HedgeMultiCorrelation needs help - page 8

that is great ... I'm almost dead today i need to sleep but tomorow I will recode it

I'm impressed! lolol

it sure is great profits,i owe you a pint of beer or two!! imagine using full lots say eventually(when account has grown) using 2 gbpjpy 4 chfjpy take profit could be 1000, 4k a month(minus spread) if it only closes 4 times in the month

i cant sleep so will have a read metaquotes

night night

i noticed to that you were live testing the ea a while back, are you still live testing??

so you have been testing the ea for months then? would love to hear a brief history about all your experiences with it

hi, just a quick not to say that profits are now up to almost 400 usd today

class

can I ask what is your account size? are you using mm?

johnboy please can you put your settings?

hi ya yep sure i have just under 6200usd in account with fxdd,this broker pays the best swap, on 1 full lot gbpjpy it sometimes gets 38 usd a day!!!!or usually 22 a day,not sure why it pays this much i am 100/carry hedging .3 lots

and i have three version of the hedge ea running

the settings ares

hedge 1

gbpusd/ .1 long

usdchf/ .2 long

this ratio gives me double the swap of 1.1 ratio and is more dollar even so you can profit when etheir currency takes off more often, take profit on this is 40( spread is 9 pips) under 9 dollars

hedge 2(i have two of these hedges running, will probably just change it to one hedge with double the lot sizes,

gbpjpy .1 long

chfjpy .2 short

take profit set to 50 on these two hedges as buy (9 pip +14 pip)in is more may raize it to 60 as the hedge usually gets closed for + or - 50 as its alway changing during close, use pips is set to false on all hedges and use swap is set to true

i will share with yous my carry 100 hedge idea that i have been playing with and making steady profits,if i dont over leverage i can lose hehehe

i use 4 h bb bands a s and r to guess when the currency is going to head up, then i place .1 buy and dont use any stop loss!!, this collect 2.2 to 3.8 dollar a day interest,then i set a grid up to buy 2 or 3 more lots as it moves up,

but here the great thing about this, i set a sell stop for the .1 lot in my interest free account with another broker so if the currency drops the sellstop is hit and i am in a long term hedge mode just collecting interest

now i just sit back collecting interest. and when the sell side goes into profit and when i see that the gbpjpy is moving up again i sell the interest free lot for a profit an let the fxxd lot run again, with a new buystop placed incease it tanks again, i have over 130 in interest already on these three lots lol its not much but im getting myslef ready for full lots, when my account can handle them

the gbpjpy has been in a long term uptrend for years and is likely to stay that way!!! heres hoping

i think my minis hedges with your ea are not over leveraged???, i could withstand serious drawdown from them over 1000usd in each hedge, this is not likley the most i have ever seen with these ratios is 300-350

would like to hear your demo testing info on the ea? i noticed you have been tesing for a while

J

Correlation Settings HedgeEA_v4

Kokas,

How does the UseCorrelation, MinCorrelation, and MaxCorrelation user input variables work? How can I use these settings to tell EA only enter trade when the Correlation is 85% and higher for example?

Thanks in advance,

TimeFreedom

Hello J.

I think you are on the right track!

regarding the possible bugs on the EA, well for now I do not know if there are any bugs for real.

The fact is when trading with very small lot size, it will not do well the rounding and gives an error on the second pair (the pair that is multiplied bu ratio). I think this is the problem. Do not know for sure, as I said, I'm not an experienced coder.

Now regarding TimeFreedom question, It was not me who included correlation indicator on the EA, it was cturner. This indicator can be very usefull indead, but we have to know more about it. The main idea is (depending on the currency you are trading, please read the posts above) you can set an optimal point for the hedge entry. The exit point is your take profit value but the entry can be optimizes.

There are some ideas to include Bollinger bands together with correlation. I would like to add a trend indicator too associated with the (LONG/SHORT) assumed trend in the hedge. Why? to avoid drawdown.

Example: You enter the hedge GBPJPY/CHFJPY when currencies are moving together or when the currencies are not moving together?

if the currencies are spreading apart, and you enter, then when they come to the point that they move together, what will happen? There are many factors that we need to explore before this is a completed job.

Another improvement that I want to do is to include a more accurate MM. Please read this.

Regarding my demo tests, I've lost one hard disk last week with all information on demo accounts, so I've nothing to show you. I will begin the tests again on the next week with the new EA that I expect to have coded before that.

Thats all for now, and thanks for all your inputs and support.

Well, now I'm confused...

In real account it works perfectly... open two orders closes, reopens etc...

on demo account, it only open the first order and then gives error on the second one. "Invalid Price for OrderSend function"

I'm lost...

Reason: