Multiple sessions of MT4

Anybody here tried to run multiple session of MT4 on the same computer?

And if so - how are you doing that (what software)?

And do you see a diminished performance when running multiple sessions?

And , do you need several installations of MT4 for that?

Tnx

i run two installations (two different brokers) of mt4 on my laptop and it runs fine.i run one install for my laptop lcd and other for external monitor.

I run two screens on my PC. I had two MT4's from different brokers and the problems include: different 00:00 times, different prices by 0 - 5 pips.

Then after much searching and testing I ran two MT4's which 'matched' each other from different brokers. This still had the different prices by 0 - 5 pips.

My solution is to download two MT4's from the same broker. This can only be done by having a Real A/c and a demo in a different name, OR two demo's in different names. This works very well as both MT4's are now identical and data is from the same source. My broker is FXCM and price between my charts and FXCM is only a matter of 1 or 2 pips which is easily handled.

There is no interference between them or any other problem that I can detect. The advantage as I find it, is that I can use one screen for long the term picture and the other for 'fine tune' entry.

Hope this helps a bit...

Problems with MT4 indicators

I was running 4 MT4 programs. One each from different brokers. It was working fine until I loaded some multi time frame indicators and all 4 locked up and ultimately I had to remove them from my computer and reload them. I was unsure what the problem was but as soon as I loaded a non lag MA indicator the performance of the computer is dismal.

I tried to load a multi time frame Centre of Gravity onto a chart just now and that was it, locked up again, CPU usage 100%! It is a four year old computer but it sounds like time to upgrade.

ian

waltini:
I was running 4 MT4 programs. One each from different brokers. It was working fine until I loaded some multi time frame indicators and all 4 locked up and ultimately I had to remove them from my computer and reload them. I was unsure what the problem was but as soon as I loaded a non lag MA indicator the performance of the computer is dismal.

I tried to load a multi time frame Centre of Gravity onto a chart just now and that was it, locked up again, CPU usage 100%! It is a four year old computer but it sounds like time to upgrade.

ian

I recommend the New Dual core Athlon + win 64 bit (I know its problematic - but you figure it out it works).

Reason: