All John Ehlers Indicators... - page 28

Hi,

The version used for the sinewave with S/R is the version that I got from mqlsoft.com where you can find all the Ehlers indicators mentioned in the book.

You will see that they created two sinwave indicators, this one is based on the second version.

If you compare the two indicators you will see that the second one filters some of the spikes generated with the first version.

Biker883:
Hi,

The version used for the sinewave with S/R is the version that I got from mqlsoft.com where you can find all the Ehlers indicators mentioned in the book.

You will see that they created two sinwave indicators, this one is based on the second version.

If you compare the two indicators you will see that the second one filters some of the spikes generated with the first version.

Thanks, Biker883.

Actually I have my question answered after reading a header of sinewave3.1.mq4. It is based on a newer version of Ehlers indicator from "Cybernetics Analysis for Stock and Futures" and really differs from what was described in "Rocket science...". To estimate the difference i have implemented an old version and it also has no spikes. Anyway thanks for your reply.

Alex

igorad:
One more version of Sinewave is ready. Now it looks as you wish. I suppose that you try to create something similar to Better Sine Wave.

Great indicator!!

I have read and also watched the videos about this indicator, but for some reason I still don't understand how to trade it...do you trade the crosses?

Do you watch for a cross then wait for a pullback to trade?

Any info and tips would be greatly appreciated....thanks

igorad:
One more version of Sinewave is ready. Now it looks as you wish. I suppose that you try to create something similar to Better Sine Wave.

I loaded this in the indicator folder - EURUSD 1-Hr and all that shows up is horizontal lines, no sinewave. What is wrong??

Dave

HeHe

one of those indicators...once you learn how to use them you'll become a millioner....

1Dave7:
I loaded this in the indicator folder - EURUSD 1-Hr and all that shows up is horizontal lines, no sinewave. What is wrong?? Dave

nothing wrong

I loaded this in EURUSD H1 - everything fine

Files:
sinewave3.1.gif  10 kb

I loaded the sinewave indicators again on another IBFX platform and I have same result - 2 horizontal lines instead of the sinewave. Could the change from 4 digit to 5 digit graphs at IBFX (InterbankFX.com) be causing this to happen? If so, what do I need to do to modify the indicator to run on 5-digit graphs??

Please help me somebody!

Dave

for scalping

try this indikator nice in eurgbp...

good luck

Files:
eurgbp.jpg  26 kb
eurgbpwr.rar  6 kb

I have the same strange problem as dave.

It works on my laptops under windows 7 ! But i got an horizontal line with my desktops under windows xp!

Same meta, with 4 digits.

Duh ?

1Dave7:
I loaded the sinewave indicators again on another IBFX platform and I have same result - 2 horizontal lines instead of the sinewave. Could the change from 4 digit to 5 digit graphs at IBFX (InterbankFX.com) be causing this to happen? If so, what do I need to do to modify the indicator to run on 5-digit graphs??

Please help me somebody!

Dave

1Dave7 and big Joe,

you need to the Cycleperiod indicator in your indicator folder as the sinewave calls the Cycleperiod information to calculate the sinewave.

Read post 266 page 27

Cheers

Reason: