Trade The News......

Are there any EAs that are used to trade the news? Something that puts a buy and sell limit close to the current price. When the NFP or something like that comes out either the sell or buy limit is hit and you close very soon after. I know there has to be something like this out there. Thanks guys.

herkfsu:
Are there any EAs that are used to trade the news? Something that puts a buy and sell limit close to the current price. When the NFP or something like that comes out either the sell or buy limit is hit and you close very soon after. I know there has to be something like this out there. Thanks guys.

Do a search there was one posted not too long ago

I did, but there are so many things that come up. Ill try to search in the EA section, that may help . thanks

herkfsu:
I did, but there are so many things that come up. Ill try to search in the EA section, that may help . thanks

There are 2 or 3 EAs and seems they need to be improved. I could not find the threads. Probable one thread in elite section and two in this public forum. All of them should be tested more and should be fixed the possible errors.

I have a couple of news trading EAs that I am willing to sell.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Maji:
I have a couple of news trading EAs that I am willing to sell. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Is this your pull back EA? Any performance record?

How do one pay for the EA?

No, that is not my pullback EA. However, I am thinking of selling my Pullback News trader for $1,000, including source code.

There are two EAs I am refering to here... one is the overpriced EA being sold on Ebay whose link I provided and the other one is a straddler.

As for performance, I can't make any guarantees nor can I provide any performance reports because I don't trade using the Ebay method. I just saw how expensive that EA was, and decided to offer a similar one for a lower price.

For the pullback EA, I used to post performance on the SBFX forum till I was skewered by Rick, who claims to be the founder of this method. For the record, I have evidence that he is not the founder of the method, nor does my system follow his rules exactly. It has been adapted to get rid of the subjective elements and have a trailing stop and minimum range for trade options.

I will take Paypal and Western Union. As usual, you will have to sign a non-disclosure statement and I hope you don't post the codes on forums. All you will do is reduce the edge of systems that you have purchased

More importantly, what are the best brokers (with MT4) for trading news. ie. with the least slippage?

One of the guys who bought the straddler and the pullback system from me trades it with IBFX on two accounts. On one account, he had a problem with IBFX not putting in the orders in two separate occassions. However, on one account he is doing great. He is in fact one of the top guys in the IBFX contest. As I don't have his okay, I can't publish his name. I will email him and ask him if it is okay.

Hope this helps.

Maji:
No, that is not my pullback EA. However, I am thinking of selling my Pullback News trader for $1,000, including source code.

There are two EAs I am refering to here... one is the overpriced EA being sold on Ebay whose link I provided and the other one is a straddler.

As for performance, I can't make any guarantees nor can I provide any performance reports because I don't trade using the Ebay method. I just saw how expensive that EA was, and decided to offer a similar one for a lower price.

For the pullback EA, I used to post performance on the SBFX forum till I was skewered by Rick, who claims to be the founder of this method. For the record, I have evidence that he is not the founder of the method, nor does my system follow his rules exactly. It has been adapted to get rid of the subjective elements and have a trailing stop and minimum range for trade options.

I will take Paypal and Western Union. As usual, you will have to sign a non-disclosure statement and I hope you don't post the codes on forums. All you will do is reduce the edge of systems that you have purchased

Maji

Thank you for your reply. Signing and abiding by non-disclosure statement is completely OK with me and as I suspect with many. However spending $1000.00 for an EA without a trial period or performance record is something else completely. Some of us are not even trading with that amount. So if you will offer your EAs at fair price or for a limited trial period then, I believe some of us will give it serious consideration without disclosuring its content. What do you say.

The problem of having a trial period is that I have to supply you with a ex4 file. I believe it can be decoded very easily. I don't have the time now to write a dll which is the best way to keep a code hidden.

The system more or less is disclosed, so you can really manually trade it adn don't need an EA. However, it is a pain in the neck to keep watching the screen and that is why I wrote the EA. Another advantage of the EA is that it takes your emotions out of the equation. The modifications are minor and may or may not have significant impact, but I have found that they suit my personality. In reality, I didn't want to sell my pullback news trader. I have posted the trades on the SBFX forum and a lot of people there knows about that, as I posted charts with the little arrows that MT4 draws. That system has an edge, because the broker can't possibly detect you are trading the news because you are entering after the news candle. However, if I have to sell, then I want a good price for it. That way, not too many people will buy it and the edge will still be there. Also, not many people will be willing to post on a forum a program that he/she bought for $1000.

You have to realize that I trade live with that system and don't depend on selling systems to make money. If I can sell, then it makes for some capital that I can use for trading. Kind of in a dilemma...

The other two programs are relatively cheap. Compare the one being sold on Ebay... my initial posting was to just undercut someone who was selling a ridiculously simple EA for a huge sum of money.

Reason: