Boll Trade

Not sure if this E.A. has been posted before the backtest is unreal, got it from the yahoo forum. Wait to see what fwd. test brings.Backtest was for this year only.

More pips for us!

Bill

Update

Hi,

I have done some forward testing on the BollTrade EA with some different settings that i have found worked really well so far even though its only been a few days since i started.

Each result is a Forward test on seperate demo accounts and not backtests.

So far the results look really good.

The 5 Lot results one is using OneTradeOnly with a very close SL since the account size wouldn't be able to handle more than one trade. The other two have the OneTradeOnly: False.

Spider~

Files:
5m_1_lot.htm  34 kb
30m_5lot.htm  14 kb

Hi Spider, good results on the BollTrade backtest, could you post your settings ? Thanks

settings

do you use the default settings?

Profit factor: 1.17

mrtools:
Not sure if this E.A. has been posted before the backtest is unreal, got it from the yahoo forum. Wait to see what fwd. test brings.Backtest was for this year only.

More pips for us!

Bill

I took the trade history breakdown and put it into Excel. Assuming a constant lot size, I worked out the profit factor for the system as 1.17 - hardly amazing, and it doesn't have far to dip before it loses money.

Couldn't upload the Excel sheet - too large.

mini account

Can this EA be used on mini account?

lot size

adria:
Can this EA be used on mini account?

the EA has 1. as the default setting but if you check your brokers perameters and it allows .1 or .01 I would assume that you could set that unit and the EA would work.

Use the new order option and then use the dropdown list for the price and the brokers options will be displayed.

I am forward testing this EA on a demo account and I have to say that it dipped with a loss of $350 and is slowly working it's way back to credit.

John

I just changed 1 lot to 0.1 lot and tested EA and money management didn't

work. 0.1 lot didn't change. Can someone change the code?

Spider4896:
Hi,

I have done some forward testing on the BollTrade EA with some different settings that i have found worked really well so far even though its only been a few days since i started.

Each result is a Forward test on seperate demo accounts and not backtests.

So far the results look really good.

The 5 Lot results one is using OneTradeOnly with a very close SL since the account size wouldn't be able to handle more than one trade. The other two have the OneTradeOnly: False.

Spider~

I ran a backtest of this EA on EURUSD M5 (90% modelling quality) for the last 4 months. It seems I can only get profit with using no stop loss, which is very risky. I tried to use big stop loss to provide enough room to consolidate, but it wipes your account eventually. I tried SL of 100, 200 and 300 pips and it got triggerred once in a while after some successful trades. But if you have 10 successful trades with 10 or 15 pips profit and then losing trade with 200 pips the resulting balance is negative. Small stop loss did not work well either.

Looks interesting though, if you can advise me how to set it up properly so I can avoid those big losses I will give it a try... Thanks!

I got quite good results after optimization but it scares me a bit because a lot of trades are "scalpers". Not all but there are times when there is like 10 (winning) trades in one minute. In reality this is impossible.

Maybe if some kind of trailing stop would be introduced in this EA to avoid scalping would help to make this EA really good one...

Forward testing

I started forward testing this EA starting from last MondayAM at the start of the Asian market. Using 2 pairs EUR/USD & GBP/USD with the standard settings on M30 charts.

Attached is a screenshot to show how the EA works and a detailed statement for the 3 days to date.

John

Files:
boll1.htm  27 kb
boll1.gif  5 kb
boll1_1.gif  48 kb
Reason: