Volatility Quality Index - page 34

Hi rizdwan74kl,

It already exists :

Volatility Quality EA - MQL4 Code Base

i tested already. the ea doesnt close the existing trade when the new signal buy/sell appear. what i need a just simple.

if current trade is sell..when the new signal buy came out..the ea will close automatically the sell position.

same like buy.. when the current trade is buy.. and the new signal sell came out. it will close automatically the buy postion whether profit or loss.

anyone can help?

Overlay

I there a way to overlay vq indicator over the price? Vq in the main chart window?

Any help would be greatfull. Jatki24300

question on higher time frame

Hi, I'm kinda new to the forex market. I've read through this whole thread twice and have loaded the VQ indicator on my platform. My question that I didn't pick up on from the thread is...can this indicator keep changing the signal back and forth until the actual bar/candle closes, unless you change the Real Time to false? So that you only take the signal when the bar/candle closes?

Also how do you actually trade the higher time frame on a lower time frame chart. Say the 1hr chart with the indicator in default mode(1hr) and then have a 4hr window on also. I'm hoping some of you that have used it for awhile, have fine tuned the method by now or maybe it hasn't worked out well since I see that this thread has died down. Any and all information on this would be greatly appreciated. I realize that this is only another tool in the arsenal for trading, but I would like to have the best grasp on it. Thanks!!

fttrader:
Hi, I'm kinda new to the forex market. I've read through this whole thread twice and have loaded the VQ indicator on my platform. My question that I didn't pick up on from the thread is...can this indicator keep changing the signal back and forth until the actual bar/candle closes, unless you change the Real Time to false? So that you only take the signal when the bar/candle closes?

Every indicator no matter the name but made with calculation on current price (tick) will do that. With the exception of that codes with BAR CLOSE.

That means the indi will wait for the new bar to do the calculation based on previous.

what is wrong with my vq indicator

it work very well on the fxpro mt4, but when i move it to the interbank mt4, it give me a totally different view.

could you please help me to figure it out. by the way, i use it with the same setting and the same timefram.

regards

Files:
vq1.jpg  20 kb
vq2.jpg  20 kb

Vq ea does not work

funyoo:
For the traders that are interested by this indicator, the only expert advisor based on it, and that works well is available here :

Volatility Quality EA - MQL4 Code Base

You can discuss about the EA and gives your best parameters here :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178678

Hello,

Can someone post an VQ EA that works or tell me what setting I need to set this EA to. It will not work in the tester. Thanks

Marlow

Why do you have to pay for this "elite" section?

This is the "Elite" section? Funny no response to my post. Im still on trial so I will make sure to cancel. Also, I have spent countless hours downloading and "Backtesting" all of the EA's that I could get my hands on and guess what? There is NONE that work or are efficient. Im in shock that there are traders who even play the EA game. Wake up they dont work!!! Im not trying to make a million dollars overnight either. I have been looking for an EA that would make a little profit. What a let down this has been. My advice for all the newbies- STAY FAR AWAY FROM EA'S THEY WILL SUCK ALL YOUR TIME AWAY TESTING THEM. I hate to be negative but this is the truth. If someone is kind enough to show me a real EA that disproves what Im saying that would be great. Until then GOODLUCK EVERYONE

It is the public thread. And there are no any VQ EA in elite section. I never tested any VQ EA.

May be I need to test one to find the settings ...

But you can find it as well with no problem.

marlow2007:
Hello,

Can someone post an VQ EA that works or tell me what setting I need to set this EA to. It will not work in the tester. Thanks

Marlow

Hello,

Here is another expert advisor based on this indicator :

Volatility Quality Expert Advisor - Trading System Forex

I hope that it will work for you.

Reason: