Terminator v2.0 - page 27

GbpJpy

I do currently have the gbpjpy on radar for forward testing and just wanted to run it for a while to see the results. I'll zip and post this weeks test results by Friday afternoon cst zone. As I stated in an earlier post, I do have an EA running that trades the GbpJpy (9 pip spread) and just added the EurJpy. This terminator EA has such a similar trading system to that one that I had to add it to see how it would perform. I'm running micros on fxlq with great success so far. TTYL, Kevin

kjenkins:
I do currently have the gbpjpy on radar for forward testing and just wanted to run it for a while to see the results. I'll zip and post this weeks test results by Friday afternoon cst zone. As I stated in an earlier post, I do have an EA running that trades the GbpJpy (9 pip spread) and just added the EurJpy. This terminator EA has such a similar trading system to that one that I had to add it to see how it would perform. I'm running micros on fxlq with great success so far. TTYL, Kevin

Hello Kevin,

You might want to take care trading the GBPJPY. It's very volatile and unless you have deep pockets it can wipe your account. You'll see it tends to approach and reach the maxtrades=10 setting occasionally within a month, which can tend to tie up a significant amount of your margin (unless you have a adequately funded account). This is also a reason why the GBPUSD was dropped from the original currencies that Tom started testing with. These 2 pairs need to be watched very carefully cause they do tend to approach the higher limits of the maxtrades setting.

If you're running the EA with micro lots, just running the set of currencies Tom is utilising you'll need at least a good $20k account, maybe a bit more if you intend to use any of the above 2 currencies. Just thought i'd give you a heads up mate. Good luck forward testing.

Regards,

hades291

PS: You might want to also see Tom's post. (Post#110).

Thanks

hades291:
Hello Kevin,

You might want to take care trading the GBPJPY. It's very volatile and unless you have deep pockets it can wipe your account. You'll see it tends to approach and reach the maxtrades=10 setting occasionally within a month, which can tend to tie up a significant amount of your margin (unless you have a adequately funded account). This is also a reason why the GBPUSD was dropped from the original currencies that Tom started testing with. These 2 pairs need to be watched very carefully cause they do tend to approach the higher limits of the maxtrades setting.

If you're running the EA with micro lots, just running the set of currencies Tom is utilising you'll need at least a good $20k account, maybe a bit more if you intend to use any of the above 2 currencies. Just thought i'd give you a heads up mate.

Good luck forward testing.

Regards,

hades291

PS: You might want to also see Tom's post. (Post#110).

Yes I understand this. I'm running an experiment and realize the risks with this currency especially. Thank you, Kevin

6-10 Nov

Still going up but this week with higher negative P/L...

BTW MrTrader your settings in post #235 don't match those from post #209. Is that an update?? These last ones seem to be more risky....

mr.trader:
Hi there,

no update, take a look, thats default settings, but this account doesn´t exist any more.... is expiered today with an profit from 42% since 10/3/2006 ! Was a 10k standard account with 1:100 and default settings starting with a micro lot (0,01)

Hope this helps !

mr.trader

...which means I'd better keep on using you settings from post #209, i.e,

TakeProfit = 30

Lots = 0.01

StopLoss = 0

TrailingStop = 0

MaxTrades=10

Pips=20

SecureProfit=22

AccountProtection=1

AllSymbolsProtect=0

OrderstoProtect=5

OpenOrdersBasedOn=0

Everythings ok?

tks 4 u help!

ze0202:
...which means I'd better keep on using you settings from post #209, i.e,

TakeProfit = 30

Lots = 0.01

StopLoss = 0

TrailingStop = 0

MaxTrades=10

Pips=20

SecureProfit=22

AccountProtection=1

AllSymbolsProtect=0

OrderstoProtect=5

OpenOrdersBasedOn=0

Everythings ok?

tks 4 u help!

Basically yes, i use 0,01 lot on a IBFX Mini for 2k fundind volume, and in my oppinion OOBO=3 would be better, a little saver than MACD !

Hope it helps !

mr.trader

mr.trader:
Basically yes, i use 0,01 lot on a IBFX Mini for 2k fundind volume, and in my oppinion OOBO=3 would be better, a little saver than MACD !

Hope it helps !

mr.trader

well, even though for now I'll keep OOBO=0 so that we can compare our statements every friday afternoon... what about it?

Update

Okay Gents,

Sorry it took me longer than I said for me to post my results thus far. I hope my zip worked. Now, these settings are just as Mr.Trader stated in post #268. I would like to see a better (smoother) uptrend but...Forex is not smooth and this is not a price trend line but a profit/loss-close execution line. I will welcome any further advice from you guys upon analysis. Thx, Kevin

Files:
terminator.zip  10 kb

Founding question

mr.trader:

Hope it helps !

mr.trader

Do you count 0.01 lot for $2000 per 1 pair or all 6 pairs recommended ?

( 6 pairs, 0.01 lots needs $2000 or $12000 ?)