Elite indicators :) - page 495

Ray

It was already posted in other section, but since the original of it was posted at this thread (and since the original request for the "regular" version was made by you), here is the indicator at this thread too

traderduke:
mladen,

Could you set this Hull up in a separate window & add an alert??

Thanks

Ray

Ray / Traderduke

Ray,

Could you please tell me how you use this indicator Mladen just posted above. What is it that you want to see that you cannot get out of "something else"? No criticism, just curious.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mladen,

Thanks, appreciate your help and understanding.

Ray

mladen:
Ray It was already posted in other section, but since the original of it was posted at this thread (and since the original request for the "regular" version was made by you), here is the indicator at this thread too

Val

Long time no talk!

I trade Renko most of the time. I tried to use 2 MAs with certain shift, see earlier request. Mladen of course reinforced the fact that a -2 shift would repaint but my main concern was how far back could I count on it not repainting, nothing but trouble so I set out to come up with a indicator that could help me get in early and get out EARLY before the Renko "trend reversal" which can be a significant loss in pips, depending on the block size. I can never get a Trailing stop to work well.

This Hull is the closest I've become to matching the -2 shift without repainting using the power which is similar to the shift settings. See attached:

The top is the 2ma w/ -2shift, enter when the brick is encapsilated by the 2 MAs & exit when not!

The bottom is the dual hull. I'm still looking for the perfect settings but I'm CLOSE.

Early in and early out. Any ideas would be appreciated! My latest idea is 2 or 3 hulls with a different Timeframe!! With so many 1 & -1 trend choices to make how could not find a winner!!

Ray

ValeoFX:
Ray,

Could you please tell me how you use this indicator Mladen just posted above. What is it that you want to see that you cannot get out of "something else"? No criticism, just curious.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Velocit "macd"

I was curious what would happen if I take 2 velocities (smoothed momentum) and calculate the difference of the 2 in the similar way as macd is calculated (except that we would use velocity in this case, not the moving average). This is the result of that experiment. Posting it since it seems to be usable and that it is not giving a misleading results and it also differs enough from velocity itself as well as from macd to have the reason to have a new name too

But since it is a completely new one, much more tests should be done on it before using it in live trading (as any novelty should be tested, but for this one I simply did not have time yet to do all that). Visually it looks OK, Let see the rest

Also, the name is the first that came into mind. It is a difference of two velocities so it is not a "macd" in a strict sense of the name, but ...

Files:

Thanks for the reply...

traderduke:
Val

Long time no talk!

I trade Renko most of the time. I tried to use 2 MAs with certain shift, see earlier request. Mladen of course reinforced the fact that a -2 shift would repaint but my main concern was how far back could I count on it not repainting, nothing but trouble so I set out to come up with a indicator that could help me get in early and get out EARLY before the Renko "trend reversal" which can be a significant loss in pips, depending on the block size. I can never get a Trailing stop to work well.

This Hull is the closest I've become to matching the -2 shift without repainting using the power which is similar to the shift settings. See attached:

The top is the 2ma w/ -2shift, enter when the brick is encapsilated by the 2 MAs & exit when not!

The bottom is the dual hull. I'm still looking for the perfect settings but I'm CLOSE.

Early in and early out. Any ideas would be appreciated! My latest idea is 2 or 3 hulls with a different Timeframe!! With so many 1 & -1 trend choices to make how could not find a winner!!

Ray

=====================

Hello Ray,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Maybe we can talk directly via e-mail rather than here where the engine room is?

Best regards,

Mladen / Ray

Mladen & Ray,

Would the "haDelta" not be an option to achieve what you are looking for?

Regards,

ValeoFX

If I understand correctly and if you are are refering to Hull crosses x 2, then the answer is no. haDelta and hull crosses have different math in the background

ValeoFX:
Mladen & Ray,

Would the "haDelta" not be an option to achieve what you are looking for?

Regards,

Thank you Mladen

mladen:
ValeoFX If I understand correctly and if you are are refering to Hull crosses x 2, then the answer is no. haDelta and hull crosses have different math in the background

==========

Thank you for the reply, Mladen. I understand it better now.

Enjoy your weekend.

Best regards.

velocity "macd"

very interesting indicator.

OK, I'll be the one that asks-- can you make a histogram version??

Thank you.

Reason: