New to Forex: Where do I start? - page 9

joncpips:
i must agree with witsnpips... MT4 is probably the most convenient platform out there, but it's definitely not the best nor the safest. It does leaves you quite vulnerable to sl hunts and price manipulations, so you need to know how to protect yourself.

I guess, a time of MT5 is coming. You should faster to start learning this platform.

StevenLoco:
I guess, a time of MT5 is coming. You should faster to start learning this platform.

I agree. I'm thinking of moving to a broker with MT5, which do you recommend?

the question should have been,what are the risk in forex?

the money you can make from trading from depend largely on the money you have.forex should nit be seen as a get risk scheme.if you follow normal risk management,you are not suppose to make more than 2% of your account.i hope this ans your question

littlebopip:
I agree. I'm thinking of moving to a broker with MT5, which do you recommend?

MT4 will be supported for quite a while yet, don't worry about it.

fxvoilaaa:
MT4 will be supported for quite a while yet, don't worry about it.

sure MT4 will be supported, but modern platform is good chance to innovate trading process. so I think it is a better way to study MT5

I recommend reading a book Trading for a living Dr. Alexander Elder

Beginner - Help required

Hello everyone

I am a student working on a project, and this project requires me to work with the MetaTrader 4 platform and program / test some trading strategies. My professor has asked me to investigate various strategies such as candlestick-pattern recognition, Moving Averages etc. But, I find these concepts quite confusing, as I am just a beginner with this entire platform. Any suggestions as to where to start?

I need to submit a small report to my Prof indicating some strategies that I have tested. Could you suggest some strategies that would be worth looking at? Preferably ones that give short-term (1 minute - 5 minutes) gains in the FX market.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Beginner lost

Hello everyone,

I have been looking at forex for a week or so now and have had a practice account using it everyday but i am still completely lost on what everything means, i understand (i think) how it works.. Buy low sell high? but just do not understand eveything, please..how do i learn and start to understand it more?

thank you very much.

moosehead:
Hello everyone

I am a student working on a project, and this project requires me to work with the MetaTrader 4 platform and program / test some trading strategies. My professor has asked me to investigate various strategies such as candlestick-pattern recognition, Moving Averages etc. But, I find these concepts quite confusing, as I am just a beginner with this entire platform. Any suggestions as to where to start?

I need to submit a small report to my Prof indicating some strategies that I have tested. Could you suggest some strategies that would be worth looking at? Preferably ones that give short-term (1 minute - 5 minutes) gains in the FX market.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

For reliable testing, you need reliable data and the free data from metaquotes are far from reliable...

InTrance:
For reliable testing, you need reliable data and the free data from metaquotes are far from reliable...

Could you please suggest reliable data source?

Reason: