Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 27

Raj

raj:
This week and next week could be a challenge to trade the markets because of the peak time of the holiday season.

Hi Raj,

You are right,and indeed it is a boring challenge..for the moment

Thanks for your comments

Simba

JSC77:
Attached is my chart... it seems different brokers/pricefeeds give different results?

Anyway, in my case I shouldn't have entered, but I entered immediately when I got the first sound alert without waiting - my mistake.

Idea for the williams sound alert indicator: only give alert when 5M bar closes.

There seems to be something else also. Compare the chart of JSC77 from post #255 with the chart of post #252 of Simba , then it seems, as if Simba's Williams%R is smoothed. It definitely is , when I compare it with my chart.

How this can be possible ,is unclear to me. We should have all the same indicators.

Help, How do I upload my chart ? Thanks, Simba, for your explanation.

Vivaldi

Looking again, I have to conclude there is NO smoothing. It was an optical illusion because of different numbers of bars used in the chart. Sorry !

Vivaldi

zathar:
Here's a MultiTimeFrame version of the ChandelierStops which you can attach directly to the 5min chart, so no need to keep 2 charts open. You'll still need the original indicator. It's hard coded to use 60min timeframe. Be careful if you use it and make sure you understand MTF concepts. Even if you have a bar penetrate and close below/above the line, it does not mean an automatic exit, and the line WILL NOT change side right away. It will only change if the HIGHER time frame bar (60 mins here, or every 12th bar on the 5min chart) closes above/below. It will then "repaint" the previous hour, moving the stop to the opposide side. Hope that made sense, off to sleep now

Once again great work on this indicator.

There is something I noticed viewing some past trades not taken. Looking at USDJPY 5min chart, when williams alert hits and bar hits a 4hr chandelier line, a very strong trade entry position can be taken. Would it be possible to make an alert when price bar hit 4hr chandelier line?

Attached is a chart showing this.

Thanks,

Eric

Files:
jpy5min.gif  31 kb

ericbach:
Once again great work on this indicator.

There is something I noticed viewing some past trades not taken. Looking at USDJPY 5min chart, when williams alert hits and bar hits a 4hr chandelier line, a very strong trade entry position can be taken. Would it be possible to make an alert when price bar hit 4hr chandelier line?

Attached is a chart showing this.

Thanks,

Eric

Where can I download this chandelier indicator for the 5 minute time frame ? Thanks.

Vivaldi

vivaldi:
Where can I download this chandelier indicator for the 5 minute time frame ? Thanks. Vivaldi

It's in post #193

vivaldi:
Where can I download this chandelier indicator for the 5 minute time frame ? Thanks. Vivaldi

Also look for post #234 where there is an MTF chandelier indicator, it shows 1H chandelier in 5M timeframe... You will also need the chandelier from #193 to make this work.

As far as I can see, there was no trade today.

(all times are GMT).

Note for the creators of the MTF chandelier stop : there is a discrepancy between the MTF Chandelier in the 5 minute frame and the 1H chandelier.

The MTF Chandelier : changed from long to short at 1700 hr

The 1H chandelier : changed from long to short already at 1500 hr.

The change at 1500 hr of the CS (Chandelier Stop) may be regarded as a warning signal and is perhaps to be considered an exit signal, when you have a position.

So, the 5 min time frame chandelier became later equal also to 1500 hr, when it switched from long to short.

This is a very strange effect. Is there perhaps a refresh button somewhere in MT4 to eliminate this kind of problems ?

Both of my chandelier stops changed direction at 1500 GMT like they should.

My charts were on all the time and I didnt refresh or changed timeframes etc

Merry Christmas to all!

SIMBA:
Hi TraderLarry,I forgot to explain about the screenshots..in your MT4 PLATFORM go to file/save as picture/and then you choose the option(.gif is better for posting..save as is,is right)save into your images folder.Then when you want to post,before submitting the reply,you just scroll down and click the "manage attachments" button",choose the imagine by examining your folders andthen upload.You can upload a max of 5 images.

Hope this is hopeful

Simba

Hello Simba,

wow, thanks for the help ! I hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Regards,

Larry

Hi,

I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.

And I surely hope we do not let this thread die!

Cant wait for the next drill, hehe

Reason: