New to Forex: Where do I start? - page 11

I would suggest looking into scalping strategies for news traders.

Chess4Life:
I would suggest looking into scalping strategies for news traders.

Hi Chess4Life

Don't you think it could be very risky for me to do scalping? I'm a "rookie" and I don't think that I can take any profits with my knowledge. And I work and I can't be a lot of time in front of my computer....

What do you advise me?

could use some advise

I am new to forex trading and really enjoy it. I would like to expand my knowledge so I can make better decisions with higher winning percentage, but I am overwhelmed by all the information and different strategies out there. How does one know which information will help them and which will hinder there learning. I thought the best place to get reliable answers would be in a forum with experienced traders. I would deeply appreciate any advice I could get from knowledgeable forex traders. The biggest would be were to go if you are just starting out to get reliable and accurate information to becoming a successful trader. Thanks to all of you that take the time to help me out.

sirius38:
I am new to forex trading and really enjoy it. I would like to expand my knowledge so I can make better decisions with higher winning percentage, but I am overwhelmed by all the information and different strategies out there. How does one know which information will help them and which will hinder there learning. I thought the best place to get reliable answers would be in a forum with experienced traders. I would deeply appreciate any advice I could get from knowledgeable forex traders. The biggest would be were to go if you are just starting out to get reliable and accurate information to becoming a successful trader. Thanks to all of you that take the time to help me out.

Hi sirius38,

Really, If you want to expand your knowledge about Forex you have so much books and web to read... however you will not find a theory that always works; I suggest you that make your own strategy.

First, ask yourself: - How much money would be willing to risk?

Second: - Do I have time to be in front of the computer daily?

If yes, you can try to invest manually. If no, you can invest through signals.

Is very important to know yourself.

Freeze levels

Hi,

Im new to live trading. I have been having a few trades with 'Modification denied. Order too close to market'.

I have been looking at my brokers specification, that there is freeze level of a certain number of pips. I was wondering whether lets say the specified freeze level is 2 pips for a 1 pip spread. Does that mean if the spread is dynamic and the spread is 15 pips that the freeze level is 30 pips?

If yes, that would explain when i have a 30 pip trail level i try to close my trade at +60pips i get a 'Modification denied. Order too close to market'. Is this normal?

Thanks

TDH52:
Does that mean if the spread is dynamic and the spread is 15 pips that the freeze level is 30 pips?

If yes, that would explain when i have a 30 pip trail level i try to close my trade at +60pips i get a 'Modification denied. Order too close to market'. Is this normal?

Thanks

it is better to ask broker's support.

meanwhile who is your broker?

sirius38:

Hi,

I am a member at Nial Fuller's website, he teaches price action trading. He has a member's - only forum that is really great, it's all just traders concentrated on price action trading, no indicators or messy systems or robots are discussed. There are some very experienced traders in there, including Nial, that provide very valuable feedback every day> I would recommend that to you. My 2 Cents.

Newbie Sites

Forex TSD and babypips.com were the most useful sites I used as a newbie.

I am also a member over at Nial Fuller's site, good stuff there for everyone, free too.

If you are new the best trading strategies, are the trend following on very long time frames with extremely low risk. It's the best way to learn and frankly the most time tested method. Goodluck!

Reason: