New to Forex: Where do I start? - page 4

Hi guys, forex trading is more profitable if you are reguler member. It is very helpful for new members..

nicesurf:
If you can not trade yet, ask robot to do it for you and make money. It's a simple way of getting money from forex.

so many type of robot, which 1 u prefer?

hi

Actually you can directly get your robot to start making money in fx...but you can not get the knowledge inside...if you want to learn fx from basic you need trade manually using your own system...just tweak it till you feel confidence...

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

don't buy any EA...

Run as far as you can when someone approach you with the EA they want to sell. All the EAs can be found in this forum. You just have to find one

that fits your trading style and make improvement to existent EA.....Never stop learning and never stop impoving, and NEVER stop backtesting...backtesting...We don't know what tomorrow bring, but at least we know the history. And all we can do is hope that history do repeat itself.

Here are the things I learn that do not work...I can only speak for me. This does not appy to everyone.

1. signal service

2. technical trading (indicator)

3. fundamental trading (buy/sell before and after news release)

things that work:

1. keep strategy as simple as possible (backtest...backtest....before go live)

2. focus on money management.

I think if you have 2 platforms installed

you can try to buy in one platform and sell in another platform

this way, each day / week, you can calculate, how much does your broker take from you

i.e. calculate the absolute difference, this will be the MONEY that broker take from you-- they called it pip spread, but I stongly have a FEELING that they take more than pip spread (esp if you TP ls around 20 pip) -- they could just delay but 1 sec, then they could give you a worse rate, that increase the pip spread and decrease your chance to get money from day trading

-- this way, you can also get insight, that you should go along with your feeling, or go against your feeling !!

before every trading section, tell yourself.

i must use proper money management!

do this you are halfway there...

if you do not know what is proper MM,

read my blog.

Lots of free Information at my site, it will save you plenty of time and heartache

hi

hi everyone,

my names Bobby a.k.a FOREX SMITH,

just wanna say hellp to everyone on the forum, looks good,

i am a beginner to the forex world and i am looking to learn more about FOREX trading b4 i open a trading account, can you guys direct me to the best and easiest and quickest ways to learn about FOREX trading ?

many thanks

MikeLim:
Hello guys, my name is Mike hope to be a regular here , does anyone have any suggestions on where to start on forex? I know babypips.com but does anyone know any good book that teach the basics?

And, a few questions to the reqular traders here if it's okay :P :

1) How profitable can forex be?

2) How much do you earn by trading forex? (I know it's confidential but to anyone who wants to answer it, thanks!)

Michael

IMO the most important thing you can do is get a demo account right away and become familiar with how the prices move. Pick one currency pair to zero in on. Just watch it every day for a week. You have to internalize it's rhythm. This is important even if you plan to use indicators to trade with.

Forex can be very profitable for those who take the time and the steps required to become a proficient trader. It's an obvious statement but look at what it's implying: Most people don't. Most people just want to find the magic bullet, the holy grail or some other such garbage. Is here a holy grail for anything else? Why would there be one for Forex? It takes hard work and long hours of screen time.

Also I suggest that you stay far away from any site or person that wants your money. Stay VERY far away from all forex bot vendors. I don't know of any that aren't scams. I don't mean EAs here (Expert Advisors) I'm talking about "Forex Robots". They are two different things.

Seriously, if you plan to do intraday trading (day trading or scalping) the best thing you can do is pick a currency pair that has decent volume and a good spread and watch it hour after hour, day after day with no indicators over it for weeks. No, really, I'm serious.

Hi

Hi

Some days ago I suscribe mayself to this group looking for information in forex.

As a begginer I was trying to learn about analisys techniques and thing s like that but, while I'm reading more I'm getting more confused.

Thanks for all suggestions that ou can make me for organize my head and show me how to make a trading plan for start to operate.

Thanks

Michelle R.

Reason: