPLIED BY A RATIO FROM 0.2 TO 5.0..FOR TESTING

optional exits; regular exits using user defined stop loss and target distance

Hi Mangman,

Please see my comments,in Capitals,above..

And,if you really want to develop an interesting EA,probably you could be interested in adding more flexibility ,multiple entries and exits,etc..

Simba

Reason: