GRIDMacd With trailling - page 3

Greetings. From what i've gathered in my two weeks of testing the GM the MaxProfits is a cumulative of all positions neg/pos that are currently open on the currency pair that the EA is running on. So while you might have some nice trades of say +80,+65,+50,+35,+20,+5 (= +255) if you even have one position open in the negative on the same pair, say -15, your profits will not be taken off until you manually get rid of the looser. . . at least that is what i'm seeing. So i'm going to experiment with the settings next week on the MaxProfit. I'm not running the 1m chart test, just the default 1hr for now.

Cheers,

Thom

criss73:
can someone help me with settings? im using default. how does this EA close positions?

I did not look inside the code but according to my experiance with GridMACD (without trailling stop) this EA closes the potisions at once. So one day all the orders will be closed. Sometimes with big loss but mostly in good profit. It is like a cycle: trading, then all the orders are closed, then break for one or two days and then EA will open the orders once again.

But i did not look inside the code sorry.

here's...

here's my results so far with the gridmacd trailing

here's..

here's an update statement for the gridmacd

Files:
statement_5.htm  22 kb

Another change needed, kalenzo... please please

Well, In a few days we could see that the trailling version is not improving well GridMacd performance.

I hate negative orders, thats why I was asking for this modification for trailling... But the 15 minimum, is not helping... So my sugestion now is to lock every order as soon as it became positive (on entry point ASAP).

If the grid work, then there is no need for this but in case the order trys to become negative then it will be closed before the big loss.

If anyone thinks it would worth a try, please... As I told before I do now know how to code this. But I'm realy a believer of this EA

Since this is all just a test to see if GM can become useful/profitable for us i didn't mind seeing what i witnessed this week w/my GM tests...and it was a real eye opener. On the 1hr charts w/the stock settings both the TS and original bombed big time for me. I won't even bother with the statements. they were a disaster. Only about +100 to +200 closed pips and over -800 float by friday's close. The thing that gets me is that the MACD for entry is very moody. You can't just close this EA down and expect it to pick right back up where is was. It's not very smart like that. I closed out the GBP chart and it took over three days to initiate a trade, all the while the other charts were cranking out trades...albeit very bad trades!

, - (

I state all of the next bit with the sincere hope that there are positive answers to my Q's/comments.

Is the trailing stop actually working? I have not seen it in actual use/activation in any of the forward test trades. . . and in backtesting, changing the TS to any figure you wish makes no difference in my testing. OK, back from another backtest. This "Trailing Stop" really needs to be looked at as i'm not seeing it kick in at all in the testing. Maybe i'm missing something?

Also, is it possible to get a "StopLoss" worked into this. The losses are huge! My tests show multiple losses of 250 to 400 dollars at a whack. Where the winning trades are max of 240ish. I know we can set this figure, but any higher thank about 270 (default at 250) and the PL drops off. Crazy thing is you can change any number of parameters and they will effect the PL, but change the stop loss to anything you wish and the PL is not changed...so something is not working here.

Is there any progress on improving GRIDMACD ?? It looks like the trailing stop is not really working well, but am I right in saying that there is no stoploss built into this ?? For example I have a trade that's 60pips up right now - so as far as I'm concerned this should never turn into a losing trade, but from what I understand the way this EA is coded it could very well turn into a loser.

I did not test it, sorry.

I am testing normal GridMACD, without trailing stop.

It is necessary to have big deposit to use this EA. I am not sure but if we summirize all open orders and deposit so we will get balance as 52,000 (by 0.1 lot size). It may be profitable for some pairs (see statements and weekly performance thread). For for the people who are having very robust nerves: because of many orders open and orders are keeping opened during the many days and weeks.

Great EA acually i have some ideas for improvement.

This does not require a stop loss because it would defeat the purpose of the EA, and that is why stop loss did not work.

BUT,

we can use a safety feature that is similiar to stop loss. This can also be done manually.

Use the EA in visual stradegy tester mode to get a good understanding of how it works. It shouldn't take to long.

DEAR CODER:) Can the EA be coded for example:

take profit 1: 150

take profit 2: 50

take profit 3: 10

take profit 4: breakeven

Rules for take profit 1: 1 opposing open orders

Rules for take proit 2: 2 opposing open orders

rules for take profit 3: 3 oppsing open orders

(opposing orders are the protective orders on the oppisite side of the straddle that serve as a hedge.)

You can run into trouble this just might help protect from a potential big loss. you may also ajust maxorders as a stop loss

Reason: