Cost Averaging System - page 2

yeoeleven:
the first detailed report, the additional pairs recommended have been added.

Yeo,

What time frame are you using?

yeoeleven:
Thanks Maji,

I have started forward testing Cost Averaging v2-Pyramid on the following pairs GBPJPY GBPCHF USDJPY EURUSD AUDUSD EURGBP on a $10000 demo account with SBFX using the M1 TF and all the settings as downloaded.

I will post detailed summaries as the EA progresses.

John

Exactly as my previous post M1. Except adding the additional pairs as suggested. Does the result not seem consistant?

John

John,

I think I did not notice the M1 in your previous post.

The entries are almost at random, so you can't compare them. The bottom line, is that account balance should increas slowly and steadily without too much of open losses.

I am thinking of adding some kind of stop loss (20% of equity or something like that) that will close a position for a given symbol that has too many open positions or has been open too long (maybe 1 week?).

This is just an exercise in risk tolerance while making small consisten gains. The question is how to control risk and right now there is no such control.

I would like some ideas that I will toy with and try to incorporate some, provided they are within my programming abilities.

Thanks for helping out.

Forward testing

Here is the 2nd detailed report.

If I can make any recommendations I will do so but for now can you give me any advice regarding either closing down the EA or letting it run over the weekend.

John

yeoeleven:
Here is the 2nd detailed report.

If I can make any recommendations I will do so but for now can you give me any advice regarding either closing down the EA or letting it run over the weekend.

John

John,

Thanks for the report.

You can turn the EA off over the weekend, but definitely get it on and running atleast a few minutes before the markets open on Sunday evening.

I think we have to let the EA do its job for atleast a month before we can make any conclusions regarding its effectiveness. A lot of news is coming out later this week, so we will see how it does during that.

Maji

I fired up the EA late this past Monday night with a $5K demo mini-account and a lot size of .1 I noticed Tuesday evening that there were a surprising number of wins during Tuesday with extremely low margin committed and a small negative floating balance so I bumped the lot size up to .5 As of this evening (Wed.) I'm up about $150 but the markets have been really flat and crappy so far this week. I might even bump the lot size up to 1.0 tomorrow. I'd like to see what this thing can do when the markets are snappy. I'll post a statement at the end of the week.

So far, I like this EA.

Cheers!

Forward Testing

Please find attached report result of forward testing since yesterday.

Using NF broker, testing on E/U , G/U and U/J on 1M time frame with default setting.

Cheers

CF

Files:

bluto:
I fired up the EA late this past Monday night with a $5K demo mini-account and a lot size of .1 I noticed Tuesday evening that there were a surprising number of wins during Tuesday with extremely low margin committed and a small negative floating balance so I bumped the lot size up to .5 As of this evening (Wed.) I'm up about $150 but the markets have been really flat and crappy so far this week. I might even bump the lot size up to 1.0 tomorrow. I'd like to see what this thing can do when the markets are snappy. I'll post a statement at the end of the week.

So far, I like this EA.

Cheers!

Bluto,

Remember the name of the game is survival. To survive, you need to control risk. This EA does not control risk too well, so you will have to be careful.

Anyway, let us see how the news effects this EA.

i'm going to be out of town for a few days. I'll leave this running in demo account while I'm gone.

forgive me for being simple minded but I notice that it took a position almost immediately when I attached it to the chart. Also I have yet to see in any of the results posted where it's lost it's first trade after being turned on...is that a valid observation? Heck if it will always win it's first trade I'll just turn it on and off.

good testing everyone.

I did a lot of back testing to find settings that do not blow account at some point.

Some of them give really good results in back test for aproximately two years with 90% accuracy.

For some pairs I could not find good settings: GBPUSD and GBPCHF

I am starting forward testing with this settings.

all pairs are in M15

Reason: