Solar wind - page 11

achandrasekaran99:
Hi,

I have made alerts for Solar Wind indicator (it has option to be used as repainter or non-repainter!).

Regards,

chandra

Thanks. I hope you don't mind that I upload the files here

Files:

It still repaints...!

Linuxser:

No Problem, actualy Thanks. I thought people may get some discussion part also and felt lazy to save them in my computer and upload here.

Hi michh, my version when used in non-repaint mode will NOT repaint. The last bar will change as the price changes, but values for other bars will not change. That is not called repainting and because the price is still changing. In original version (or in repaint mode), the signal/cross positions will change even hundreds of bars back when refreshed or restarted (thats what is repainting).

The non-repainter will give delayed signal which is closer to what you will get when seeing the signals in real time. The Smooth parameter can be reduced to reduce delay, but that will add more noise. Or simply, one can also use Stoch or Williams %R crossing mid-point. All these have similar calculations. Hope this explains. One can also look for Fisher indicator in Factory (both are same and first I spent quite a while working/wasting time on it more than a year back, but that indicator also came from forex-tsd; all goes around in cycles!).

Regards,

chandra

Linuxser:

Hi Linuxser

Does this repaint? I know in the past this indy would repaint almost 12 bars back.

Thanks

Iceman19999:
Hi Linuxser

Does this repaint? I know in the past this indy would repaint almost 12 bars back.

Thanks

I don't know.

I've just uploaded the file, not tested. I'm trusting in the author's words that didn't repaint

Linuxser:
I don't know. I've just uploaded the file, not tested. I'm trusting in the author's words that didn't repaint

Ok ,thanks will test too.

Iceman19999:
Hi Linuxser

Thanks

how much back - well, as much as needed

option=1; "// option 1 will make it NOT a repainter." ???

Files:

fxbs:
how much back - well, as much as needed option=1; "// option 1 will make it NOT a repainter." ???

I do not understand this post! There are two files and by default one is a repainter and the other (ACS1) is a NON repainter. If the Option is changed to anything other than the given value in either version, they will become the other! (The repainter will act as a non-repainter and vice versa). May be confusing. So, if you use the ACS1 version at default Option, it is not a repainter (except for last bar). So, it is not clear which version the above post uses. I have been working on MT4 indicators for more than a year and I know how to fix a repainter. My main work was adding alerts and simply added the non-repainting option/version because I cannot tolerate the repainting indicators. The repainting version (inlcuding any orginal versions) will repaint/recalculate/redraw all bars, even thousands of bars back.

For simplicity: those who want a non-repainting version, just use the SolarWind-ACS1 at default value for Option (to reduce delay, you can reduce the Smooth value, but at the expense of some extra Noise).

My prior post here (post #104) will give some more information on this subject.

I hope this clarifies some confusion.

Regards,

chandra

achandrasekaran99:
I do not understand this post! There are two files and by default one is a repainter and the other (ACS1) is a NON repainter. If the Option is changed to anything other than the given value in either version, they will become the other! (The repainter will act as a non-repainter and vice versa). May be confusing. So, if you use the ACS1 version at default Option, it is not a repainter (except for last bar). So, it is not clear which version the above post uses. I have been working on MT4 indicators for more than a year and I know how to fix a repainter. My main work was adding alerts and simply added the non-repainting option/version because I cannot tolerate the repainting indicators. The repainting version (inlcuding any orginal versions) will repaint/recalculate/redraw all bars, even thousands of bars back.

For simplicity: those who want a non-repainting version, just use the SolarWind-ACS1 at default value for Option (to reduce delay, you can reduce the Smooth value, but at the expense of some extra Noise).

My prior post here (post #104) will give some more information on this subject.

I hope this clarifies some confusion.

Regards,

chandra

no confusion: above post (#108) uses SolarWind-ACS1.mq4 (3.8 KB, post#102) (ACS1 version) with default Option (option=1; // option 1 will make it NOT a repainter) ... wuld it..?

ok, just checking, to make sure there is no mistake...

again, SolarWind-ACS1.mq4 (3.8 KB, post#102) default Option (option=1; // option 1 "will make it NOT a repainter (except for last bar). " - a bit overstatement, don't you think?

still confusing?

Files:
sw_asc1_3.gif  11 kb
sw_asc1_4.gif  11 kb
sw_asc1_5.gif  11 kb
Reason: