[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 558

rigonich:

Declare external variable of type string and initialize it with string with instruction and your set of parameters. It will be visible in properties window .

: ))) What is an instruction string? If you can, show me with your finger. Or better yet, write an example. I'll do it by analogy.

Then - if it's string, will this data be treated as data or it will be like text?

Or if even text values are used in calculations, will they be perceived as numeric if they are made of numbers?

Chiripaha:

: ))) What is an instruction string? If you can, put your finger on it. Or better yet, write an example. I'll do it by analogy.

Then - if it's a string, will this data be treated as data or it will be like text?

Or if even text values are substituted in calculations, they will be perceived as numeric, if they will be from numbers?

You simply insert a string in front of your variable
extern string a="Переменная x может принимать значения: 5;10;и.т.д"
and this line will be displayed in the properties dialog that appears when attach expert, indicator or script (if its properties contain #property show_inputs ) to a chart.

TarasBY:

How about this?

Thank you, it all works!

rigonich:
Simply insert in front of your variable
and this line will be displayed in the properties dialog that appears when attach expert, indicator or script (if its properties contain #property show_inputs ) to a chart.

That is, if I understand you correctly, you are suggesting that you simply comment out so that the user selects the values that will be listed in this comment?

The line below indicates the variable itself where the necessary value will be set by a user. Is it so?

Chiripaha:

That is, if I understand you correctly, you are suggesting that the user should simply comment out the values that will be listed in this comment?

And the line below specifies the variable itself, in which the user will specify the desired value. Right?

Yes, I understood that's what you were asking about.

rigonich:

Yes, as far as I understood, that's what you were asking about.

Not really...

I wanted to make it so that there was some sort of menu. Just like when selecting a bool variable either false or true.
So that the user could only click on clearly defined values of the parameter. So that he/she would not "mistakenly" enter unnecessary ones, because in this case, the Expert Advisor will not work correctly.

The user is even myself. As it is possible to forget what parameters should be there for a particular variable.

I'm sorry, I can't find... can you tell me please.

HOW TO MOVE ALL ELEMENTS OF A ONE-DIMENSIONAL ARRAY BY 1 INDEX?

Is there an operation or does it need to be done in a loop?

peco:

I'm sorry, I can't find... can you tell me please.

HOW TO MOVE ALL ELEMENTS OF A ONE-DIMENSIONAL ARRAY BY 1 INDEX?

Is there an operation or does it need to be done in a loop?

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/array/ArrayCopy

Chiripaha:

Not really...

I wanted to make it so that there's something like a menu. Just like in bool variable either false or true.
So that the user can only click on clearly defined parameter values. So that he would not "mistakenly" enter unnecessary ones, because in this case, the Expert Advisor will not work correctly.

The user is even myself. As it is possible to forget what parameters should be there for a particular variable.

In this case, you should do so. External variable of the Bool type. If == false, the variables will be assigned some values, if true - others. If there are more than two parameters is more than two -- use a variable of int type instead of Boolean one and with 1 -- first set, 2 -- second set, etc.

This can be done either for each external variable or for all of them at once (first EA mode, second ...)

Reason: