100% In 3 Days. - page 2

moneyline:
I couldn't disagree more. What about events that are not mathematically quantifiable? Trader sentiment and viewpoint seem to be a strong market-moving force, how do you measure that?

What about rumor and wrong information? A few weeks ago the markets sold the US dollar because they received a rumor (taken as fact) of the replacement for Treasury Secretary Snow. A day after that the White House announced the true nominee, MR. Paulson ....how would you code that into software?

It's ludicrous to think there's an EA that can account for all the influences bearing down on the Forex market. The forces that have ruled the markets for hundreds of years are still with us, and they are very complex human qualities .....how would you code that into software?

Your line "Trading is playing with mathmatical probabilities in real time" doesn't describe trading at all. Let me say there's so much more to trading than that. Perhaps we should call this thread "The EA that took over the world." LOL

moneyline

Moneyline, I think you are missing the point.

What pip-gandalf is stressing is that a computer would not care about human sentiment, thus it will react to mathmatical nuance(price change) in real time irrespective of the political agenda behind the forex.

You have no idea what good programmers can do..............Even if you are old school, you cannot disregard simple truths like Nanoo Technology and Neural programming.

pip-gandalf:
Sorry for the misleading title guys, but I wanted to know your opinion about this:

Assuming one of us Creates a super smart Forex system that makes 100% in 3

days. And assume that this system is posted here and now.

I have worked on the forex for over 3 years to perfect my systems( I am nowhere near 100% in 3 days) - now - assume that some new guy who just Googled something got to this forum and without any effort at all he downloaded a magical ea and made a 10000000$...

Is this fair? I think not !!!

Would we all benefit from getting the amazing system = no - because - if everyone had it - The forex would crumble , and everyone would lose money.

My plea is mainly to the forex forum administrators :

1) I think that if you get such a system - you should remove it immediately from the forum for the beneft of us all.

2) All the Americans here would talk about freedom of expression etc.....but just note that if such a system would be created and everyone will have it AMERICA would CRUMBLE into a hugh defecit and a world war could start (history teaches us that).

I think that the forum is great, but here and especially here , all those of us who invested a hugh amount of time and effort should not be punished by spreading amazing systems, which would only be counterproductive as illustrated above.

What do you think ?

For me you wrote a lot of b.s. , we are in a free word and anyone is free to do want he wants , lukily the owner of this forum don't live in America !!Thanks God that i am European and don't live in your na. country !

What is good EA for example?

When you attach good EA to the chart the price starts to move in strict horizontal way and your depost is becoming more and more tremendous.

fx-programmer:
Moneyline, I think you are missing the point.

What pip-gandalf is stressing is that a computer would not care about human sentiment, thus it will react to mathmatical nuance(price change) in real time irrespective of the political agenda behind the forex.

You have no idea what good programmers can do..............Even if you are old school, you cannot disregard simple truths like Nanoo Technology and Neural programming.

Hi Fx-Programmer, good to hear from you.

I do think the future holds lots of promise for Nano Technology, and in particular for medical applications at the cellular level.

Parallel processing and Neural Networks also hold lots of future potential.

What I'm saying is that most things in this world develop a system of checks and balances. Just because some group could develop a very powerful EA, doesn't mean another competing one can't do the same thing. Even more, soon there would be an entire crop of very powerful and competing EA's

In this day and age hardly anything is done in absolute by only one group. I guarantee you that when that day comes, there will be a whole slew of them...not just one. Heck, you don't have to look any further than this forum. I could spend all of my time testing indicators from A to Z, and the next morning there would be another fresh batch to test!

It's forums like this one that will save the day for the small traders, folks that wouldn't be able to afford to pay sky-high fees for the use of some of those EA's. Besides providing a counter balance to the folks that are developing an EA in secrecy, these forums will help insure the future longevity of small traders.

The best way to insure a level playing field in the future is to always provide access to information.

moneyline

moneyline:
Hi Fx-Programmer, good to hear from you.

I do think the future holds lots of promise for Nano Technology, and in particular for medical applications at the cellular level.

Parallel processing and Neural Networks also hold lots of future potential.

What I'm saying is that most things in this world develop a system of checks and balances. Just because some group could develop a very powerful EA, doesn't mean another competing one can't do the same thing. Even more, soon there would be an entire crop of very powerful and competing EA's

In this day and age hardly anything is done in absolute by only one group. I guarantee you that when that day comes, there will be a whole slew of them...not just one. Heck, you don't have to look any further than this forum. I could spend all of my time testing indicators from A to Z, and the next morning there would be another fresh batch to test!

It's forums like this one that will save the day for the small traders, folks that wouldn't be able to afford to pay sky-high fees for the use of some of those EA's. Besides providing a counter balance to the folks that are developing an EA in secrecy, these forums will help insure the future longevity of small traders.

The best way to insure a level playing field in the future is to always provide access to information.

moneyline

Hey Moneyline,

I hate to go philosophical on you, but the concept of "Harm to Others" as posed by J.S.MILL lead to the most profitable development in current legal history. I think that what Pip-Gandalf is saying is that actual harm(to others , ibid) would befall small traders just because of reckless handeling of a powerful money making machine which could be posted in this forum and spread like a virus(and could fall into the wrong hands........and we know who they are...).

Obviously, if everyone would score 1000% a month - brokers would diminish the leverage to 0 - thus only the people with big money would actually make money (because they would not need leverage), thus contrary to your statment this would actually damage small traders , and will lead to further manipulations of the market.

Is that what we want?

I hate to agree with Pip-Gandalf, he has got a very good point.

This is the worst thread I have read.

Can we just get on with EA testing and development without all the doom and gloom merchants spouting off?

Mike4X.

mike4X:
This is the worst thread I have read.

Can we just get on with EA testing and development without all the doom and gloom merchants spouting off?

Mike4X.

I agree. There are several great responses to this over at FF where pipgandalf started the same thread. Just simply silly!

I have lived in the United States for 44 years and NOT once have I ever felt not free. Maybe you believe the media too much whether from the U.S. or the media in your own country. I have traveled to many countries on this planet and they are all unique, each offering something different, the U.S. is not different in that regard. The U.S. has it's Good points and it's Bad points just as do ALL countries. cheers

dirk:
For me you wrote a lot of b.s. , we are in a free word and anyone is free to do want he wants , lukily the owner of this forum don't live in America !!Thanks God that i am European and don't live in your na. country !

I think for someone to post not to put of EAs on the forum or for people not to try sell them to keep there 100%to themselves ''backtesting sucks'', is someone who actually has bought them and got burned...and is pissed off...elite subscription is cheap and fun i would think..i dont have it, but i could see the fun in testing them all...

PIP-GANDALF: DONT BUY EA's.... I wouldnt sell one if i had one that had great backtests and few months or days of profit, because i wouldnt buy one..people selling them obviously cant make money with them or trading period thats why they are scamming people....

wao

moneyline:
Besides, as Igor has mentioned, there isn't a system that can do something utterly human: instantly recognize market conditions within a few seconds.

Most experienced Forex traders can look at a chart and know more or less what the prevailing market conditions are, IE: trending, ranging, flat, or choppy. As far as I know there isn't any commercially available software that can do that. That's not to say that some day in the future there won't be such software, I just don't see it in my lifetime.

As to the general state of chaos that would ensue from such a system, I have very strong reservations about that point of view. Most worthwhile endeavors have a flood of teams working on it, and they also know other real players. The software that would provide the market recognition ability wouldn't stay a secret for too long. There would shortly be competing software with the main goal of executing good trades, and a secondary goal of "tricking" the competing software into bad trades. Competition is an ever-present fact of our world, and one I'm glad for.

One more thing to consider: The commercial ties between many government and multi-national concerns are so wide and deep, attention would immediately follow anybody using such software. Measures would be taken and roadblocks thrown up. Competing services would spring up overnight.

The real danger: If "thinking machines" do take over the Forex market, it will make it impossible for the small trader to participate. The days of the solitary trader carving out his little niche of the market would soon be over.

moneyline

You are so self centerd,Before u came to this forum you know nothing of MQl,now that you have all u needed,u want to block others from having the benefit of this great forum..

2Trillions traded daily,were does the money go? that is enough to go around

Reason: