Great EA in backtest! - page 130

Ct

Hi Gandolff

Some have gone live with CT. But its not ready for that yet on its own.

However if you do your own analysis to know which direction at any given time you should be trading then yes it automates your trades. But i find that cumbersome and defeating the purpose of an ea

I am currently trading ct 1.93b(attached) eur/usd on demo only and its primarily optimised for this pair by the developer but the logic should work on any pair with minimum spread thats the key.

tc

unable to send attachment (

perhaps someone else can post the ea for gandolff

Download link not working

Could someone share this EA file? The download link is not working at the moment.

THANKS!!

Platform

Hi

I will be going live(not using ct) needed to know which platform I should go with .My main concern are the spreads. Like MIG advertises their spreads being only 2 yet the facts are they requote every day perhaps several times in a day itself

Any recommendations which one to go with ?

thanks

gandolff:
Hello,

Great work, I'm looking forward to contributing to this thread. I have read through most of the thread (all 130 pages). I have a few questions

1. Which version(s) are folks using to trade in a "real live account" and what currency pairs?

2. I could not find a link to download CT v1.98?

3. Has anyone tried using v1.93b and v1.94ppf with other currency pairs.

1. People are using: 1.93b and now 1.94ppf;

2. CT 1.98 was a typo;

3. CT only work well for EUR.USD; to work with other pairs it must have some tunning that was made by David once, but he made the "1.85g JPY" whose results weren't as good as 1.93b on EUR.USD to me...

norskee:
Could someone share this EA file? The download link is not working at the moment. THANKS!!

please use the last version.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174700/page82

This thread seems to have gone rather quiet ... rather like the EA in question. My testing of 1.94ppf has generated only one trade since the market re-opened ... its first ever (for me). .... But at least it was a winner! Is this normal for this version?

Also, there was a little disagreement a little way back, as to whether this EA should be turned off during new times, or not. What is the concensus on that? ... and, if we need it, how can it be set to more than 6 TimeTradeHoursDisabled?

Given that it trades so infrequently, might disabling hours prevent it from trading at all?

Those of you that are trading using TimeTradeHoursDisabled, what hours do you think should be disabled? Looking at the calendar, there seems to be so many that may affect things, it's difficult to know which hours to allow

I've been looking at other EAs, and it would appear that there are other files needed, to put into the /include folder and /indicators folder. Is that the case with this EA too?

FutureMillionaire?:
I've been looking at other EAs, and it would appear that there are other files needed, to put into the /include folder and /indicators folder. Is that the case with this EA too?

No, To use CT you only need its file, no indicators, nothing else.

I've been using many EAs myself and noticed that disabling their operation during news is a good idea because:

1. It is really difficult to place, modify and close order with brokers during news hours. (I used to trade news, but I lost a lot of money when I cold not close my profitable trades )
  2. Spread usually widens during news
  3. There is a lot of market noise and rapid micro-trend changes (i.e. whips) during news.

(1 & 2 can only be observed on real live accounts not demo)

A while back I tested the following scenario:

Instead of disabling my EA at fixed hours like 13,15 & 19 GMT I checked the economic calendar and manually disabled the EA when there were news releases which affected the currency pair I was trading. I also had another demo account running simultaneously on the same broker where I disabled trade on 13,15 &19 GMT.

Conclusion: The EA where I manually disabled trade based on the economic calendar made more money!

Reason: