Indicators that DON'T REPAINT the PAST...

I have just started trading forex and I have tested most of the "custom" indicators posted in this forum. All of them repaint the past.

Specialy the MTF.

If you gusy know of any indicators that DON't repaint the past would you mind posting them here. This way any new comer does not get through the hell I've been through.

Another "problem" I found with the Interbank FX is that when there is nothing going on / price is not moving - the charts will not display any candles until the price move again. Instead of painting at least a line for whatever amount of time there is nothing going on, it does not do anything.

I find this somehow horibile since it distorts indicators and what the market is actualy doing .

Interbank FX charts don't display candles per minute 5,15,30..and so on , but actualy a bunch of "ticks" that match the time frame.

If the charts themselves repaint the past , what else can you say about the indicators.

Any coments?

Other findings:

- the smaller time frame will move the large time frame and not viceversa

-when there is nothing going on - no anouncements the price will move from fib to fib

-whenever there are anouncements and the price is moving, it will move from pivot to pivot.

-there is no way you can trade a single time frame or trust an indicator in a signle time frame.

-non important anouncement will not move the market because there are already calculated in the price ( forexfactory - anouncements calendar groups/colors the anouncements by importance )

-the only way to trade is whenever is momentum. Every indicator sudenly works whenever there is movement.

-put three moving averages on a 15min chart . Whenever the suddenly all three changed direction at once...you got yourself a trade.

And that's it for the moment. I hope I am not halucinating about the above. Prove me wrong somebody.

Test your indicators with the 1 minute chart add a blue or a red vertical bar with every candle whatch the past if it gets changed. If it changes even one candle..you got yourself a dud. If a one candle on a 1 minute chart may not seem like much , imagine what it does to a 1 week candle.

Most indicators don't repaint the past.. they just shift a bit becuase of the price. You can see that with any broker on MT4. Take any pair take the window and change the size of it, make it small, and use zoom.. then widen it and watch the candles increase or decrease in length.

This same sort of thing happens to indicators when there is a huge shift in price. Indicators warp just a bit. My indicators do not repaint, however they get warped in a very heavily volatile market in one direction.

You make some good points though..

Forex Indicator

Hi,

I think all indicators predict the future movement using past data.

Except static indicator like pivot point , trend line etc...

But I suggest you ..pls try camarilla indicator ...

================

Forex Indicators Collection

fores indicators collection

HI, can you tell me why it is not possible anymore to log into the site of

forex-indicators.freefxsystem.com ??

Thanks ,

last week I found a few very interesting indicators there!

Reality Check

You possibly trying the most "fancy looking" indicators, that look like a "free lunch" to you, just to be taken by a wise guy like yourself, whilst all the other guys looking at that stupid RSI and trying to use some stupid volume and stuff.

prasxz:
I think all indicators predict the future movement using past data.

I think indicators dont predict at all, nor are they supposed to

HeHe

they don't but they should

Pava:
they don't but they should

that would take away all of the fun

yep

fun of loosing last dime

Reason: