Elite indicators :) - page 1053

mrtools:
Hello Paulo, that is not repainting(recalculating) that is normal behavior for an indicator in mtf mode, if your using it or any indicator in an EA on an hourly chart it takes 24 closed hourly bars to get one daily bar, and those hourly bars can be up or down. IMHO maybe try a larger period on the ma's instead of mtf, but that's just my opinion.

Hello Mr. Tools,

Thank you for the explanation. I will try increasing the MA's period.

Regards,

Paulo

pbaranda:

Hello Mr. Tools,

Thank you for the explanation. I will try increasing the MA's period.

Regards,

Paulo

Paulo

That might be a good solution. Alexander Elder used that method (I usually call it a "naive multi time framing" since it was used in the times when computers were rarity and they could not do the normal multi time framing), and as an approximation (since it will never be exactly the same as higher time frame results) it could be good

ADXm by default uses EMA for results smoothing

This version allows to change that. Now it allows the 30 types of averages + 30 double smoothed types : adxm_averages_2_2.ex4

PS: difference can be significant. The example bellow uses Ahrens average in both cases, but the upper is the new version of ADXm. In some cases the signal in the new version was not just or 2 bars earlier, but much more (and that is without using double smoothing)

Files:

mladen:

I have tried some combinations, but the results were not impressive (dismal mostly)

Will see some more, but I would not hope for too much

OK. Thanks

mladen:
ADXm by default uses EMA for results smoothing

This version allows to change that. Now it allows the 30 types of averages + 30 double smoothed types : adxm_averages_2_2.ex4

PS: difference can be significant. The example bellow uses Ahrens average in both cases, but the upper is the new version of ADXm. In some cases the signal in the new version was not just or 2 bars earlier, but much more (and that is without using double smoothing)

30 averages x 30 price types = 900 possibilities. Wow. And the results looks good.

mladen:
Upgraded swing line indicator (optimized code, more user friendly, one possible issue on weekly alerts solved) : swing_line_2_1.mq4

Hi Mladen, images are no longer clickable, so we can view them in more detail. Can this problem be looked into?

Thanks

Jozy

Jozy:

Hi Mladen, images are no longer clickable, so we can view them in more detail. Can this problem be looked into?

Thanks

Jozy

Jozy

At a moment a workaround is to right click on the image and chose view image (then you can see it in zoom mode too). But that will be automatized soon (in a single click)

removed/no more needed

mrtools:
Hello Paulo, that is not repainting(recalculating) that is normal behavior for an indicator in mtf mode, if your using it or any indicator in an EA on an hourly chart it takes 24 closed hourly bars to get one daily bar, and those hourly bars can be up or down. IMHO maybe try a larger period on the ma's instead of mtf, but that's just my opinion.

Hello Mr. Tools,

I would like to ask if it is possible to have the indicator Averages 6.3 showing a dot and painting the bars and line showing trend change upon a bar closes above or below the average line?

As an example, in a H1 chart, the indicator would have the settings as attached and on the crossing and closing of the current bar above or below, the signal dot should appear and the bars changing color with the average line. No MTF setup in this case.

Your help in this matter would be great.

Regards,

Paulo

The example setup

I can not change .ex4 files

Reason: