History Centre updated - free history of minute quotations since 1999 - page 13

Dear MetaQuotes, could you please indicate which DCs use your quotes?

k005:
Dear MetaQuotes, could you please tell us which brokerage companies use your quotes?

This is the first time I have heard that MetaQuotes is a quotation provider. I wonder, how much do they charge?

We do not provide quotes to brokers.

MetaQuotes:

When trying to upload the history to MT from the SIG-demo server, a message appeared saying that the quotes will be provided from MQ - hence the question

Is it possible that there are no quotes for all currency pairs from '99? I uploaded data for New Zealand-Yen and it only uploaded data from 23.05.2007 and that's it

k005:
MetaQuotes:

When trying to download the history to MT from the SIG-demo server, a message appeared saying that the quotes will be provided from MQ - hence the question

If the terminal is downloaded from a broker's site and the broker allows downloading its own quotes from History Center, there will be no warning. But if the terminal is downloaded from the developers' site, the terminal will warn you just in case, because there will be an attempt to download quotes from the Metaquotes-demo server.

I apologise for bringing up an old topic and dumb(??) dummy questions, but...

1. Am I imagining correctly: what lies in History Center is sort of a "version of the story" from metaquotes. The application of this method will help us to understand the difference between the initial price and the final one. Is that correct?

2. Obviously, new data is "added" to the History Center from time to time, right? With what frequency? Realtime? Once an hour? Every 24 hours?

3. In any case, in order to work with History Center, I should probably open a special (again, not Alpari, not ....) demo account from metaquotes? It must be, where to connect from the terminal, what is the IP address of the server I need?

Thanks in advance for your answers and for understanding the fact that "everyone was green once". :)

1. Right, there are no benchmark quotes in forex.

2. Once a week, not more often.

3. you can open an account on any trading server, when trying to download history from the History Center you:

• you will either get a message that you are about to download the history from the Alpari server;
  • or you will not receive such a message and will download the history "through your broker's eyes".

Thank you very much, it's much clearer now. A small clarification on point 3. I interpret this answer as follows: History Center history can be retrieved from 2 types of servers:

1. Alpari server

2. NOT an Alpari server (any other broker).

Does it follow that "history through the eyes of metaquotes" lies precisely on the first one?

SamMan:

Thank you very much, it's much clearer now. A small clarification on point 3. I interpret this answer as follows: History Center history can be retrieved from 2 types of servers:

1. Alpari server

2. NOT an Alpari server (any other broker).

Does it mean that the "history in metaquotes eyes" lies on the first one?

If you downloaded the terminal from MetaQuotes, it will download the history from the MetaQuotes server. However, it will warn (if the account is not connected to MetaQuotes-Demo at the moment of downloading) that it will download the history different from that of the current broker.

Similarly, if the terminal is downloaded from the Alpari website. It will connect to the Alpari History Center, regardless of which server you are currently connected to. It will also alert you to this, if anything.

Reason: