Hull Moving Average - page 35

mladen:
A variation of Hull moving average that allows speed adjusting of the hull moving average. Whistles and bells added too (multi time frame, alerts, no repainting color lines ... ). The "speed" can be controlled through HMASpeed parameter : the lower the value the slower the HMA. I am not aware who's idea was to modify the speed in original, but I liked it, so here is this version (original Hull moving average has a "speed" value of 2)

Mladen,

It's been a while since you posted this indicator. I've been searching for a good Hull indicator with the same attributes but many I have found here on the site do not compile. I do not currently have programming troubleshooting skills. Is it possible that you could take a look at the compile errors that I am getting for this indicators code and try to resolve them for me?

'Hull moving average 2.0.mq4' Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 1 1

'char' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 319 11

'=' - name expected Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 319 16

')' - semicolon expected Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 319 41

'>' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 19

'<' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 32

'||' - operand expected Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 39

'>' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 48

'<' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 62

')' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 67

expression has no effect Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 54

')' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 68

'-' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 321 56

'else' - illegal 'else' without matching 'if' Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 322 10

12 error(s), 1 warning(s) 13 2

Also, you had once mentioned that there was a similar indicator that you liked better than Hull. I thought that I bookmarked the post but just cant seem to find it after searching. Can you think of what indicator that may be?

RobertMcCuloough:
Mladen,

It's been a while since you posted this indicator. I've been searching for a good Hull indicator with the same attributes but many I have found here on the site do not compile. I do not currently have programming troubleshooting skills. Is it possible that you could take a look at the compile errors that I am getting for this indicators code and try to resolve them for me?

'Hull moving average 2.0.mq4' Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 1 1

'char' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 319 11

'=' - name expected Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 319 16

')' - semicolon expected Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 319 41

'>' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 19

'<' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 32

'||' - operand expected Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 39

'>' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 48

'<' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 62

')' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 67

expression has no effect Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 54

')' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 320 68

'-' - unexpected token Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 321 56

'else' - illegal 'else' without matching 'if' Hull moving average 2.0.mq4 322 10

12 error(s), 1 warning(s) 13 2

Also, you had once mentioned that there was a similar indicator that you liked better than Hull. I thought that I bookmarked the post but just cant seem to find it after searching. Can you think of what indicator that may be?

RobertMcCuloough

Here is a version that is upgraded to be new mt4 compatible : hull_moving_average_2.0_nmc.mq4

Hull moving average ...

A variation of Hull moving average that allows speed adjusting of the hull moving average. Whistles and bells added too (multi time frame, alerts, no repainting color lines ... ). The "speed" can be controlled through HMASpeed parameter : the lower the value the slower the HMA. I am not aware who's idea was to modify the speed in original, but I liked it, so here is this version (original Hull moving average has a "speed" value of 2)

Upgraded version compatible with new mt4 posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961

Files:

mladen:
RobertMcCuloough Here is a version that is upgraded to be new mt4 compatible : hull_moving_average_2.0_nmc.mq4

Ty sir. Is there an advantage to adding a method variable to this indicator?

RobertMcCuloough:
Ty sir. Is there an advantage to adding a method variable to this indicator?

Original Hull average never used it - so I doubt that there is some advantage - LWMA is the "fastest" of the basic methods, the probable result would make the Hull average "slower" (more lag)

Here is an experiment to replace LWMA with something else. This one is using super smoother (the advantage is that super smoother does not have to use integer numbers for period, and that it is much "faster" than LWMA) : hull_moving_average_2.0_ssm.mq4

Some experimenting with parameters advised (to avoid overshooting - Hull average is one of the averages that even in its natural mode tends to overshoot)

mladen:
Here is an experiment to replace LWMA with something else. This one is using super smoother (the advantage is that super smoother does not have to use integer numbers for period, and that it is much "faster" than LWMA) : hull_moving_average_2.0_ssm.mq4

Some experimenting with parameters advised (to avoid overshooting - Hull average is one of the averages that even in its natural mode tends to overshoot)

Thanks. I'll try working with it for a while and use it to manually trade along with a super signal or zig zag indicator. I was going to use it standalone on a 4hr chart and eventually use the indicator as part of an EA. I had previously bought an indicator and EA from web site but the results were fairly poor for a hull system. Also, MT4 isn't as friendly providing optimization recommendations as my FXCM Trading Station.

mladen:

thank you so much mladen , just what i needed!! very happyyyy

One more version of hull moving average

hma.mq4

Files:
hma.png  17 kb
hma.mq4  5 kb

tampa:
One more version of hull moving average hma.mq4

a standard HMA?

Reason: