Traders joking, the beginning - page 104

Statement of the day :

"Knight Capital Group Inc. (KCG)’s $440 million trading loss stemmed from an old set of computer softwarethat was inadvertently reactivated when a new program was installed, according to two people briefed on the matter."

Knight Trading Loss Said to Be Linked to Dormant Software - Bloomberg

"Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her. "What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party." Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore"

Pava:
"Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her. "What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out and give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party." Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore"

Smart girl i must say .. shes fit to be the president

Funny quotes

FUNNY QUOTES

1) The difference between running and walking is a lot more apparent when you have to go to the bathroom.

2) What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere?

'Hold my purse.'

3) The road to success is always under construction.

4) Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.

5) I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong

6) If you don't succeed at first, hide all evidence that you tried.

7) Marriage is give and take. You'd better give it to her or she'll take it anyway.

8) Men are like bank accounts.

Without a lot of money they don't generate a lot of interest.

9) If there is a "WILL", there are 500 relatives.

10) Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

11) You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'

12) The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

13) Insurance is like marriage. You pay, pay, pay, and you never get anything back

You guys are actually lucky to be able to think like that

Where I come from there are two "categories" instead of one : there are men and there are politicians (of any kind)

psaini1973:
Smart girl i must say .. shes fit to be the president

From Jay Leno :

"Police in Florida have arrested a man who said he finally achieved his goal of shoplifting in all 50 states. You know what you call someone who steals from all 50 states? Congressman."

Files:
llll.gif  49 kb

Statement of the day :):)

"Currency strategists may be sour on the euro, but they're sweet on vacations in Europe."

REFILE-Forex skills come in handy for experts planning vacations | Reuters

Truly Nice Sharing, Thanks "Pava"

Pava:

Truly Nice Sharing, yes, when reading upto ..."give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house." i thought that she may feel insulted (some how that) but she really became intelegent, that's the smartest way she replied is the best answer. WOW and this is awesome..I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party." Great Reading. Keep posting more like that. Thanks "Pava"

Thought should I post this in forex news thread or here. Decided to post it here (when you read it it will be clear why - even though it is not even funny any more ...)

German fin min unaware of any ECB plan to target bond spreads

Germany's finance ministry is not aware of any plans for the European Central Bank to target spreads of bonds of struggling euro zone member states, a spokesman said on Monday in response to a media report.

"I am not aware of any such plans and haven't heard anything," spokesman Martin Kotthaus told a news conference.

"In purely theoretical, abstract terms, such an instrument would certainly be very problematic. But I know of no proposal along these lines," he said.

The latest edition of Der Spiegel says, without naming its sources, that the ECB is discussing interest rate thresholds for individual euro zone countries with a view to intervening if the premium over German bonds is exceeded.

Government officials also said that talks this Friday between Chancellor Angela Merkel and Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras would culminate in a new roadmap for aid for Athens.

"We know that the subject of Greece will be at the centre of the talks, but the basis for all decisions on Greece is the troika (the ECB, EU and International Monetary Fund)," said government spokesman Steffen Seibert.

The troika is due to present its next report in September.

Seibert also stressed that any decisions on Greece had to be taken jointly with Germany's European partners.

full article

Reason: