Ultra trend - page 9

Nothing is Impossible

It's been awhile since anything has been posted in this thread. I tried using the last ultra trend with alerts indicator, but it doesn't work for me. Can alerts be added to this ULTRA TREND indicator.

Files:
ultra_trend.mq4  26 kb

bjwine06:
It's been awhile since anything has been posted in this thread. I tried using the last ultra trend with alerts indicator, but it doesn't work for me. Can alerts be added to this ULTRA TREND indicator.

Since that is a decompiled code, try out this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175467/page5

Thanks mladen, (ultra trend basic and alerts Post #70) is the indicator I tried the other day and it didn't work for me. Not sure why, I just get a red line on the top and bottom.

bjwine06:
Thanks mladen, (ultra trend basic and alerts Post #70) is the indicator I tried the other day and it didn't work for me. Not sure why, I just get a red line on the top and bottom.

Bjwine06, am guessing it is a problem with the version of jma and the include files, maybe try this version with alerts. You will need the Jma in your indicators folder for it to work, but you don't need the include files.

The Ultra Trend is an interesting looking indicator. But its nature is a mystery to me and I don't like to use indies that I don't completely understand. I've done several searches on google and in forums, but I've never seen an explanation of it.

mladen, you seem to be the resident expert on forex-tsd, so could you possibly enlighten me as to what UltraTrend is based on or what it is measuring? And perhaps what the "Progression", "Len", and "Sensitivity" inputs are referring to. It would be a great help to me to know. Thanks.

eyespy

eyespy:
The Ultra Trend is an interesting looking indicator. But its nature is a mystery to me and I don't like to use indies that I don't completely understand. I've done several searches on google and in forums, but I've never seen an explanation of it.

mladen, you seem to be the resident expert on forex-tsd, so could you possibly enlighten me as to what UltraTrend is based on or what it is measuring? And perhaps what the "Progression", "Len", and "Sensitivity" inputs are referring to. It would be a great help to me to know. Thanks.

eyespy

UltraTrend is simply checking the slopes of series of different period JMA values - if the slope is up, it adds 1 to cumulative up value, if the slope is down, it adds 1 to cumulative down value

Lengthis the period of first JMA calculated. Each next JMA is added Progression to the last calculated period and all in all SensitivityJMA values are checked for slope

mladen:
UltraTrend is simply checking the slopes of series of different period JMA values - if the slope is up, it adds 1 to cumulative up value, if the slope is down, it adds 1 to cumulative down value Lengthis the period of first JMA calculated. Each next JMA is added Progression to the last calculated period and all in all SensitivityJMA values are checked for slope

Thanks, mladen.

mladen:
Re: ultra trend

UltraTrend is simply checking the slopes of series of different period JMA values - if the slope is up, it adds 1 to cumulative up value, if the slope is down, it adds 1 to cumulative down value

Lengthis the period of first JMA calculated. Each next JMA is added Progression to the last calculated period and all in all SensitivityJMA values are checked for slope

Hi,mladen.

I like the concept of ultra trend.

Is it possible to make a ultra trend-like indicator using DSS or MACD instead of JMA.

It seems difficult, but I hope there is a solution.

aitosin:

Hi,mladen.

I like the concept of ultra trend.

Is it possible to make a ultra trend-like indicator using DSS or MACD instead of JMA.

It seems difficult, but I hope there is a solution.

aitosin

MACD would not be a good candidate (what would be the progression of fast and slow macd parameters), but DSS seems like a good choice. Will check and post it when it is done

Reason: