HedgeEA - page 18

Please take in mind that the Bollinger filter is working only on default pairs... even so I'm not sure that it is correct how the function is setup. You can use it with other pairs but, turn Bollinger off.

Another thing that must be improved is the Exit point. $50 in the defaults was completly random. You can set this to $100 or more. That depends on the lotsize and number of lots you are trading. How? I do not know.

If someone elaborato on this that would be great.

One extra point. Money Management.

This is a vital point of the EA. If someone use it on an overleveraged account, this can be disastrous. I'm figuring out a way of bringing leverage to the equation. But as I told, I'm not an expert, so this is my idea:

Actually I'm using this formula:

lotMM = MathCeil(AccountFreeMargin() * Risk / 1000) / 100

Can I use this?

lotMM = MathCeil(AccountFreeMargin() * Risk / 1000) / AccountLeverage()

Many thanks for all your help...

Hi,kokas

Its really helpful if latest version is available on #1.

thanks

Done! -

indicator.

guys, where can i get the indicator that show the correlation between 2 pairs?

bwilhite:
Hey all, The thing that always gets to me about this is that we are ending up short GBP and long CHF, so why not just trade GBP/CHF? (and I certainly wouldn't go long CHF in that pair right now)

This is one of these Arguments that detains me from believing in Hedging Theories.

intrest!

hedging is a safer way to trade.

we look to get interest to our account each day.

we can get a loss trade in our account for 3 weeks - so what , we get paid every day with interest, eventually the price will get even or we can profit from a posotive trade.

this is not for evry body, most of you guys want to be rich in a month so you find it less atractive.

but if you master this method you can get 20% every month(low risk)

Dave188:
This is one of these Arguments that detains me from believing in Hedging Theories.

Originally Posted by bwilhite

Hey all, The thing that always gets to me about this is that we are ending up short GBP and long CHF, so why not just trade GBP/CHF? (and I certainly wouldn't go long CHF in that pair right now)

Hedging can be different because you can open and close the opposite trades at different times. Usually you will hedge when one trade is going the wrong way to protect your equity. for instance if GBPJPY is going in the good direction you will keep it as it is. In that case it's different than to trade GBPCHF.

But of course if you open and sell both positions at the same time there is no point of paying 2 spreads. (i already wrote it before in this thread but it seems that nobody read it )

kokas:
Done! -

Hi:

Thank you very much for your hard work, and helping others.

How can i have it done to only buy 1 lot of both, instead of 1 lot of the GBP/JPY and 2 lot of CHF/JPY.

Also can you please add a option to the EA so we can average in case the correlation set goes in the opesite direction, example we both 1 lot of GBP/JPY and on lot of CHF/JPY and thay are a total of 50 loss so we add 1 more lot of both, and so on, now we dont have to wait till it comes back up to the starting point only when the whole set reaches the predetermant pips target we close the whole set.

Best Regards

Yankey

Dave188:

No, hedging in general is a good thing!! I'm just pointing out that if we set it up a certain way, then we might as well just trade the other pair...

BW

jlpi:
Hedging can be different because you can open and close the opposite trades at different times. Usually you will hedge when one trade is going the wrong way to protect your equity. for instance if GBPJPY is going in the good direction you will keep it as it is. In that case it's different than to trade GBPCHF. But of course if you open and sell both positions at the same time there is no point of paying 2 spreads. (i already wrote it before in this thread but it seems that nobody read it )

If I understand what you are saying, then you are proposing something different from this EA. I've done this myself...I can't say successfully, but that's not to say it's a bad thing to do. I just didn't really time the hedging correctly, and in retrospect would've been better to just leave alone. Btw, I'm not saying this EA won't work.

It just seems to me that if we are going to use CHF/JPY to hedge yen exposure, which this EA does, then why not hedge it completely? But then we just end up with GBP/CHF. The way this EA works we're always going to be left exposed somewhere. I just can't get my brain around why I would choose to remain exposed GBP Long and CHF Short...basically this is what the Bollinger Band filter does, I think...make that choice for me.

Maybe the EA could be tweaked to open and close the different positions at different times in order to manage the exposure intelligently. Maybe that's an implication of what you are suggesting.

BW

Reason: