Market Hours Indicators - page 16

This indicator looks excellent, as it shows the cities right on the chart, which would allow the trader to which city was active at the time of a price move.

However, I experienced a problem when I downloaded the .mq4 file. When I click on the file, it downloads the .mq4 file directly to my computer instead of sending me to a page congtaining a download link. After I install the download in MT4, the indicator shows up in Navigator, but when I drag it onto the chart it does not attach, perhaps because it puts only the .mq4 file and not the .ex4 file into my Metatrader Indicators folder. Please see if you can fix this download problem, perhaps by routing the download through a regular download page. Or else explain what I am doing wrong.

grayghost:
This indicator looks excellent, as it shows the cities right on the chart, which would allow the trader to which city was active at the time of a price move. However, I experienced a problem when I downloaded the .mq4 file. When I click on the file, it downloads the .mq4 file directly to my computer instead of sending me to a page congtaining a download link. After I install the download in MT4, the indicator shows up in Navigator, but when I drag it onto the chart it does not attach, perhaps because it puts only the .mq4 file and not the .ex4 file into my Metatrader Indicators folder. Please see if you can fix this download problem, perhaps by routing the download through a regular download page. Or else explain what I am doing wrong.

Which indicator exactly (from which post)?

Time II (VBO).mq4 from post #150, Re: Markwet Hours Indicator, 10-07-2014 08:05 AM. I just want to get it working on my MT4.

grayghost:
Time II (VBO).mq4 from post #150, Re: Markwet Hours Indicator, 10-07-2014 08:05 AM. I just want to get it working on my MT4.

Try it now : time_ii_vbo_nmc.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Try it now : time_ii_vbo_nmc.mq4

Time II (VBO) nmc.mq4 works great! Thank you, Mladen.

A couple of caveats for users:

When I dragged the indicator onto the chart, the Inputs box appeared. I perused the contents. The Broker Standard Time was set at 1. I didn’t know what that meant but suspected it might refer to London time, which I believe is one hour offset (earlier?) than GMT. I left it as is and clicked Okay. But he indicator failed to appear on the chart. I looked at the .mq4 file and saw a notation: “This file came from another computer and may be blocked.” The n.ex4 file did not have the notice. I hit the Unblock button, closed the indicator, and dragged it onto the chart again.

Now it worked. But the times were kapakai (wrong), the colored lines for Tokyo and New York, for example, starting six hours too late. I changed the value of Broker Standard Time from 1 to 19. Now the indicator works correctly, showing Tokyo, New York, etc. opening at the time they do open here in Hawaii.

The good thing about Time II (VBO) nmc.mq4 is that you can look at the indicator whenever a price action happens and see what exchange(s) was open at the time, without having to consult some big confusing blunderbuss of an indicator. If you go back over past days at, say, the one-minute time frame, you get a good idea of average price action. It’s not perfect, as it could be even better if it showed a few more cities around the globe—Dubai, anyone?—but you can see perfect from here.

Bob Stimson, Twitter @grayghost100

Hi mladen

if you can make this indy to new fomart

JF_TradingTimes.mq4

JF_TradingTimes.mq4

I find this indy its code have many problem,it is very CPU intensive,if you can fix it.

thx a lot.

blueface:
Hi mladen

if you can make this indy to new fomart

JF_TradingTimes.mq4

JF_TradingTimes.mq4

I find this indy its code have many problem,it is very CPU intensive,if you can fix it.

thx a lot.

There is already a couple of correctly working market sessions (trading times) indicators at this thread. Why trying to fix something when there is already a correct one?

Market hours shade

markethoursshade_v01.mq4

Market session 1.5.5 indicator market_sessions.mq4

Files:

hello,

i would like to get one candle marked on mt4 say if i wanted the 1 oclock candle to be marked every day how can i do it?

Reason: