Solar wind - page 8

omelette:
The original version is available in the VQI thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

My version hasn't been posted, nor will it be. Sorry.

Reason being?

Files:

Try also this indicator, maybe is an alternative to the solarwind...

Files:

SwingMan:
Try also this indicator, maybe is an alternative to the solarwind...

wow..does this repaint??

hello swingman(used to knw ur gr8 progamming skill fr pip nailer)

how hav u been??

sonic

sonicdeejay:
..does this repaint?? ..how hav u been??

- I think a litle bit (the red lines) yes..., please test.

- thanks, good!

Wib:
Hello,

I’m hoping one of our coders would be willing to accept the challenge of coding an EA based on the SolarWind ACS3 indicator. I have set the option default from 1 to 2. All other settings remain on the default. I’ve attached this indicator.

The Indicator bars turn blue for an up trend and red for a down trend. I trade using the M15 chart primarily with two pairs: GBP/USD & URO/USD and have experienced consistently profitable trades.

1.I would like an EA that would enter a trade on the opening of the 2nd bar after a colour change and to close the trade on the close of the 1st bar after the subsequent colour change. (eg. For a long trade to enter on the opening of the 2nd blue bar and to close the trade with the close of the 1st red bar. The same process would apply for the short trade: enter on the opening of the 2nd red bar and close with the close of the 1st blue bar). Perhaps a SL of perhaps 60 could be built in as a backup in the event of computer failure or power outage.

2.A further refinement I use in manual trades is to use “filter” lines inserted on either side of the “0” line. On the GBP/USD chart I use a + & - line set at approximately 0.0600. This generally prevents a false entry on whipsaw action. I don’t know how complicated it would be to code something like this into the EA. It also helps to lessen the likelihood of an entry error on repainting. If the repainting could be eliminated that would be even better.

Any assistance with the coding of an EA for this strategy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wib

Does this indicator repaint???

I think there is no point using the indicator in EA if the indicator repaint!!!

sonic

sonicdeejay:
Does this indicator repaint???

I think there is no point using the indicator in EA if the indicator repaint!!!

sonic

No It dose not

kayvan:
No It dose not

Yes it does

kayvan:
Yes it does

Some do, some don't. There are several varieties....the can be found on this forum, I think there is even a special made page for it.

Solar Wind

Igor:

Tried it months ago. Agreed.

Reason: