[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1076

drknn:

This is not a problem. With every tick we request a new spread, and the problem is solved - we will always have a fresh spread on every tick. If you work in a brokerage company with floating spreads, then it would not hurt to ask for a mini-level on every tick.

Yes, i agree. thanks for the idea.

dzhini:

Thank you very much. It's working. Goes to my knowledge base )))) Please advise what to do with the function that defines the size of the previous candle?

extern int CandleVolume=60 - if the size of a previous candle is more than 60 pips

The same error

int CheckVolume()
{
   double  volume=MathAbs(NormalizeDouble(Low[1],Digits)-NormalizeDouble(High[1],Digits));
   if (volume <= CandleVolume*Point) return (1);
   if (volume > CandleVolume*Point) return (-1);
   return(0);

}

Vinin:

Same mistake.

Got the error. Is it possible to write the function in this case as follows without normalization:

int CheckVolume()

{
   double  volume=MathAbs(Low[1]-High[1]);
   return(0);
}  

More questions about NormalizeDouble:

1. if doing comparisons of data from the same array of bar characteristics, can NormalizeDouble not be used?

2. If we compare different bar characteristics (Low, High, Open, Close), can we use NormalizeDouble without it ?

3. And, as I understand it, using NormalizeDouble is absolutely necessary when performingoperations of division, multiplication, etc., when the number of decimal places may change?

I try not to use NormalizeDouble() unless necessary. If the difference between the values is more than a point, then it is not needed.

For close values, it is necessary to check the absolute difference between the values. Greater or less than half a point. Less is equal, more is not.

dzhini:

Got the error. Can the function in this case be written as follows without normalisation:

int CheckVolume()
{
   double volume=High[1]-Low[1];
   return(0);
}  

A better option. Any function requires time and resources. Not much time, of course, and not many resources. But if there are a lot of such things in a code, there will be slowness

Thank you very much
Vinin:

A better option. Any function requires time and resources. Not much time, of course, and not many resources. But if there are a lot of such things by a code, then there will be slowness

Good afternoon,

There are two questions, I can't find a solution, please help:

1. I have an EA which puts 6 pending orders. How should I set "a" value to "Ask" and make it work when placing orders instead of updating at every tick, or delete and modify orders as needed and keep it until the six orders will close again and the function sets them with the new value, and work with the new Ask value?

2. There is a modification of an order: "OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderStopLoss(),OrderTakeProfit());" how should we keep the same parameters, i.e. OrderStopLoss() or OrderOpenPrice(), which were set when placing an order; they should be replaced with zeros, or the same values which were used when placing a pending order?

P.S. I haven't found anything about it in the tutorials // Thanks a lot.

Help find an EA for the following testing criteria.

- Testing from 1/4/2005 to date.

- Average monthly profit should exceed 5% of initial deposit

- The maximum relative drawdown should not exceed 10%

- The currency pair should be any

The most important thing that it would show the normal data in the test )))) on the real or demo accounts do not interest me.

itum:

Help find an EA for the following testing criteria.

- Testing from 1/4/2005 - to date.

- Average monthly profit should exceed 5% of initial deposit

- The maximum relative drawdown should not exceed 10%

- The currency pair should be anything

The most important thing that it would show the normal data in the test )))) on the real or demo accounts do not interest me.

For sale? To get the last penny out of gullible suckers?

Good evening and have a good week. Please teach me if it is possible to merge and edit tpl. profiles in notepad or in some other way, so that one can insert, delete, move additional indicator windows in the main window, both from another profile and within an existing one???
Reason: