I'm thinking about use an EA to trade my Live account! - page 2

What a waste. Most of us do not know how to code.

I do agree with you however...EA's cannot be consistently profitable.

Some other traders that know me really yell at me for not learning how to code...after reading your post...I am not sure I will waste my time now.

ES

w4rn1ng:
I don't think that an EA can give same profits as a good trader can give, and with good trader i don't mean a trader that just buy or sell when two moving average cross, a good trader must look the chart and "understand" what it is happening, sure he will never have a 100% sure trade, but he can "understand" where price is going, why it is going there, and what will happen when it has arrived there, u know a good trader can found a sense in this market that some "strange" people call RANDOM (i read in some forums about people saying fx was random!), an EA cannot do it, not with the precision that a human brain can give, also if... Maybe it can be done yes, with some good NeuralNetwork (everybody now know that NN work!), but i don't know.. maybe i like trading too much to let a EA trade for me, i mean.. where is the fun??

ElectricSavant:
What a waste. Most of us do not know how to code.

I do agree with you however...EA's cannot be consistently profitable.

Some other traders that know me really yell at me for not learning how to code...after reading your post...I am not sure I will waste my time now.

ES

If you want, waste your time on learning MQL4. Its not C++ and you don't need years to learn it, just a few weeks. After you learn it, you'll be able to easily write small tools to help you. For example - trailing stop for specific trade for specific day when you need to leave but do not want to close your position yet.

Or a small indicator improvement.

Or anything you can write on MQL4 You'll be able to code strategies you find. The reason to do this is actually not to trade it on a real account but to check how it works in the past and check how it works on the demo without wasting your time and efforts (if you are testing 10 strategies, you need lots of time and concentration, and it would really be a waste if all of those are not profitable in the result).

But I'll have to agree - its not the EA that makes a good trader. Its a lot of experience and lots of efforts that make a good trader And a really good trader can eventually make a good EA but a good trader (unlike machines) also has a good intuition. Don't bet everything on EAs, learn trading.

Shinigami:
But I'll have to agree - its not the EA that makes a good trader. Its a lot of experience and lots of efforts that make a good trader And a really good trader can eventually make a good EA but a good trader (unlike machines) also has a good intuition. Don't bet everything on EAs, learn trading.

Good statement Shinigani.A few weeks makes good hacks.Look at some of my jobs by hacks had to be redone by pro programmers.

A coder is only a simple coer ,without a great ttader behind him

OILFXPRO

Reason: