GRIDMacd With trailling - page 2

Congrats Kokas. So you are trading the original GM on 1hr charts Live? Are you using the default settings? And what broker are you using? I'm thinking about opening up a small EA only account w/IBFX.

Right now my demo for the day after the first 24 hrs is at +650 / -125. Even if all were closed now i'd have quite a few pips up. The GM-TS has two pending orders per pair waiting some action since i opened it at noon Pacific time...no trips on the grid yet but then i wouldn't think so w/a flat market.

On the settings, i would also think that changing the iMACD settings to appropriate levels for a given TF would be beneficial. For instance, one might adjust the MACD settings to 12,52,18 on a 30m chart and have same level of "noise" as a 1hr chart? Then if the take-profit code such as mentioned in a prior post was inserted, this would line up with the 30mVegas tunnel/take profit idea i posed. Just rambling.

: ) Thom

I'm using this one with default settings on a IBFX mini account. Lot size 1, and trailling stop on 15. During today I've set this manually one by one, but now I'm testing the new GRIDMacd with trailling stop.

I think that all EA should have trailling profits inside. Most of the big losses I've encountered has been somewhere in history positive at least 5.

Another thing that I do not understand with gridmacd is if we set the same magic for all charts it will manage all orders... I have to clarify this one. And we need to proper teste this new version.

But the tests I'm doing are not on IBFX. I'm using NorthFinance instead. I want to use them for real. IBFX data is not the same, and during news they pull the spread a lot. Also requotes are very usual with them.

?

i'm very frustrated with this EA because i have gridmacd running on 1 min and 1 hour charts with lots of open position but no closers and it has been 4 days already. i know there's no TP but how and when does it close positions?

thnx

In fact there is a TP. "MaxProfit" on settings of each chart. When the sum of all positions reach that value it closes all the positions on that chart to take the profit. I believe this is how it works.

?

currently the default setting for maxprofit is 250, is this what it should be?

here's my statement!

criss73:
here's my statement!

Hi criss73,

Why you deleted your statement?

strange

that was strange because i didnt but here it it!

Files:
statement.htm  15 kb

version

hi kokas,

could you please post the version you're using.

i downloaded the one posted on page #1 it opened a buy @10000.

i realized that the code have a bug in it.

ty

?

can someone help me with settings? im using default. how does this EA close positions?

Reason: