"Phoenix - FAQ, Stable, User support -Read Post #1" - page 12

Pcontour:

I have updated the optimization guide.

If you have questions about the guide or suggestions I think you should put them into this thread.

Pcontour, thank you for all your work. This will really help. Also thanks to Vince for initial work on the tutor.

I have one Q of course

I remember Daraknor mentioned some genetic mode or something like that (don't remebmer correct phrase) while optimizing, to cut down some time.

He is probably using newer version. I'm still using B197 with Alpari data (90% modeling quality) and I'm wondering, is this OK? Some later MT4 versions didn't let you use other historic data, but one you had to download and as I was told, that data was not OK, there were some missing parts...

So, which MT4 version (and which data) should we use?

Also, that genetic mode, it is important? (I don't have it in mine 197)

Thanks, Mario

alamanjani:

Also, that genetic mode, it is important? (I don't have it in mine 197)

Thanks, Mario

You are a good man. I don't know the answer to any of your questions . Here is a helpful hint.

Search MetaQuotes Support Articles.

https://www.metaquotes.net/search

I searched for Genetic and Generic; no hits.

Pcontour:

Search MetaQuotes Support Articles.

I searched for Genetic and Generic; no hits.

I found it here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175571/page5

But if you don't know about it, it is probably not to important.

Thanks, Mario

Pcontour:
I have updated the optimization guide.

Thanks for your hard work Pcontour! Looks very nice!

Vince

New Optimization & User Guide 5.7.2a.

I have updated the optimization guide. I have kept the philosophy the same but reformatted it and updated most of the pictures. I am not the authority on Optimization. If you have questions about the guide or suggestions I think you should put them into this thread.

I have also added the latest Phoenix Ultimate guide here. Lots of updates to Section 2. Section 1 and 3 have not changed, except perhaps a spelling mistake was removed. I've created a Money Management and a Signals sections. I may have some mistakes in there, so if someone will review and send me any changes I'll fix it next weekend.

Look up above, I'm a Junior Member. While I have some cool programming, and documentation skills, that make me look like I know a lot, I have a long way to go to catchup with more senior members. I suggest you address your questions to: Can somebody tell me ... If I can answer your questions I will.

New Optimization & User Guide 5.7.2a.

vincethebeast:
Thanks for your hard work Pcontour! Looks very nice! Vince

Eventually they should be put into the first post of the FAQ, but the author is gone. Look for them in the following post.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561/page8

1-29-07 Updated downloads with most current version. Posted by Pcontour in #119 of this thread.

Lets get started!

I think the following information would be useful in the first post:

Phoenix 4 & 5 settings and features, written by Hendrick:

Phoenix-2007_ultimate-guide_v2.pdf

Finding Optimization Settings for Expert Agents, with Phoenix as an example. Written by VinceTheBeast:

Phoenix-2007-How-To-Optimize-phoenix.pdf

Quick guide to Phoenix:

Phoenix is a counter trend EA that depends on specialized settings for each currency pair. It is recommended to use M15 timeframe unless your settings file says otherwise. Do not run Phoenix without settings for your currency. If you have consecutive losses for a currency pair, you probably need updated settings for that currency.

Current Status:

Phoenix does not have a completely stable version yet. 5.6.3 in Mode 1 is used by many people profitably, but mode 2 and mode 3 have issues introduced from patches. A new version is expected by Nov 18.

How you can help:

Please use Phoenix and post detailed results! Looking at the statements is necessary for the developers to make Phoenix more consistent. Please include information about which timeframe, broker, and settings were used (default in phoenix, or any changes, etc). Money Management settings are also of interest, but not actively under development.

Try out new versions as they are released and give us your feedback!

Review the code and offer suggestions, read our development forum and provide detailed feedback to developers on specific proposals.

Please use this thread for all of your general (non programming) questions about settings, files, guides, results, etc. Post #1-5 will be updated regularly so reading the entire thread is not necessary.

I put the guides in post #3 of this thread, thanks for the posting. I will read them tonight after I finish my programming assignment.

daraknor:

I put the guides in post #3 of this thread, thanks for the posting. I will read them tonight after I finish my programming assignment.

I would put it into 4th msg, but unfortunately I was gone again. Now it is probably silly to add it since it is already in msg3? Anyway, doesn't matter in which msg are files, as long as they are in the same (first) page IMHO.

Mario

Reason: