Boll Trade - page 2

yeoeleven:
I started forward testing this EA starting from last MondayAM at the start of the Asian market. Using 2 pairs EUR/USD & GBP/USD with the standard settings on M30 charts.

Attached is a screenshot to show how the EA works and a detailed statement for the 3 days to date.

John

how did you get that Limit order..or you modify the ea to do that?

Pending trades

phoenix:
how did you get that Limit order..or you modify the ea to do that?

The other entries on the detailed statement were from a straddle EA which did not activate.

The only adjustment I made to the EA was after a journal error telling me MaxTrades was (0). There was nowhere on the preset to adjust it so I changed the code to (1) reconfigured it and called the [ea]BollTrade_Ron_MT4_v03f EUSD2

John

[ea]BollTrade_Ron_MT4_v03f EUSD2

I have only the last week to look at but it has performed very well with 23 winning trades after the loss that put it into the red.

Using only 2 pairs it has produced $1090 net profit by the time I manually closed it off prior to NFP.

It did go into the red twice but rebounded each time with a run of winning trades.

John

Files:
boll2.htm  46 kb
boll2.gif  6 kb

Forward testing

Starting off from the opening of the platform on Monday morning and now 24 hours on this EA is still working well.

Is anyone else forward testing? If so to what result?

John

Files:
boll3.htm  17 kb
boll3.gif  5 kb

Another day

This EA has more ups and downs than a big dipper but it recovers.

Files:
boll4.htm  25 kb
boll4.gif  5 kb

Forward testing

yeoeleven:
This EA has more ups and downs than a big dipper but it recovers.

This will be my last report on this EA. It has the ability to recover but has to more times than I would like to chance.

John

Files:
boll5.htm  34 kb
boll5.gif  6 kb

Need Help with BollTrade EA

Hello,

I am trying to reactivate the old BollTrade EA on my account. I always get a invalid stop (130 ) error when the Ea tries to place an order.

The complete code is available on www.foremt4.com/BollTrade

The problem is caused due to a wrong SL setting, but I can not find the problem in the order statement.

Can please somebody explain why the L2L variable is used in this EA?

It seems that this variable is causing the problem on the SL.

Buy statement:

int L2L=10; // real-to-server difference for order masking

if(LossLimit ==0) SL=0; else SL=Ask-((LossLimit+L2L)*Point );

if(ProfitMade==0) TP=0; else TP=Ask+((ProfitMade+L2L)*Point );

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lotsi,Ask,Slippage,SL,TP,TradeComment,MagicNumber,White);

Thanks in advance,

Armin

If its an old EA you'll probably need to multiply the stop by a factor of 10 if running on a 5 digit broker

Thanks Zupcon, for your quick answer. I tried to adapt this EA to my FXCM account but still get the error.

Could please somebody have a look on the code.

My coffee consume has increased dramatically since I have this problem

Ar_min:
Thanks Zupcon, for your quick answer. I tried to adapt this EA to my FXCM account but still get the error.

Could please somebody have a look on the code.

My coffee consume has increased dramatically since I have this problem

Should work now added auto 5digit broker calculation.

Reason: