10points 3.mq4 - page 138

Forward testing

Cijas:
I used 2 cost average ea (with 0.1 lots cause i don't have micro lots on fxlite) as i said in other post. And even if it don't do the trades as same time they did some profit (i had less than 600 $ and i won 104 $).

Fxlite said me they will change my account in order i can choose micro lots so i will be safer.

you can see my trades by openin the word document.

I tested the Pyramid version and had good results but better check out the closing functions because mine got away from me whilst demo testing it.

Good to see that you have gained a profit so far.

John

10p4 has dynamic stop correct?

10_point_4_(mod1e)

matrixebiz:
10p4 has dynamic stop correct?

There is no dynamic stop as in tururo's modification and my latest progression went up to 6 then tried to open 7 but the account had insufficient funds and at that time was minus $1200. I was hoping for a reversal that did come and the EA closed off with a loss of $80 on the progression.

I have monitored the Closing EA and in several cases it has stopped dangerous progressions and in this case set at $100 would have had a $100 loss instead of an $80 loss but without the hassles and also would have given the EA the opportunity of changing direction. So on reflection it would have been the safer option. On the other side it has often cost $100 when the progression would have resulted in profit if left to continue.

Anyway after all those hassles I have attached the detailed statement together with the GIF, not forgetting that this is an experiment with two EAs running on different pairs to test the likelihood of reaching a margin call on a live account.

John

Files:
combo2.htm  60 kb
combo2.gif  6 kb

forward test -10points-3-dynamic-stop[v2(RMI)] IBFXdemo mini

flyhigh:

RMI rock!

There is no dynamic stop as in tururo's modification and my latest progression went up to 6 then tried to open 7 but the account had insufficient funds and at that time was minus $1200. I was hoping for a reversal that did come and the EA closed off with a loss of $80 on the progression.

I have monitored the Closing EA and in several cases it has stopped dangerous progressions and in this case set at $100 would have had a $100 loss instead of an $80 loss but without the hassles and also would have given the EA the opportunity of changing direction. So on reflection it would have been the safer option. On the other side it has often cost $100 when the progression would have resulted in profit if left to continue.

Anyway after all those hassles I have attached the detailed statement together with the GIF, not forgetting that this is an experiment with two EAs running on different pairs to test the likelihood of reaching a margin call on a live account.

John

yeoeleven, why have you stopped trading with 10p4 with the Closing EA? are you going to continue testing that combination? Without any ''STOP'' for opening position's block, there is no sense testing any martingale EA like 10p4. Otherwise there will be constantly the risk of loosing the whole account. Don't the profits overcome $100 ''stops'' from the Closing EA?

Guys, I'am testing the ELEVATED for 1 month, it is quite profitable if you switch off the EA during important news. I've bought that EA when it was being sold for $100. There is the private forum for subscribers, there the author of that system gives suggestions about the best settings (I am Russian). Here they are, the recommended account for 1 lot is $30 000 EUR H1:

TakeProfit=18

Step=20

MoneyManagement=28 or 26

Lots=1

PricePlus 0.0014

Manual=off

OpenBlock=true

ModifyBlock=false

Fixlot=false

MicroLot=false

MaxiLot=true

Insure=5

BlockOrders=5

StopLoss=0

There is a problem - the drawdown is the last block is stopped is about $5000 that is 1/6 from the account that is quite big.

For the last week I was tesing the following idea: put 2 experts on the same currency but in separate windows, set the first EA to ONLY SHORT, the second - ONLY LONG. But when there is the situation that the last secure order of 0.8 lot should be opened opened, you should manually set for that EA SHORT&LONG. Is it possible for somebody to program the feature that it will be done automaticaly?

Stop loss

Trader83:
yeoeleven, why have you stopped trading with 10p4 with the Closing EA? are you going to continue testing that combination? Without any ''STOP'' for opening position's block, there is no sense testing any martingale EA like 10p4. Otherwise there will be constantly the risk of loosing the whole account. Don't the profits overcome $100 ''stops'' from the Closing EA?

In the previous post I outlined some of the pros and cons of using the Closer EA but for now I have activated the Stop Loss to 100 that was previously set default for 0 and will be watching it very closely. The Goblin has the Dynamic Stop and the 10p4 has the 100pip stop now showing on the charts so in reality I am using the EAs to do their job without the need for another.

John

In the previous post I outlined some of the pros and cons of using the Closer EA but for now I have activated the Stop Loss to 100 that was previously set default for 0 and will be watching it very closely. The Goblin has the Dynamic Stop and the 10p4 has the 100pip stop now showing on the charts so in reality I am using the EAs to do their job without the need for another. John

What version of Goblin do you use?

Hey John, I haven't been watching this post to closely lately. What and where is this closing EA about? Do you open two charts with the same currency then apply the Goblin EA on one chart then the Close EA on the other?

Thanks

Reason: