HedgeMultiCorrelation needs help - page 9

thats strange, what broker are you trying the demo on??

my hedges are making a negitive swing, as the gbpchf is tanking, but i will be collecting the swap until it turns anyways

try a demo with fxdd it works fine, what brokerage are you with live k???

i see you live in portugal? i imagine that would be a very nice place to live??, great weather, nice beaches, relaxed atmosphhere lol not like the uk

i am always thinking(daydreaming) about moving to portugal, not the touriste places but maybe around the silver coast...get my self a nice house with a pool, sit by it and make 10-20 k a month on the forex who knows maybe some day with this wee ea lol

i have been looking for souce code that would solve the problem of the broker not accpeting the order during news times but cant find anything will keep looking.

I only get this over and over again, btu it's ok on real...

2006.10.20 01:53:55HedgeEA_v4 GBPJPY,H1: invalid price for OrderSend function

I think I'm doing a systematic error...

New Version of HedgeEA

Ok, I think now the first stage is completed. I've corrected the MM functions, and now it is placing orders correctly.

I'm testing it live with MM and without MM...

Now I want to add some features like automatic TP, well this is a hard one, I want to build a function to set takeprofit integrating, lotsize and account leverage.

removed usepips. It does not make sense because if you use swap you cannot add dollars to pips.

To do list:

1 - Integrate AutoTakeProfit

2 - Integrate another Entry signal (any sugestions? BB?)

3 - Built in correlator as a function

4 - Send email on new hedge entry (and profit report for the old one)

Live Test Statement with MM:

http://www.forexforums.org/eatests/test2/statement.htm

Live Test Statement without MM

http://www.forexforums.org/eatests/test1/statement.htm

Files:
hedgeea_v5.mq4  11 kb

i run v4 on IBFX miniacount

no problem

live account

GBPUSDm / EURUSDm

RATIO 1.5

LOT 1.0

i will run v5 on demo

usecorrelation=true

mincorr=0.9

maxcorr=1.0

This is a demo

only to look a EA whith usecorrelation=true

min corr=0.9

the ea make a lot of trade and run good

this example only to look the EA run have a profit=50 on miniaccount

gbpusd=20 and eurusd=30

so on a live account i think is better like this

5k miniaccount ibfx

usecorrelation=true

radtio=1.5

gbpusd and eurusd

profit=500

for the example of how the ea run good look the statements

Files:
20_octubre.htm  19 kb
kokas_v4.gif  55 kb

hi, how excatly does the correlation setting work, does it take into account the correlation of the past and then enter when the correlation is tight???

heres an idea, here is an indicator called the bb squeeze, which is just really bb bands indicator, a good entry for hedges on it would be on 4h chart gbpjpy when its in the red(bottom bb band) and rising up,this would be easier to add into the ea as its an indicator????

i have been using this in the past and been pretty reliable, and even if its wrong im hedged anyways!!!

i have tried to back test the ea but it dont seem to work right, have yous tried this with any luck??

im happy enough just letting the ea enter and take profits its self at the min, and plan to up the lots when i figure out what is the possible maximum draw down of the hedges, thanks i will try out the new ea,

Files:
bbsqueeze.mq4  5 kb

very nice results for minis i think i will try the correlation settings on some demos!!!

will keep yous posted

ok back to business now. i been doing other stuff but now i back to get this thing better!! kokas i try v5...it not open trades on second pair.....so i add bb filter to v4. seems ok so far in test mode. the way bb filter work is if price of pair lower than middle line in bb it set signal to true. took idea from gmt site. be careful if trading pairs other than default because bb filter may have to be changed in code not setting for other pairs. and remember i not a code expert!!

ps johnboy i sent u pm

Files:

testing live!

hi all .

I'm planning to test HedgeEA_v5 on a live 5k account this week.

i will like to know how i need to set it up? do i need to open 2 charts? GBPJPY and CHFJPY and to attach the EA to both of them , or i need open only one chart?

i read all this Thread and a bit confused how to set it up , if you can explain how to set it up i will appreciate it.

thanks .

kokas:
Ok, I think now the first stage is completed. I've corrected the MM functions, and now it is placing orders correctly.

I'm testing it live with MM and without MM...

Now I want to add some features like automatic TP, well this is a hard one, I want to build a function to set takeprofit integrating, lotsize and account leverage.

removed usepips. It does not make sense because if you use swap you cannot add dollars to pips.

To do list:

1 - Integrate AutoTakeProfit

2 - Integrate another Entry signal (any sugestions? BB?)

3 - Built in correlator as a function

4 - Send email on new hedge entry (and profit report for the old one)

Live Test Statement with MM:

http://www.forexforums.org/eatests/test2/statement.htm

Live Test Statement without MM

http://www.forexforums.org/eatests/test1/statement.htm
Reason: