"Phoenix - FAQ, Stable, User support -Read Post #1" - page 19

pjo:
Thanks for yoyr reply, Pcontour.

Which documentation are you referring to ?

Pls advise file name.

To avoid news effect what shall I do ? Close all positions ?

pjo

Docs - go to the attachments

I don't have all the answers, but I think you must close your trades manually.

You can find answers in the forum for phoenix.

Go to Search at the top of the forum window - select advanced search. Choose Phoenix at bottom right and put in what you want top left.

How Can I protect ?

Pcontour:
1. After running several hours there is no trade entered. Is this because of the setting ?

If you look at your backtesting results you may see that sometimes there can be a lot of time between trades. When you do live testing this can be really obvious.

You have set U_PrefSettings to false which means you need to setup the settings file all on your own, you can't take advantage of optimized settings from the past that other's found worked well. While those may not be great settings in todays market, they work better if you don't know how to optimize the signals yourself.

Different FX Brokers sometimes give different trades. FXDD is the Broker that most Phoenix Traders are using. Starting your EA at a time that differs by just minutes can lead to a different trading pattern.

2. Is the function to detect if the market is trending or ranging implemented ?

If so how is it be activated ?

First part No.

Second part. It is a counter trending system, this is covered in the documentation, with a good explanation.

3. Is the function to avoid trending market implemented ?

It is a counter trending system, this is covered in the documentation.

4. Is the function to avoid specific time frame, f.e. news event, implemented ? If so how is it activated ?

Function to avoid certain timeframes is implement. In Signal 5 you can choose when you want to trade. Documentation gives the details.

Avoiding news is not coded. Although if you know when the news is coming out you can use Signal 5 to stop the EA from trading, at a certain time but I don't think it will get you out of any existing trades.

Thanks for your reply, Pcontour.

Which documentation are you referring to ?

Pls advise file name.

To avoid news effect what shall I do ? Close all positions ?

pjo

What is the latest stable version please?

Can I please be guided on what is the latest stable version of Phoenix is? And where to download the EA?

I have the v5_6_03 and it is active on the chart but not placed any trades over several hours on a 15 minute time frame.I do not know what is wrong.

Thanks in advance

The latest stable version if Phoenix

SamPat:
Can I please be guided on what is the latest stable version of Phoenix is? And where to download the EA?

I have the v5_6_03 and it is active on the chart but not placed any trades over several hours on a 15 minute time frame.I do not know what is wrong.

Thanks in advance

The last published version of Phoenix - "Phoenix 6 - Released" is here in the first post :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175560

But there are a couple of problems with this version.

The first is that a variable "F_ATR" is setted to value 0.6 and it is too high. Try to change it to 0.

Others problems are with functions "X1_ManageExit" and "X9_ModifySL". I wrote about it in a post :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175560

If it is profitable I am trying to explore

Pv5.6.03 Setting

Hi.. I dont know whether the discussion about this version (5.6.03) is still valid here since there are already v6 available now..

BTW here is my question..

Anyone knows/practice the BreakEvenAfterPips and Mode2 Setting for USD/JPY pair? So far, I've found BreakEvenAfterPips setting tested by Hendrick which is 32 but cant find any for Mode2 setting.

I've read the entire thread in FF, and to have the same here is nearly impossible (seriously a lot of thread here...). Also have Search the entire section using Search Tools but cant find any related post.

If someone kind enough to help me about this, I would be appreciated!

Joe

hello guys, I just hope that those threads are still alive I have a question:

I've just downloaded last version (Phoenix6 Simple Beta5) of your software and implemeted it in MT4. I've tried it on a backtest and it seems that it's working . But I'm not sure if it will work on a real account. why? I'm from Czech Republic (GMT+1) and my currency is czech crowns, not dolars.

Can you please explain what I need to change to make it run properly? or it will work without any modification please? Thank you!

i was reading the guide, but cant help but notice that the tutorial on the first page is for version 5.7 of the EA. i just downloaded version 6.0 stable and cannot find any guide for it. Is anyone using 6.0 and what settings do you guys have? or description of each setting would help too.

Phoenix6 Advanced

xunknownx:
i was reading the guide, but cant help but notice that the tutorial on the first page is for version 5.7 of the EA. i just downloaded version 6.0 stable and cannot find any guide for it. Is anyone using 6.0 and what settings do you guys have? or description of each setting would help too.

I agree. An up to date how-to or summary describing the usage, parameters and most effective optimization procedure would be very helpful. The latest Phoenix6 code seems to differ much from the previous 5.x versions. Is there any forum here describing the newest version that I didn't notice?

Anyway, the Phoenix EA is very good piece of work. Good luck in 2009.

Logic flaw in v4.2 (Contest)?

It's been ages since I've done any programming, and never in anything resembling C any more than Pascal.

However, I was reviewing the original source of Phoenix_v4_2_CONTEST.mq4 and I thought the Buy/Sell signals have a big flaw

//=====================SIGNAL2=======================

bool BuySignal2=false, SellSignal2=false;

double SMA1=iMA(NULL,0,SMAPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,5,1);

double SMA2=iMA(NULL,0,SMAPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,5,SMA2Bars);

if(UseSignal2)

{

if(SMA2-SMA1>0) {BuySignal2 = true;}

if(SMA2-SMA1<0) {SellSignal2 = true;}

}

else {SellSignal2=true;BuySignal2=true;}

The final line "else..." seems like it should best be omitted or at least reset the boolean values to "false". (e.g. if SMA2==SMA1) It would be very unlikely but there is the potential for all five signals for buy and sell to come up true.

Would the EA then attempt to execute both a BUY and a SELL order for the same currency pair?

Error ordersend 130

Working fine on demo account.

Always to send error ordersend(130) on real account.

I am used default settings and i am try all case but it not work. Please ! help.

Reason: