HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 3

Hi,

Well, I think the modified version is even more cleaner then the older version. I plan to use it on 30min charts and just go for 20pips/day and trade maybe 2-3 pairs. Lets see how it goes.

FXC,

I must admit it was good thinking outside the box.This filter of the bands is well thought of.Nothing is perfect and trend trades do suffer during sideways movement. Thats a sad and ugly truth.

I think there is going to be a lot of interest.

With the HA mod version, at one glance you know which side you need to be on, either the long or short. Takes away a lot of confusion of trying to see when the trend is started and when it has reversed.

I read somewhere that HA was used by some Japanese traders who made a fortune with the HA chart.

First there was the bar chart, then came the candlestick. Then came HA and renko chart. Finally came the HA-mod.

Let us see how this works out.

radicalmoses:
Hi, Well, I think the modified version is even more cleaner then the older version. I plan to use it on 30min charts and just go for 20pips/day and trade maybe 2-3 pairs. Lets see how it goes.

Sure is. The modified version HAMA gives us a much cleaner PAD. I like you mindset, M30, 20pips/day, 2-3 pairs. The HAMA can be applied I would say from M15 to D1. I personally prefer M15 or M30, 2-3 lots w/ runner, exit at certain pips and if the trend is strong enough, the runner can take it to the higher TF for longer term trade.

FXC,

I must admit it was good thinking outside the box.This filter of the bands is well thought of.Nothing is perfect and trend trades do suffer during sideways movement. Thats a sad and ugly truth.

I think there is going to be a lot of interest.

For a while I was box in this FX trading, looking for a clean, simple way to look at the chart and make trade decision. I have seen chart samples with so many confirming indicators on it that it confuses me. Guess what, I did the same thing though with not much improvement on results. HA came into the picture and "my infamous" F89 indicator and I became an avid trend follower.

Bands, like you said, makes potential trade entries very visible. If you watch the HAMA, you will recognize the NTZ or no trade zones which will stop you from trading the sideways movement, unless you are scalping for 3-8 pips. We will have something else soon thrown into the PAD which will give us an early signs of NTZs.

With the HA mod version, at one glance you know which side you need to be on, either the long or short. Takes away a lot of confusion of trying to see when the trend is started and when it has reversed.

Now, this is like 4x Made Easy without really trying. HAMA PAD, live and in color. It is so simple, a beginner's toy. 4K anyone?

I read somewhere that HA was used by some Japanese traders who made a fortune with the HA chart.

Who knows? Someday, someone else maybe reading about the group of HAMA Traders making their fortune.

First there was the bar chart, then came the candlestick. Then came HA and renko chart. Finally came the HA-mod. Let us see how this works out.

Don't forget about the clouds, the Ichimoku. ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Where can I get these indicators??? I would really appreciate it if someone would help. Thanks.

Thnak You,

Dan.

Dan7974:
Where can I get these indicators??? I would really appreciate it if someone would help. Thanks.

Thnak You,

Dan.

Just pm fxcruiser Dan, he would be glad to help you Welcome aboard!

Ntz

Greetings

About NTZ, do you mean to when the bars are inside the EMA channel, and/or, the open/close is inside the EMA channel, right?

One filter to use could be trade time. IE: do not trade before/after London/NY sessions.

Cheers

HAMA Indicators & Template Requests...

HAMA Traders,

Indicators and template have been sent out to all who requested them via PM as of this posting. Please check your email inbox.

Thanks,

fxcruiser

Hi FXC and Linux,

Just thought I will add a bit from my observations trading the HA from long time back. Though HA is an excellent tool for identifying trends on any time frame, lot of people do not realize that it is also an excellent tool for stoploss.

Looking closely at the chart on the time frame you ar comfortable with (say 30min chart), after you enter the trade, trail your stop just at 5pips below the previous HA candle. Technically if you notice your chart you will never see your SL hit and if it does, it most likely is a trend change or else very high volatility. Either way you maximise your profits and trade most efficiently. With this mod version, trail it to the level of previous 2nd candle. IMO very very effient SL technique which I had used before.

On the GBP, you can catch those 120pip moves if you can manage to just sit tight and not second guess the system.

Let me know your opinion.

Reason: