MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 4

jlpi:
still the live update is not working.

did somebody had this problem and solved it (I don't want to reinstall the whole version)

Thanks

I beleve people are still having problems updating with LiveUpdate. Now, the developers explain the situation like this: as huge amout of users is updating at the same time, the system automatically regulates the number of simulataneous downloads. Meaning that some users will be cut off when trying to upgrade. Under "the system" they mean not their server of course, but the brokers servers.

Now, there are 2 ways to upgrade, as far as I can see this:

1. Either go to your brokers site and download the new build off the site and then manually install it. That is IF they made the latest 200 Build available on their site.

2. Download the latest build off the MetaQuotes site and install it. In there case, there are 2 things to keep in mind:

a. If you are using a white-label version of the terminal (HOW TO CHECK: your broker changed its name [not MetaTrader, but Velosity Trader], changed some pictures in the installer, pictures in the ABOUT dialog, some default settings): I HAVE NO IDEA how this will install on such a version. However, THEORHETICALLY (see point b. below) it should not touch any setting files.

b. If you are using an "original" MetaTrader (downloaded from MetaQuotes) it should be fine. Developers assure no settings will be touched while updating.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

Daily Build from 21 Nov is here! I will announce the changes here shortly. Check tomorrow, if interested. Download link is in the first post, as usual.

For those eager for updates, like me, you are free to have a go. Works solid as a rock, as all other builds/versions. MetaQuotes > *

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

for info I found that on MT4 forum

"We found error of LiveUpdate systmen in build 198, which may deny of connections for some server configurations.

This error was fixed starting from build 199."

So it seems that we need to do the update manually

MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds

Latest terminal: MetaTrader v4.00 Build 200 (21 Nov 2006)

What's New in Build 200, from 14 Nov:

1. Removed Multilanguage Pack, the distributive size decreased to 3 MByte;

2. Added feature to manage bookmarks of charts bar;

3. Tester: Reduced limitations on the amount of passes in genetic optimization (minimum 200 passes);

4. Tester: Imrpoved fractal modeling of a bar. Now more smoothed patterns are used to model price movements;

5. Tester: Fixed free margin calculation, which was incorrect in some cases;

6. Tester: Fixed stopuot status calculation, in case of the absolute level, not a percent one;

7. Tester: Added the margin_stopout_mode parameter in the FXT file heading structure, the heading size not being changed. The version number became 403;

8. Tester: Corrected drawing of the Ask line at visual testing in the pause status;

9. Tester: Fixed execution of deinit function of expert advisor at stop of testing;

10. MQL4: Improved working with temporary variables of the ’string’ type;

11. MQL4: Added functions: AccountFreeMarginMode, AccountStopoutMode, AccountStopoutLevel, AccountFreeMarginCheck;

12. MQL4: Added functions: IsVisualMode, TerminalPath, WindowExpertName, WindowPriceMin, WindowPriceMax, GlobalVariablesTotal, GlobalVariableName;

13. MQL4: Changed operation logic of the GlobalVariablesDeleteAll function — it is now possible to specify the prefix for mass deletion of global variables;

14. MQL4: In the MarketInfo function, added identifiers: MODE_SWAPTYPE, MODE_PROFITCALCMODE, MODE_MARGINCALCMODE, MODE_MARGININIT, MODE_MARGINMAINTENANCE, MODE_MARGINHEDGED, MODE_MARGINREQUIRED;

15. MQL4: Due to functions restructuring, renamed the following functions: PriceOnDropped, TimeOnDropped, FirstVisibleBar, BarsPerWindow, ScreenShot, HistoryTotal, CompanyName, ClientTerminalName, ServerAddress, Lowest, Highest, CurTime, LocalTime;

16. MetaEditor: Due to functions renaming, added the «Outdated Functions» section into the Dictionary;

17. Added the ray property to the object named Fibo Expansion;

18. Fixed and improved scanning of servers when connection is broken;

19. Added downloading and import of data in the History Center;

20. Fixed saving of the objects’ default flag named background;

21. Fixed saving of charts multiline comments in configuration files;

22. Added a sound file notifying about that testing is over;

23. Improved displaying of empty databases in History Center — after the first call, data are pumped and displayed;

24. Strongly accelerated working with databases on huge arrays of historical data;

25. Strongly accelerated operation of deleting large amounts of historical data from History Center, fixed error of re-offsetting the history just deleted;

26. Fixed small errors in trade logs output.

+

What's new in the DAILY build from 17 Nov:

1. Correct closing of the terminal when doing a Visual Testing.

2. Tester: corrected calculating of swaps in tester for some instruments.

3. Tester:when hard-stopping of testing expert recieves a reson for deinitialisation "window closed"

4. Added some information into MetaEditor dictionary.

+

What's new in the DAILY build from 21 Nov:

1. Removed recalculating of indicators when changing the size of graph window 2. Fixed the speed issue when moving the tabs

Official Link: https://www.metaquotes.net/forum/2519/

Official download Link: http://www.metaquotes.ru/files/mt4setup.exe

I have not been able to update my mobile through the LIVE UPDATE!

I just installed 200, I also now cannot import hisotrical data.

Craig:
I just installed 200, I also now cannot import hisotrical data.

And what exactly does that mean? You mean you can't do it thru History Center?

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

Diam0nd:
And what exactly does that mean? You mean you can't do it thru History Center?

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

If you download from the History center, you get all M1 quotes from 1999 to end of september 2006. Then if you close the terminal and reopen it and open a chart on that pair, the broker' feed will fill the quotes from 1/10/2006 up to now. But there is a bug and for some brokers/pairs: all october is missed, so you have a big hole in your history.

Other thing : the historical datas downloaded from the History center are generics : they are not filtered by your broker, so they are totally useless to backtests some fast strategies.

Michel:
Other thing : the historical datas downloaded from the History center are generics : they are not filtered by your broker, so they are totally useless to backtests some fast strategies.

What does this mean?

One History Center for all brokers?

Same data package on all brokers?

How is that flipflop thing connected to that issue?

Reason: