MT4 Strategy tester Optimization Results - Loss Trades

Hi All,

I am trying to minimize the number of loss trades of my EA.

Is it possible to do this with MT4 strategy Tester? I thought this would be simple to include as a feature in the tester.

Presently only money value figures, such as Profit , DD etc, are being displayed on results table, not statistics (except for Total Trades) such as loss trades, long & short losses etc

Also I aware that Report Tab show this value but it is only for a single run test.

Leonymus

leonymus:

Hi All,

I am trying to minimize the number of loss trades of my EA.

Is it possible to do this with MT4 strategy Tester? I thought this would be simple to include as a feature in the tester.

Presently only money value figures, such as Profit , DD etc, are being displayed on results table, not statistics (except for Total Trades) such as loss trades, long & short losses etc

Also I aware that Report Tab show this value but it is only for a single run test.

Leonymus

If strategy tester could figure out how to minimize the number of losses on an EA, there would be a lot of rich people out there.

All you can do in strategy tester is tweak the input parameters through optimization and check the results. 

Thank you for your response, but I think I did not ask the question properly. Let me make myself a bit clearer...

What I am asking is if it is possible for MT4 tester to show in the "Optimization Results" Tab, statistics of the trades in each pass. That is, apart from "Total Trades", can it also display statistics for "Number of winning Trades", "Number of Loss Trades" etc, such that I graph and optimise this result? Currently the results do not show this (unless I do a single run). I think this would be a simple excercise and an obvious feature to have this showing on the table.

I'm starting to think, maybe not?

Reason: