Live Testing reports - page 41

autumnleaves:
Here are two of the indicators Malone uses. Perhaps they can be incorporated into Phoenix to some good purpose.

Thanks Very Much!!!

Square One

Have pulled the plug on demo accounts testing Phoenix 5.7.2

Await instructions from Mother Ship.

My latest Live and Demo statements.

Demo account: MIG

P/L: -906.11

Live account: IBFX

P/L: 82.90

autumnleaves:
Have pulled the plug on demo accounts testing Phoenix 5.7.2 Await instructions from Mother Ship.

1.) open account with FXDD

2.) open chart for USDJPY

3.) attach phoenix 5.7.0 to it

4.) MODE 3, use default settings

5.) enjoy the gains

my account made 1200 pips since 01/15 with $JPY and default settings.

AZBOfin

Files:

AZBOfin:
1.) open account with FXDD

2.) open chart for USDJPY

3.) attach phoenix 5.7.0 to it

4.) MODE 3, use default settings

5.) enjoy the gains

my account made 1200 pips since 01/15 with $JPY and default settings.

AZBOfin

Well done AZBO ! But I don't know if Autumn will do it..

I have already PM that to Autumn last week I think...

But he is searching for "galactical settings"...

And the right things are under his nose..

With no offence..

Autumn : do you want to ear us?

If you are trading with money, I would only recommend PhoenixContest (only mode1 available) or Phoenix 5.7.0 because it is stable. Phoenix 5.7.2 is really an "optimizers build," so we can create better settings for Phoenix more easily.

I think some of the erratic trading is based on people having a "fast slower than slow" setting. I'm hoping 5.7.2 will allow us to create better settings for Phoenix. I'm sort of hoping I won't be the only one releasing settings files, it seems many people are keeping them after testing.

daraknor:
If you are trading with money, I would only recommend PhoenixContest (only mode1 available) or Phoenix 5.7.0 because it is stable. Phoenix 5.7.2 is really an "optimizers build," so we can create better settings for Phoenix more easily. I think some of the erratic trading is based on people having a "fast slower than slow" setting. I'm hoping 5.7.2 will allow us to create better settings for Phoenix. I'm sort of hoping I won't be the only one releasing settings files, it seems many people are keeping them after testing.

I am confused about the "fast slower than slow" settings. I am using 5.7.1 LIVE, mode 1 default with consecutive signals = 15 and max trade = 2. Should I change something in the code about the "fast slower than slow" ?

I have difficulty following you guys that are programmers. I would like to help optimising 5.7.2a but the default code is not letting me. Is there a version that would allow me to optimize only from the external settings ?

I hope I am not making a fool of myself. Thank you in advance for your help !

hi.

just curious...is there anybody testing 5.7.1?

i noticed that most of people here are testing 5.7.0.

tq

whizzo:
hi.

just curious...is there anybody testing 5.7.1?

i noticed that most of people here are testing 5.7.0.

tq

I am live with 5.7.1. And all backtest I done with the 2 versions gave identical results. For what I understand, one of the generous collaborator rearanged the inside coding of 5.7.0 to be easier to understand for guys like me. And, it's true !

My best setting in 5.7.1 backtest were mode 1, default, max trade = 2 and consecutive signals = 15. Money management to your discretions but be careful as one year testing showed draw down up to 4 consecutive trades. So at 5% it a DD of 20%... If MM = 10% => 40 % DD !!!!!

Forward testing

Thanks very much for your advice Azbo and Bert. I am indeed listening. But let me clarify.

I stated earlier that I was testing 5.7.2 in Mode 1, as I understood that the reason 5.7.2 was created was so that it could be tested. I tested Mode 1 because I want to make sure it is clean before moving on to Mode 2 or 3, which I thought had bugs in 5.7.0. I also tested all 6 pairs so that we could accumulate data on multiple trades with different currencies. The testing was done with both the default settings and (in some cases) a set of "optimized" settings. Neither of the two was able to generate consistent winnings over the 2 weeks of testing, so I decided that it was time to try another approach. Accordingly, I have been offering suggestions regarding indicators and methodologies that have been brought to my attention recently.

I would be happy to test 5.7.2 in Mode 3 as you propose. Assuming that there are no known bugs in that Mode. I thought the bugs still hadn't been worked out of Mode 3 in 5.7.0. Please clarify.

To Daraknor, is it possible to simplify your optimization instructions? I have spent so much time optimizing it has all become rather confusing.