HedgeMultiCorrelation needs help - page 5

johnboy, could you please explain the logic of your EA?

I was looking at the code and could not understand.

sure

its a very simple ea that as soon as you start up it opens two hedges of your choice,

then it sits back and collects the swap until its target profit is reached,

then it clsoes the hedge and reopens new one, i was running it for about 3 weeks or so on minis.but it took a loss and has bugs

gbpusd usdchf hedge and in those 3 weeks it made me over 300 usd!!3 k with full lots hehehe! my ratio was gbp .1 usdchf .20 this is a more even dollar ratio which meant my hedges can take profit when either curreny takes of in the right direction, and it give double the swap as the chf is swap +,

over that period my maximum draw down was around the 300 usd mark

i still do hedges without the ea as my one is faulty, but the idea is a great one, do you know of bill barnsley, he has an ea like this one but charges by the month

i use the 4h or day charts with bb bands for my entry which has been good, but even entering randomly works ok but can take longer for profits

cant wait to try out your ea,thanks for bringing me to this posti had almost given up on the hedge ea idea,

thanls KOKAS

firts trade

gbpjpy chfjpy

miniaccount 200:1 ibfx

ratio =1.8

Files:

Before we go further on this EA we need to make some changes.

It is not logic to have an option to "Use pips" and then if we use SWAP this is not converted to pips... so what are we doing adding dollars to pips?

We have two solutions:

1. Remove "UsePips"

2. Convert SWAP to pips with the code some posts above.

Second point, we need another entry indicator for the hedge, we are using correlator, but johnboy is talking about bolinger... what are the conditions for this? can you code it on a line so it can enter as signal2? What is the best timeframe for this BB strategy?

Many thanks

johnboy:
its a very simple ea that as soon as you start up it opens two hedges of your choice,

then it sits back and collects the swap until its target profit is reached,

then it clsoes the hedge and reopens new one, i was running it for about 3 weeks or so on minis.but it took a loss and has bugs

gbpusd usdchf hedge and in those 3 weeks it made me over 300 usd!!3 k with full lots hehehe! my ratio was gbp .1 usdchf .20 this is a more even dollar ratio which meant my hedges can take profit when either curreny takes of in the right direction, and it give double the swap as the chf is swap +,

over that period my maximum draw down was around the 300 usd mark

i still do hedges without the ea as my one is faulty, but the idea is a great one, do you know of bill barnsley, he has an ea like this one but charges by the month

i use the 4h or day charts with bb bands for my entry which has been good, but even entering randomly works ok but can take longer for profits

cant wait to try out your ea,thanks for bringing me to this posti had almost given up on the hedge ea idea,

Well, as you can see if you read from the begining we are not expert coders, so every small step for a coder is a big step for us eheheh ...

We are not getting much attention from the big coders at this time, I wish that some look at the ea and decide to help us... but ok, I think that if we get this on the free area there must be much more people interested, so why not?

i am an elite member so i could try an put the ea in the elite section?? do you think this would help, and maybe get newdigital to have look???

i know i think most people are obsessed with an ea that naked trades and make millions in a month or so, but this idea actually works

as for the bb bands entry i use it to make drawdown a mimimum on my fxdd acount for my other systems, really though the currency still could tank at the bottom of the bb band, i use four hour as it gives me more trading chances

but i have been trading blindly in my fibbo account and longest was about a week of waiting b4 profit came.

do you use other trading kokas??

well jonhboy we are in elite now...

lol really....DOOOOO i didnt know

cant wait till the forex opens so i can try out this ea!

any one testing

hi im testing this ea and it seems good to me, anyone live with it?kakoos?

it would be ok to run this in an account that has other positions open?? they wouldnt mess with it would they????

Well, I think is risky for real account... I would love that some coder check the code to see if this is ok ...

I know for sure this is not very acuurate with micro accounts because the rouding of lots. I think this is the problem why this EA sometimes does not open the second order.

If you see an up trend on GBPJPY you can try (default pairs), because if it does not place second order you recover.

I'm testing it like too with IBFX... if you decide to test please share the results

Reason: