Elite indicators :) - page 791

mladen:
David

I do not know what RSI is is used

From the code of the i-g-copy code I doubt that that it works normally (that it does not repaint) but without the rsi that is used for calculating I can not know exactly all that is done

mladen,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Is it possible for you to insert an rsi that could make it usable and non repainting?

thanks once again for all your help.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Is it possible for you to insert an rsi that could make it usable and non repainting?

thanks once again for all your help.

traderdp

David

David

The way it is written, whoever wrote it, had no intention to follow the rules of non-repainting. See this part of code :

b = iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos-i)*r1

+iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(1-i))*r2-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos-i)*r3

+iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(2-i))*r2-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(1-i))*r3

+iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(3-i))*r2-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(2-i))*r3

+iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(4-i))*r2-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(3-i))*r3

+iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(5-i))*r2-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(4-i))*r3;

All those "-" are there on purpose (I am assuming that the coder knew what is he/she coding) and all of those are causing a mess as far as data calculation is concerned. In my opinion, better to forget about it

mladen,

thanks again for all of your help to avoid the potholes of trading.

traderdp

David

mladen:
biddick Here you go

PS: overlooked the "mtf" part. Attached a mtf version too

regards

Mladen

Version made new mql compatible : rsi__ma_-_nrp_mtf_nmc.mq4

Files:

Thanks fellows, appreciate the work & the info.

Ray

mladen:
yuhu Here it is

regards

Mladen

Upgraded version of rsi ma histo : rsi__ma_-_histo_nmc.mq4

mladen:
yuhu,

It is not enough and if you use it directly on a non-repainting code it is going to repaint if you draw it as histogram. I know that it sound funny, but drawing non repainting lines is a whole different story from drawing a histogram (line needs 2 known points to be defined and histogram needs only one known value - the extra point that is needed to draw lines is going to cause repainting in histogram version)

Here is a histogram version. The line version actually needed to be simplified to become a histogram version (there is no interpolation in histogram version either - no need to interpolate anything since the values can only be none or 1) so the overall code is much simpler than the code needed to draw non repainting multi color line indicator

regards

Mladen

Zero lag hull moving average - histo version new mql compatible : zero_lag_hull_moving_average_-_histo_nmc.mq4

Hi Mladen

I hope that all is well on your side of the Equator. Could you please do me three favours as follows?

1) check that this Indicator does not repaint

2) Add in your standard alerts package for the "50 cross-over"

3) Add divergence "on indicator" [standard and reverse] (for later on next week is ok, no hurry at all)

Thanks and have a great weekend!!

Regards

Sylvester

Files:

SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

I hope that all is well on your side of the Equator. Could you please do me three favours as follows?

1) check that this Indicator does not repaint

2) Add in your standard alerts package for the "50 cross-over"

3) Add divergence "on indicator" [standard and reverse] (for later on next week is ok, no hurry at all)

Thanks and have a great weekend!!

Regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

1. It should not repaint

2. When should the alerts trigger

3. Those are ticks - frankly I do not think that divergence between ticks and price is useful. It can be made, but in my opinion it is a wrong approach to ticks

Hi Mladen

I would like the alerts to trigger only when the VolumeRSi crosses over the "50 line". I understand your point about the ticks vs price but I would like to experiment further with this divergence anyway. I've already been monitoring it on a very fine setting of "0,5,3,2" and it has looked promising (albeit a trial thus far just monitoring one fx pair for the past week).

Thanks and regards

Sylvester

Reason: