EuroX2.ex4 any comments? - page 5

luckyargfx:
hello, im glad this thread still alive, I'd like to change a few settings on this EA but the version i have is not editable, could you upload the editable version? thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, I only have the executable file that I purchased from the guy's website. I'd love to have the source code for this thing so I can see exactly how it works and make a few tweeks to it myself.

For those that have tried using it with the default settings, I would caution that each currency pair has it's own characteristics. It's even different for the same currency with different time frames. You have to use the optimization feature of MT4 Strategy tester to find the best variables to trade with. It's advisable that you use only one month of data so that you get a back test modelling of 85 to 90 percent.

Sorry to take so long to respond

Yam Digger

EuroX2 Success!!

I am live testing this EA now using paramters from previous poster's optimization. Max Trades = 6, Pips = 3, Take Profit = 17, Stop Loss = 4. Attached it to an H1 chart. Opened live mini account with $250.00 and 200:1leverage. After 4 days of trading, the program has all ready paid for itself. Up $100. Will continue testing and share results occasionally.

traderjoe56:
I am live testing this EA now using paramters from previous poster's optimization. Max Trades = 6, Pips = 3, Take Profit = 17, Stop Loss = 4. Attached it to an H1 chart. Opened live mini account with $250.00 and 200:1leverage. After 4 days of trading, the program has all ready paid for itself. Up $100. Will continue testing and share results occasionally.

would you share please your statement? it sounds nice but it is also hard to believe after all the other post.

thx

Here's the statement...hope it works.....

interbank_fx.doc

Also, if you were smart enough to save the link to the original EuroX2.zip file, you can go back there and redownload it. The author of the EA now offers a version of thie EA with a stop loss (see the readme.txt file in the bonus folder). I will be testing this EA in the coming week.

Also, in the attached statement, there are 6 transactions highlighted in yellow on 10/16/06. Somehow, I had the MetaTrader software running on my laptop and desktop simultaneously with the EuroX2 EA running on both, and duplicate orders were opened. Rather than leave it this way, I chose to close all 6 positiions even though they were at loss to return the program to its normal state. That cause about a $50.00 loss. So that fact that even with this mistake and the loss it created, the profit at the time of this statement was still $149.96 on a $250.00 initial investment in one week's time. Stay tuned.....let's see how this thing does over the long run, and how the stop loss version works.

TJ

Files:
interbank_fx.doc  374 kb

Hello, so that graphic means that this EA sucks .are the links above for the trial version (just for tester) or the real ones for virtual and live?

thanks.

newdigital:
My backtesting results since 2001, EURUSD H1 default settings. Lossing money very quickly.

traderjoe56:
interbank_fx.doc

So that fact that even with this mistake and the loss it created, the profit at the time of this statement was still $149.96 on a $250.00 initial investment in one week's time. Stay tuned.....let's see how this thing does over the long run, and how the stop loss version works.

TJ

Sounds great congrats. I found when backtesting the system it does well but sometimes before the end the entire balance drops to 0 (margin call). However I increased the initial balance in the account and it performed superb, so it was a good trade after all its just this needs a lot of margin.

It looks like you're using $250 initial capital. It should be enough for your micro account but be aware of how EuroX2 performs in the backtester. It uses up loads of margin sometimes and you could see a balance of $3000 (mini account) all of a sudden hit 0. Total you've got on your account now is around $400. This should be enough but I've seen the backtester margin calling balances of $20000+ before (mini account).

Mun

I know what you are talking about with the closeouts at the end of the testing term. I watch this closely, and would not hesitate to close positions manually and restart the algorithm from time to time, especially at times where major economic releases for the EUR and USD are coming out (i.e., Fed interest rate statement this week). Then restart the EA after the market stabilizes. I don't think there are any truly AUTOMATED trading systems. But the combination of automation and manual intervention is definitely working.

agreed

traderjoe56:
I know what you are talking about with the closeouts at the end of the testing term. I watch this closely, and would not hesitate to close positions manually and restart the algorithm from time to time, especially at times where major economic releases for the EUR and USD are coming out (i.e., Fed interest rate statement this week). Then restart the EA after the market stabilizes. I don't think there are any truly AUTOMATED trading systems. But the combination of automation and manual intervention is definitely working.

Nicely put i agree with you 100%

Tweaking the code

This is a proprietary .ex4 program. You can tweak the input parameters in the strategy tester as well in live trading. I am currently forward testing and backtesting the new one with added stop loss, and it is quite good. No need to alter the code.

TJ

Does anyone have the mq4 so we can adjust the code...... or is this a proprietary ex4. I think with a few tweaks it could be cool.

Reason: