"Phoenix - FAQ, Stable, User support -Read Post #1" - page 4

I noticed this AM that there is a repeated error message in the Experts tab and repeated attempts to OrderModify in Journal.

In the Experts Tab this is the message.

Phoenix 5.6.06.USDJPY,M15:OrderModify-Error # 1

Not sure what this means. In mgl error codes, Error 1 is "No error returned, but the result is unknown." Demo is on North Finance and I guess this could be a server problem.

Anybody else seeing this?

Wackena

Wackena:
I noticed this AM that there is a repeated error message in the Experts tab and repeated attempts to OrderModify in Journal.

In the Experts Tab this is the message.

Phoenix 5.6.06.USDJPY,M15:OrderModify-Error # 1

Not sure what this means. In mgl error codes, Error 1 is "No error returned, but the result is unknown." Demo is on North Finance and I guess this could be a server problem.

Anybody else seeing this?

Wackena

I contacted FDXX about above problem and this is their response.

-----Original Message-----

From: NorthFinance Support Team [SMTP:support@northfinance.com]

Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:32 AM

To: xxxxxx@bellsouth.net

Subject: experts tab

Dear sir

The expert tab contains information about the attached expert,

including opening/ closing of positions, modifying of orders, the experts

own message.

You can find only the latest message in the window.

We have checked the above error message to make sure that it is not an error common from the system and it was regarding an active expert adviser.

For further information about indicators, scripts, ea please refer to

www.mql4.com it is specially designed, to answer

all related enquires

Please do not hesitate to email us for any further assistance

Kind regards,

Gavin

North Finance Support Team

www.northfinance.com

I posted this question on the mql forum.

wackena 2006.11.30 15:53edit | delete

I'm getting repeated error message in my FDXX Demo Terminal window expert tab.

"Expert Name".USDJPY,M15:OrderModify-Error # 1

mql error code 1 is "No error returned, but the result is unknown."

Could someone advise what could cause this type error?

Thanks,

Wackena

Irtron was kind enough to give the following response.

80 Irtron 2006.11.30 17:31

That usually means that OrderModify() has nothing to do with the parameters it's called with.

I.e all the levels are the same the modified order has already.

Hint: check if the modification parameters are different from existing ones before the call.

I can't check modification parameters as Journal is full of OrderModify-eurjpy and Experts is full of OrderModify-usdjpy-error#1.

Could there be a problem in EA for OrderModify?

Does this code in EA try to OrderModify to same values as order.

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderTakeProfit(),0,GreenYellow);

Metatrader may not accept modify an order to its already existing values. There must be at least one value change to process OrderModify command.

Good mystery for me.

Wackena

Wackena:
I contacted FDXX about above problem and this is their response.

I posted this question on the mql forum.

Irtron was kind enough to give the following response.

I can't check modification parameters as Journal is full of OrderModify-eurjpy and Experts is full of OrderModify-usdjpy-error#1.

Could there be a problem in EA for OrderModify?

Does this code in EA try to OrderModify to same values as order.

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderTakeProfit(),0,GreenYellow);

Metatrader may not accept modify an order to its already existing values. There must be at least one value change to process OrderModify command.

Good mystery for me.

Wackena

Are you using trailing stops in mode 1, or breakeven in mode 3? If so, what could be happening is the trailing stop code triggers, calls a refresh rates, finds the price has returned to a less profitable level and sends an order modify with the same price data again. To troubleshoot this, please comment the "RefreshRates();" inside the TrailingStop() function code near the bottom and see if you still have the error. Is anyone else getting this?

MODE 3 both

On FXDD :

2006.11.30 18:16:30 Phoenix_EA_v5_6_06 USDJPY,M15: OrderModify - Error # 1

From 17h32 til now

On Interbak

2006.11.30 17:32:13 Phoenix_EA_v5_6_06 GBPJPY,M15: OrderModify - Error # 1

From 16h25 til now

daraknor:
Are you using trailing stops in mode 1, or breakeven in mode 3? If so, what could be happening is the trailing stop code triggers, calls a refresh rates, finds the price has returned to a less profitable level and sends an order modify with the same price data again. To troubleshoot this, please comment the "RefreshRates();" inside the TrailingStop() function code near the bottom and see if you still have the error. Is anyone else getting this?

Using Mode 3 and BreakEvenAfterPips=0. Error#1 message in Experts tab has stopped. After review of the code, I believe the problem is this OrderModify code.

if(FirstTrade==true && GlobalVariableGet("FlagMode3Trade2")==1)

{

RefreshRates(); //Added by Daraknor 5.6.6

for(int y=0;y<OrdersTotal();y++)

{

OrderSelect(y, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol()&& (OrderMagicNumber()==MAGICMA02 || OrderMagicNumber()==MAGICMA03))

{

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)

{

GlobalVariableSet("FlagMode3Trade2",2);

}

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)

{

GlobalVariableSet("FlagMode3Trade2",2);

}

}

}

}

You can get Error # 1 when OrderModify attempts to replace the values already set with the same values. One or more values must be changed, then modification attempt can be repeated. (Definition of Error #1 - http://docs.mql4.com/trading/errors )

The only order related variable in question to change in code above is OrderTakeProfit(). This value is same as in order and needs to be changed before modify routine can work. I believe the Error # 1 stopped because the signal is now false to modify order and so the error stopped, but will reappear when signal is true again.

Wackena.

i'm really new to this so it might sound stupid but... do you HAVE to modify TP? just don't... if that causes errors

Ducati:
I backtested on Alpari and on FXDD both with Alparis data and I get totally different results with the same settings. This is so frustrating.
Ducati:
Anyone know why I have majorly different results on backtesting from different brokers, but with the same data?

A very wild guess: I seem to recall seeing somewhere that Alpari handles Sunday bars differently than FXDD. You might want to visually compare the price plots in both platforms, and especially compare the Sunday bars.

While you're at it, you could also compare a sample of bars numerically; Are the OHLC prices always the same?

How about the spreads in both platforms. Are they the same on the pairs you're testing?

Final wild guess: Could it be related to how the platforms define time of day?

Are you getting completely different entries and exits? Relatively small differences in data can 'compound' in effect over a large amount of data. A sort of intuitive test of whether a system is overly curvefitted to a data series is whether it can survive on a different series. However, generally speaking, I think it would be tough for a system to overcome something like vastly different Sunday bars, or very different platform handling of time of day. (Obviously this will vary depending on the type of system, and I'm generalizing here.)

In any event, after lots of backtesting in Tradestation I've formed the ironclad opinion/rule of thumb that for me, the only meaningful backtests and optimizations are those that are done on the data that you'll be trading on. There are a lot of possible 'gotchas' that can appear if you're testing with data that's different from what you'll be trading on, and some of those 'gotchas' are not immediately obvious. In this game I think you need as many of the odds as possible working in your favor. IMHO, optimizing on your own broker's data is an important step in that direction. [Theres a paradox here: You want your system to perform on unseen, different, future data, but ya gotta try to tune the system on data thats as similar as possible to the unseen future data...]

With MT I'll assume that you'll also want to test and optimize using the platform that you'll be trading with.

I hope some part of this helps!

This new one on IBFX

2006.12.01 11:33:00 Phoenix_EA_v5_6_06 GBPUSD,M15: OrderModify - Error # 4051

And on FXDD

2006.12.01 11:33:33 Phoenix_EA_v5_6_06 GBPUSD,M15: OrderModify - Error # 4051

What is this 4051 error ?

Yesterday it was one

error on tab expert

i ' ve 3 type-error on my tab :

2006.12.01 16:08:27 Phoenix_EA_v5_6_06 GBPUSD,M15: OrderModify - Error # 4051

2006.12.01 16:08:27 Phoenix_EA_v5_6_06 GBPUSD,M15: invalid stoploss for OrderModify function

2006.12.01 16:08:27 Phoenix_EA_v5_6_06 USDJPY,M15: OrderModify - Error # 1

i' am testing mode 3, can i suppose that these errors limits EA's performance ?

do you think we must correts errors before attach EA on live-account?

thank you

giapel

giapel:

i' am testing mode 3, can i suppose that these errors limits EA's performance ?

do you think we must correts errors before attach EA on live-account?

Of course, you should not use beta version on live account. _06 is beta version. Well, at least I wouldn't...

Actually we are still on the development road for our first stable version as far as I know.

Mario

Reason: