MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 14

omelette:
This has happened at least once before and is a result of Metaquotes using 'techniques' that hinder hackers - so you cannot really complain about them doing everything they can to protect their intellectual property! That said, I'd love to get a look at exactly what they are trying to prevent people from seeing - I'm sure those clever Russian hackers could easily remove whatever protection Metaquotes could devise..... btw, despite McAfee complaining initially, build 218 and itself are now the best of friends.

When you say they're now "best of friends," I assume you mean that McAfee has done something to achieve compatibility with MT4 build 218. But that doesn't help if McAfee isn't yet upgraded on a specific machine. Is this "best of friends" supposed to happen automatically with live updates?

jimven:
When you say they're now "best of friends," I assume you mean that McAfee has done something to achieve compatibility with MT4 build 218. But that doesn't help if McAfee isn't yet upgraded on a specific machine. Is this "best of friends" supposed to happen automatically with live updates?

Yes, no user-intervention required, the auto-update seemed to fix things.

omelette:
Yes, no user-intervention required, the auto-update seemed to fix things.

It would appear I got this wrong - several days after McAfee quaranteening build 218 and I re-installing it, McAfee again informs me that it has detected 'terminal.exe' as a virus and attempted its removal! Wake up McAfee...

omelette:
It would appear I got this wrong - several days after McAfee quaranteening build 218 and I re-installing it, McAfee again informs me that it has detected 'terminal.exe' as a virus and attempted its removal! Wake up McAfee...

I have similar situation, once McAfee quarantine build 218 i can't open MT4 anymore.

matfx:
I have similar situation, once McAfee quarantine build 218 i can't open MT4 anymore.

It's time to kick out McAfee and get a different Anti-Virus program. Kasperski doesn't do this, and I am using it, but it does take quite a few system resources.

I tried Kasperski on different PC's, different OS's, even different CPU's, over several years, so s/w versions were also different, and the result was always the same - either a blue screen or a program crash of somekind! A pity 'cos apart from being just as effective, the install size is a fraction of what the typical package is, and it has some really nice functionality - but I could never figure out what the problem was...

McAfee on the other hand is almost completely trouble-free - just install and forget about it!

EDIT: Norton on the otherhand is one of the worst AV packages I have ever come across - it is literally easier to remove a virus from a computer than get that crap off of your system, at least it was with Win'98. I resorted to re-installing '98 on a few occasions, just to be rid of it...

Avira, excellent, light and free: Free antivirus - Avira AntiVir

Linuxser:
Avira, excellent, light and free: Free antivirus - Avira AntiVir

Thanks, hadn't heard of this! I'll bookmark the site and try it out when my McAfee sub. expires...

omelette:
Thanks, hadn't heard of this! I'll bookmark the site and try it out when my McAfee sub. expires...

Take a look: AV-Comparatives

Is top rated.

Avira AntiVir

Been using it for 3 months. This is an excellent program. Caught 3 hits in the last month. There is 1 virus out there that is nasty. Heard about it last weekend. Very destructive, and takes special software to rid your computer of this virus. I'm using the free version. FYI.

Reason: