New EA - "Predator" - page 12

Ea

bluto,

pop me an email when you get a chance.......tiago_h@hotmail.com

Jitterbug...I like that name!

bluto:
Thought stimulation is a good thing!

Here's my take on a few of your observations:

1. The behavior of the original 10Point3 EA was such that whenever you dropped it on a chart and activated trading, you'd instantly get an order placed depending on the status of the MACD histogram regardless of where you were in the swing. In Goblin, regardless of when you activate the EA, a trade doesn't get placed until the next buy or sell signal is fired based on the Jurik RSX and Velocity indicator. That's a big difference right there. At least now we've made a more intelligent entry point using indicators that are much more responsive than the std. MACD. Of all things, this was the single biggest advantage that gave a lot of folks better results than with 10Point3.

2. Considering the above, that's where the excitement ends. What you've observed about Predator & Goblin still having issues with getting into the trade at the right time is half correct. The initial entry will be correct but from there, it's a crapshoot for each successive swing because everybody has their own recipe for Maxtrades & PipSteps. The EA looses synch because a fixed Maxtrades value prohibits the EA from responding to a new swing when Maxtrades hasn't been exhausted. This is why you'll see that 5th or 6th buy order being placed when the trend has clearly swung to the downside and visa-versa.

3. I never liked the faux-Martingale progression methodology of the 10Point3engine but that was an another problem for another day, meriting a complete overhaul to do it right. It's more suited to countertrend EA's imo. If you're coming out of the starting block on a fresh signal, you should be wagering your larger chunk of capital on the prospects of a quick short move at best, scaling in or out and taking profits as the trend ensues and the signal holds. 10Point3 starts out with small probes and builds as the luck holds out. Kinda dumb.

4. So what's the fix for this quandry? An overhaul. An entirely new EA, but built on some parallel concepts.

- Jurik indicators for signals. I love these things and swear by them.

- Dynamic expandable/collapsable pipstep interval settings calculated in realtime based on near-term price volatility. These are what keep you out of trouble when towering blastoff bars appear and likewise allow you to scoop small profits during ranging periods. Forget about trying to avoid the news. News is what makes you money.

- Separate maxtrades counters for buy and sell orders that keep you from getting stuck waiting for a cycle to complete while the swings change. Intelligent order placement in conjunction with the signal direction.

- Intelligent predictive money management that factors in the entire lot progression cost, not just the original order.

- Automatic hedging of order cycles that get off track based on a pre-determined threshold to minimize losses at a static value and avoid continued drawdown until swing reversal. This is not the same thing as what kokas has with correlated pairs in his Hedge EA 6.0.

This is the essence of Goblin II which I've actually renamed as "JitterBug" to get away from the entire Goblin thing which has now become a bit of a polluted and convoluted mess over on the regular forum. Not to blow any smoke, but I started a live $8K pilot with JitterBug on 12/19 and it is on the verge of having tripled the starting capital.

Bluto,

Jitterbug sounds very promising. I wish you continued success. Any more thoughts on development of your website and collaboration on your EA's? I have an idea for incorporating linear regression channels into a bi-polar Goblin version but am not a programmer. Your expertise in programming and enjoyment of "thought stimulation" would help me to get my head around this idea. Any thoughts on this?

Trader1

bluto rocks

Hi, bluto,

It is unfair that somebody attacked you. I just want you know most of us are supporting you. Thank you for your hard effort and unselfish contribution. Your EAs are great and your heart is nice.

The real world and true life are rough and tough, so let's be cool and ignore that unhappy experiences, just enjoy you life and ... pips.

If you will open your own fourm or web site, please let us know. We love to follow you and support you.

Thank you again.

Hi, Bluto.

I am intrigued by some of the things you posted about your new EA, Jitterbug. I know it's a private affair, but I hope you won't mind if I ask you a few questions about those aspects that you've discussed on the forum already...

Bluto:
Dynamic expandable/collapsable pipstep interval settings calculated in realtime based on near-term price volatility. These are what keep you out of trouble when towering blastoff bars appear and likewise allow you to scoop small profits during ranging periods.

This is an interesting idea, and one that had occurred to me, though I've never tried to implement it. Would you be looking to increase the pipstep as volatility is increased, or the other way around? How do you measure volatility? Some measures consider only overall movement, so that a 100 pip move would be twice as volatile as a 50 pip move followed by a 50 pip retracement, though both situations represent the same amount of vertical price change.. What's your philosophy here?

Bluto:
Separate maxtrades counters for buy and sell orders that keep you from getting stuck waiting for a cycle to complete while the swings change. Intelligent order placement in conjunction with the signal direction.

This implies that your new EA would allow a buy progression to begin while a sell progression was still running, which is a novel idea to say the least. If the swing changes and you want to start a new progression in the opposite direction, what would be the benefit of maintaining the previous progression?

Bluto:
If you're coming out of the starting block on a fresh signal, you should be wagering your larger chunk of capital on the prospects of a quick short move at best, scaling in or out and taking profits as the trend ensues and the signal holds. 10Point3 starts out with small probes and builds as the luck holds out.

So you're saying that you would start with a large order, then scale down to smaller and smaller orders as the market continued to move against you? That sounds like a recipe for guaranteed losses to me, unless I'm misunderstanding you. The reason for increasing the lotsizes as the market moves against is to ensure overall profit as soon as a small retracement occurs, and the reason for starting with small orders is to leave margin headroom for several steps of the progression before topping out. I'm sure your suggestion is a good one from some perspective, but I'm just not getting it from your description. Perhaps you could give me a more detailed explanation of what you're talking about here..

I could ask more, but I'll stop here - I know you've got lots to do.. I appreciate any answers you care to provide!

bluto:
This is the essence of Goblin II which I've actually renamed as "JitterBug" to get away from the entire Goblin thing which has now become a bit of a polluted and convoluted mess over on the regular forum. Not to blow any smoke, but I started a live $8K pilot with JitterBug on 12/19 and it is on the verge of having tripled the starting capital.

Hey Bluto,

Is the private forum for the development and testing of Jitterbug (aka GoblinII) up and running? I have been out of town at remote customer site - no internet access. So I haven't been keeping up the Forex_tsd forum.

Looking forward to contributing and learning.

Gandolff

gandolff:
Hey Bluto,

Is the private forum for the development and testing of Jitterbug (aka GoblinII) up and running? I have been out of town at remote customer site - no internet access. So I haven't been keeping up the Forex_tsd forum.

Looking forward to contributing and learning.

Gandolff

Well, the same question is here. Bluto, if you set up your private forum please notify Forex-TSD community

hi guys...

hi guys im new in this thread, can anyone send me the best version for this EA and the other tools of this EA? and tell me how to set up this EA...thnx a lot guys...

Fx-ea

crazy_forex:
Bluto,

Thank you for the Predator and goblin EA. I would like to suggest a method which is been using in Commericial EA from http://www.fx-ea.com.

This EA is progression in martingale strategy, build in hedge function and acc protection. This EA work with profit target , which is you can set how many % you want to win from your capital. for example, your capital is USD1k then your profit multiplier is 1% then the EA will open the position on all pair you using and will close everything when it achieve 1% target. This cycle will continue to infinity.

it buy lot in 1, 2, 6, 18, 54, 162, 486 ( 3x and not 2x like predator or terminator)

also when it open buy starting with 1 lot, when this lot have few pip profit it will open sell ( hedge function) later when there is a breakout it will follow that side.

i have buy this ea and using it. here with i attached the backtest report for you to understand more this EA.

let me know if you need more info or something else regarding this ea.

regard

CF

P/S : you can find more about this ea from their webpage at www.fx-ea.com

hi CF i read your post about the commercial EA which is FX-EA,how's it, how about the performance since you bought it?,because im interested about that EA,can you tell me where i can get more information about this EA?...thnx

Hi Bluto, I really appreciate all of your works. I haven't been too active on this forum, but I did follow your work on Goblin (also the fight..;)). So, if you already open a new forum for the Jitterbug, please count me in.

Thanks.

Predator EA still working well or not?

hi guys...can u tell me about the predator EA still working well or not,because i read from the thread it seems no one talk about it anymore,please tell me is it good or not if i use it to live account?...and give me your opinion about Predator EA.thnx a lot guys...

Reason: